• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:
1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Was this fast track? If not, that is lightning fast for Value as their stated time is 80+ days and my Value is still SFG from over a month earlier than yours.

His was economy not value, if you go back the previous page members have value from 3/14 at grading/ quality control. My 3/16 Value is at scheduled for grading still.

I have a 3/20 Value submission also sitting in SFG. 

1 hour ago, johnenock said:

Sent 1 book in as a walkthrough.

Received 7/2....

not graded yet?!

Should have just saved some money and went with standard.

When you do walkthrough, how does CGC bill you? I understand it's 3% of FMV, but what do you use for FMV...raw or slabbed? Does CGC figure the amount owed before you send the book(s) like other tiers?

I sent the following email to CGC on 7/2/19:

I would just like to check on the status of the comic books I submitted for grading. The order number is XXXXXXXXXX.  Someone from your company signed and picked up the books at the post office on 5/30/19. On the CGC Submission Tracking webpage it states they were received on 6/5/19.  My credit card was charged on 6/7/19. When I submitted online the wait was listed as 15 days. I noticed that the waiting period for Standard submissions has increased to 18 days. It has been 19 business days since you listed them as received and 22 since they were picked up at the post office.  Any information on the status of my books would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CGC response:

Thank you for your email. Your submission was received in our system on 6/5/19. It is currently in the grading queue.  Standard services are currently running 4-5 weeks, that’s about 20-25 business. We have approximately another week for finalization.

49 minutes ago, drjmd3426 said:

I sent the following email to CGC on 7/2/19:

I would just like to check on the status of the comic books I submitted for grading. The order number is XXXXXXXXXX.  Someone from your company signed and picked up the books at the post office on 5/30/19. On the CGC Submission Tracking webpage it states they were received on 6/5/19.  My credit card was charged on 6/7/19. When I submitted online the wait was listed as 15 days. I noticed that the waiting period for Standard submissions has increased to 18 days. It has been 19 business days since you listed them as received and 22 since they were picked up at the post office.  Any information on the status of my books would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CGC response:

Thank you for your email. Your submission was received in our system on 6/5/19. It is currently in the grading queue.  Standard services are currently running 4-5 weeks, that’s about 20-25 business. We have approximately another week for finalization.

Same company line I got as well. My SFG date was 6/7 no movement since. 27 days is almost double what people are paying for. Whats really bothering me is the "oh well" attitude as well as modern tier has actually gone down in time.

5 hours ago, johnenock said:

Sent 1 book in as a walkthrough.

Received 7/2....

not graded yet?!

Should have just saved some money and went with standard.

That's messed up. 

43 minutes ago, Bighaley21 said:

I don't care how backed up they are this one is unacceptable. 

I can top that one.

Sent 2 books in one package (comics and magazine) ... both for press and grading Walkthru.  The package was signed for on 6/24.  The comic was Received 6/26 and mailed back to me 6/27.  The magazine, however, shows Received 6/24, and shows no status change up until now (7/10).  I emailed an inquiry 7/8 and received a generic (generated?) reply essentially saying they'll get to it when they get to it.

1 hour ago, Bookery said:

I can top that one.

Sent 2 books in one package (comics and magazine) ... both for press and grading Walkthru.  The package was signed for on 6/24.  The comic was Received 6/26 and mailed back to me 6/27.  The magazine, however, shows Received 6/24, and shows no status change up until now (7/10).  I emailed an inquiry 7/8 and received a generic (generated?) reply essentially saying they'll get to it when they get to it.

So walkthru is pretty much what standard tier should be.. something isn't right with the ship. 

4 minutes ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Value Sub (5 books)

3/16 - Scheduled for grading

7/10 - Grading/QC

a little sigh of relief that we're not left twisted in the wind :eek: Thanks for posting :whee: