• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, szav said:

Yeah but you looked.... that’s the first step in “crossing over”...

Actually, I'm on their e-mail list so I get their ads and offers. 

8 hours ago, johnenock said:

Received. They just charged my card, so am assuming things will get moving shortly. Not mad at them or anything, just confused why I paid for a couple day turnaround and it is taking so much more time. Only reason I did the walkthrough service is because it is a high dollar book and I get nervous when it sits around in limbo.

This is my concerns. I'm not as worried about when something gets back to me as long as it gets back safely. They've got a 5 figure book of mine that they didn't even know where it was at in the process between CCS and CGC for over a month. That's not what I want to hear.

22 hours ago, szav said:

I’m not quite there yet, have always had good interactions before and CGC has been great about accommodating my label update requests, but this sort of ‘we’re the only show in town’ level of customer service could well open the door back up for the other guys.

Sadly I don't think CBCS will ever be a true competitor to CGC; like a fisher with its claws and nails done into the ground CGC is just too entrenched in the comic grading world. 

I hear you on the customer service responses, the responses are quick but usually not helpful at all and poor from a customer service standpoint.  I don't know if that's better than just being ignored.  haha

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already. This is my first time sending in a submission in almost two years. I sent in 25 moderns for a quick press and fast track pre screen. My books were received on 6/1. Will the status change once the quick press starts? Or will the status change when the books are transferred to cgc for grading?

3 hours ago, fatlab123 said:

Hi the Orange County one? If so yes over a month ago

Yes!  Damn, I drop off some comics to get them signed, pressed and graded since I couldn’t stay for the event.  Still haven’t heard anything from Torpedo Comics.  Should I be worried?

7 hours ago, Mattk3447 said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already. This is my first time sending in a submission in almost two years. I sent in 25 moderns for a quick press and fast track pre screen. My books were received on 6/1. Will the status change once the quick press starts? Or will the status change when the books are transferred to cgc for grading?

The status won't change until the pressing is done and CGC receives books.

4 hours ago, Jbhermosillo said:

Yes!  Damn, I drop off some comics to get them signed, pressed and graded since I couldn’t stay for the event.  Still haven’t heard anything from Torpedo Comics.  Should I be worried?

No Pressing takes longer ..I didn’t have anything pressed ...

I just sent in my first submission ever; economy fast track and it's looking like it'll be just a bit longer. Just wanted to share for an added point of reference for anyone else who is new to submissions like myself. Collecting CGC and raw books for decades, but first time sending them in myself.

• Delivered:06/09
  • SFG:06/15

I called just to see if they were backlogged as I am going out of town for business for a couple of weeks and the TAT had them coming back around the middle of this trip. The lady I spoke with almost chuckled when she said "oh yes.. we are definitely behind" and "hope for the very end of the month".  She was very honest, and helpful. I'm OK with a little delay, as long as they give us all fair grades and keep their standards up (ref grading and customer service) I can be patient, and continue to send them books for years to come.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:29 AM, Bighaley21 said:

5 Books Value Tier:

-Received 3/14/19

-6/18/2019 still sitting at "Scheduled for Grading"

Moved to Shipped/Safe today. 

Also had a Modern submission from 6/13/19 (9 books total) go to Grading/Quality Control on Friday.

Edit: I got the grades on both today and the Value Tier were higher than what I expected including one that was a 9.0 that I would have graded 7.5/8.0. The Moderns were what I expected but a couple sure 9.8s from what I saw were 9.6s for some reason. Also, one book I had down as a 9.2 with obvious color breaks on the back came back a 9.6.

Happy to see movement again. :)

Edited by Bighaley21

1 hour ago, Bighaley21 said:

Moved to Shipped/Safe today. 

Also had a Modern submission from 6/13/19 (9 books total) go to Grading/Quality Control on Friday.

Edit: I got the grades on both today and the Value Tier were higher than what I expected including one that was a 9.0 that I would have graded 7.5/8.0. The Moderns were what I expected but a couple sure 9.8s from what I saw were 9.6s for some reason. Also, one book I had down as a 9.2 with obvious color breaks on the back came back a 9.6.

Happy to see movement again. :)

My modern subs have been overly tight, and my Value I was either on point or low by .2/.5

1 hour ago, johnenock said:

Here's an update:

Walkthrough received on 7/2

Status on 7/15: received

Guess I have to make a call.

The few times I had issues with walk-thru books taking more times than usual, it meant they were really looking over the book because they felt it was conserved or restored. Don’t think that’s the case here as the book is still sitting as received. I would call (if it were me, I would have already called).