• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, johnenock said:

Here's an update:

Walkthrough received on 7/2

Status on 7/15: received

Guess I have to make a call.

Did you write “walkthrough” on the outside of the box? Last time I subbed an express I read (after I’d shipped the box) that I was supposed to write “express” on the outside of the box so it would be opened first. Not that that excuses how slow they’ve been opening boxes lately...

7 minutes ago, mysterio said:
3 hours ago, johnenock said:

Here's an update:

Walkthrough received on 7/2

Status on 7/15: received

Guess I have to make a call.

Did you write “walkthrough” on the outside of the box? Last time I subbed an express I read (after I’d shipped the box) that I was supposed to write “express” on the outside of the box so it would be opened first. Not that that excuses how slow they’ve been opening boxes lately...

You might think they would allocate more people to just getting the darn boxes opened and the contents logged in. Seems like a real stress point that it wouldn't be that hard to relieve. 

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

I did not do that. Guess I will in the future. Will call tomorrow and see. I assume it has been opened because they processed my CC.

Sent in one book in the express tier. No notation on the box, but it arrived at the p.o. this afternoon and it's logged into the site this evening as SFG. Strangely efficient processing!

I've determined that my books are actually never coming back. CGC owns them now. It's their brand new service, just starting today. I pay them to receive my books and toss them into a bottomless pit known by the native peoples only as The SFG. 

On 7/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Modern 12 Books(No Fast Track)

Scheduled for grading 6/13/19

Grading/Quality Control 7/15/19

Shipped Safe 7/16/19

Edited by pastandpresentcomics
update info

Ok just got off the phone with them. Here is the update:

Pressing walkthrough is 10 business days.

So with the holiday, they appear to be on track for pressing tomorrow or Thursday.

Graded on Friday, hopefully?

Shipped next week.

Still shoulda went through Joey for pressing.

Lesson learned.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, celluloidbuff said:

Received 6/6/2019, scheduled for grading 6/28/2019, grading/quality control 7/2/2019, finalized/imaged/shipped on 7/9/2019. (6 Signature Series)

No movement on batch 2 that was received 6/24/2019.

3 modern Signature Series

Received 6/24/2019

Scheduled for grading 07/17/2019

On 7/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, szav said:

Business day 40 on my 24 day TAT Fast track economy received 5/16.  Starting to wonder if they didn't have a bunch of people quit or if they're not having some sort of material shortage for slabs.  Order has been at grading/qc for 17 business days now

The long wait is over:

Fast track economy 24 day TAT received 5/16

Shipped 7/17

Only missed the estimated TAT by one month...

Grades were good... And for that I forgive you CGC.  Thanks.

Express grade and press:

Delivered 6/27/19

"Recieved" 7/10/19

Here it is 7/17/19 and its STILL "Recieved"...

Supposed to be 15 business days total. At this point, I would not be surprised if two months is on the table. What a joke.