• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Darkwing7869 said:

Express grade and press:

Delivered 6/27/19

"Recieved" 7/10/19

Here it is 7/17/19 and its STILL "Recieved"...

Supposed to be 15 business days total. At this point, I would not be surprised if two months is on the table. What a joke.

By my count you're on business day 13.  In my limited experience with submissions, the TAT have always been pretty spot on.  I find I'm rarely bothered though.  My book either spends time in their vault, or it sits in a box tucked away in my closet.  Either way, they're both out of sight.  As long as they don't have my book for an extended amount of time to the point that I start worrying if my book is lost, it doesn't really bother me if they're a week or two late.  Hell, i'm more worried when the USPS is driving it around the US because THAT feels like it takes forever.

5 minutes ago, Gaard said:

My 3/21/19 value sub just went to G/QC.

Awesome!

18 minutes ago, bronzejunkie said:

Been scheduled for grading since 4/16... It's gonna be a long summer. Dang Value tier!

Maybe give it a month...

I'm still waiting from 5/09/19, sent in some moderns today that will probably get back before my value sub so.... :eek:

Last I read Value Tier is 80 days so 4 months just for grading. Glad I went elsewhere for pressing otherwise the greater portion of a year just to get your books back. Is it safe to say that when Value TATs get this high more people start using Fast Track which will inevitably put Value even further behind?

14 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Last I read Value Tier is 80 days so 4 months just for grading. Glad I went elsewhere for pressing otherwise the greater portion of a year just to get your books back. Is it safe to say that when Value TATs get this high more people start using Fast Track which will inevitably put Value even further behind?

I’ve got some books still in “receiving”, which were delivered to CGC in early June for Value Pressing (CCS) and Grading. I figure if I see them by March I’ll be lucky. 

On 7/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Grading/Quality Control 7/15/19

Shipped Safe 7/16/19

Received on 7/17/19 , Doorbell rang, by the time I got to the door, the package was on the front door step and the Fedex driver was back in his truck. Delivery confirmation shows as signed for by me. :cry:

8 minutes ago, pastandpresentcomics said:
On 7/16/2019 at 11:08 AM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Grading/Quality Control 7/15/19

Shipped Safe 7/16/19

Received on 7/17/19 , Doorbell rang, by the time I got to the door, the package was on the front door step and the Fedex driver was back in his truck. Delivery confirmation shows as signed for by me. :cry:

That's messed up... you could call and report the driver lol but if he's not fired I could just imagine the next time you have a package...

20 minutes ago, lonetree said:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 07/17/19
Scheduled for Grading 07/19/19

Lol I'll ask you a silly question...

My modern sub is going to be delivered to cgc Monday, any chance I beat the SDCC rush? (: but really :wishluck:ha.

But anyway glad yours got checked in so quickly before the SDCC rush! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, pastandpresentcomics said:

That really sucks that the driver didn't even bother to wait for an answer at the door for a few seconds. Did he forge your name just to get out of there a few seconds quicker?

5 hours ago, pastandpresentcomics said:

Actually, my local FedEx guys routinely do this. They get a signature when they can (which is nearly all the time), but otherwise they leave it. They know there's almost always someone home or, if there's not, someone will soon be home. I guess I'm fine rolling the dice that nothing will be stolen during the occasional brief periods a box is sitting on my porch. Beats having to drive out to the FedEx place to track down the package.

Now if it were a situation where they were routinely leaving packages without a sig early in the morning and nobody was going to be home until the evening, I would have a different view. In that case, I'd be complaining. 

On 6/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, Lifesuggs said:

I had to email in, because I submitted through someone this time cause I had them pressed before sending.

25 modern

received June 13th

Showed up today! Submitted through someone, sorry for not more exact dates.

mailed June 3rd

received June 13th

at my place July 20th

BBEB0F02-902B-432A-98F5-D2247D08DE37.jpeg