• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

Wow, 21 days to get put in the system?

Yep. No idea what they were doing, I was on vacation or I’d have called. I did package multiple tier / invoice together, but it was packaged nicely per their instructions.

53 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Modern (No Fast Track)

Delivered: 6/3

Received: 6/24

Scheduled For Grading: 6/26

Grading/Quality Control: 7/22

...almost. 

My modern submission that was received on 6/21 is still in Scheduled for Grading. How did yours get ahead of mine?

16 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

My modern submission that was received on 6/21 is still in Scheduled for Grading. How did yours get ahead of mine?

I don’t know maybe they felt bad for keeping for 3 weeks before even “receiving”, lol. Mine was 3 books only, no fast track. 

Edited by wiparker824

5 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

I don’t know maybe they felt bad for keeping for 3 weeks before even “receiving”, lol. Mine was 3 books only, no fast track. 

my 10 book modern non fast track was "delivered" today.... the 7/22/19 so heres hoping for a bit faster check in time :wishluck: 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

my 10 book modern non fast track was "delivered" today.... the 7/22/19 so heres hoping for a bit faster check in time :wishluck: 

FWIW I had another modern submission delivered on 7/18 and received on 7/19... not sure if it makes a difference but this second one was USPS first one was FedEx

23 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

FWIW I had another modern submission delivered on 7/18 and received on 7/19... not sure if it makes a difference but this second one was USPS first one was FedEx

.... mine was usps too, i should update when marked received, so thanks for giving me hope lol 

25 Books for Modern Pre-Screen at a 9.8 - Update:

Delivered to CGC on 5/21

Scheduled for Grading on 5/29

Credit Card charged on 6/7 for the full amount (as if all 25 were 9.8's - I called and they said they'd refund the money once all is said and done. Is that weird to anyone?)

Grading/Quality Control on 7/19

Only 3 rejects showing so far. I'm hoping that of the 22 remaining, they all stay at 9.8 (or higher, lol).  The highest the TAT got during this period was 57 days; lowest, 40.  Now it sits at 42.

Will update when they ship.

Edited by Drummeraa

33 minutes ago, Drummeraa said:

Credit Card charged on 6/7 for the full amount (as if all 25 were 9.8's - I called and they said they'd refund the money once all is said and done. Is that weird to anyone?)

No, they're never late when it comes to taking payment. It's everything else that seems to be delayed :roflmao:They'd rather take the full amount and issue a refund than wait and charge the correct amount. 

3 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

Yes. Very weird. They aren't supposed to charge on pre screens until after they are graded/rejected.

6 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Yes. Very weird. They aren't supposed to charge on pre screens until after they are graded/rejected.

They are in QC so they are graded and they do usually charge the card at this point however I've never seen them charge the full amount for all 25 unless they all passed the pre-screen. They usually charge the full amount for the ones that passed (looks like 22 in this case) and then $5 per for the rejects. 

3 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

They are in QC so they are graded and they do usually charge the card at this point however I've never seen them charge the full amount for all 25 unless they all passed the pre-screen. They usually charge the full amount for the ones that passed (looks like 22 in this case) and then $5 per for the rejects. 

They were charged over a month before they hit QC for his order.

Yeah, there is no way they could have been evaluated in a little over a week of being received and scheduled for grading in the system.  Unless, they were like, "Dang, so impressive!  These have to all be 9.9's and 10's for sure cause this dude knows how to pre-screen the pre-screen like a mo fo riot!"

14 minutes ago, I like pie said:

They were charged over a month before they hit QC for his order.

My bad, thought he said he could see the rejects. Still weird for them to charge for all of them and then refund... haven't seen that from them and I pre screen regularly.

Just an update: *Edit: Economy fast track

Delivered:06/09

SFG:06/15

Grading/QC: 07/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 07/23

Moon Knight 1 5/14 Marvel Comics Sienkiewicz Variant Cover
9.8 WHITE
Wolverine: Origins 10 3/07 Marvel Comics Retailer Incentive Edition
9.4 WHITE
NYX 3 2/04 Marvel Comics
9.6 WHITE
I am a little surprised by the Wolverine book, but otherwise I guessed about right. My grader notes indicated only flaws on the back cover (which I neglected to thoroughly inspect) for the 9.4 and 9.6 so lesson learned for the next submission. I have multiples of the NYX and Moon Knight so I am definetly happy.
Edited by dustin.moffitt85
Update submissin type

On 7/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

my 9 book modern non fast track was "delivered" today.... the 7/22/19 so heres hoping for a bit faster check in time :wishluck: 

9 book modern non fast track cgc received 7/23/19 current estimated tat was bumped up from 22 days to 25 now the tuesday after sdcc