• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

25 Books for Modern Pre-Screen at a 9.8 - Update:

Delivered to CGC on 5/21

Scheduled for Grading on 5/29

Credit Card charged on 6/7 for the full amount (as if all 25 were 9.8's - I called and they said they'd refund the money once all is said and done. Is that weird to anyone?)

Grading/Quality Control on 7/19

Only 3 rejects showing so far. I'm hoping that of the 22 remaining, they all stay at 9.8 (or higher, lol).  The highest the TAT got during this period was 57 days; lowest, 40.  Now it sits at 42.

Will update when they ship.

Finalized on 7/24

22 out of 25 at 9.8's.  Came in under the current 42 day TAT.  For my first prescreen submission, I'm super stoked with 88% meeting the mark.

3 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

Finalized on 7/24

22 out of 25 at 9.8's.  Came in under the current 42 day TAT.  For my first prescreen submission, I'm super stoked with 88% meeting the mark.

What happened with them charging the full grading fees for all 25? Did they refund the 3? I haven't seen this from them before and am curious if I should be expecting this on my pre-screens going forward.

2 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

What happened with them charging the full grading fees for all 25? Did they refund the 3? I haven't seen this from them before and am curious if I should be expecting this on my pre-screens going forward.

Nothing yet.  I'll reply back when they do. 

6 minutes ago, I like pie said:

No rejects. 37/37 9.8 but expecting a couple over that.

Recap:

Received by CGC 7/15

SFG: 7/16

QC: 7/22

Shipped Safe 7/24

9.9 x7 :banana:

so it was a "prescreen" and only took about 10 days?

19 minutes ago, I like pie said:

7 business days!

I'm assuming you fast tracked? I never understood this part. When you fast track a pre-screen, it goes by the fast track TAT and not the pre-screen TAT? Or some hybrid in between the 2? It doesn't make sense that a pre-screen fast track would be as fast as a normal modern fast track but it looks like it is.

2 minutes ago, LordRahl said:
22 minutes ago, I like pie said:

7 business days!

I'm assuming you fast tracked? I never understood this part. When you fast track a pre-screen, it goes by the fast track TAT and not the pre-screen TAT? Or some hybrid in between the 2? It doesn't make sense that a pre-screen fast track would be as fast as a normal modern fast track but it looks like it is.

TO my knowledge, there IS NO "fast-track" offerred for prescreen... that's what threw me off, but here is the link and it's not listed ....

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, I like pie said:

You can submit pre screen fast track via the online forms(shrug)

Cool! Thanks! I've never done it, that's why I wasn't going to say anything.... lol 7 days TAT, you'd think that they'd advertise that nugget of gold :roflmao: 

Just now, I like pie said:
2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool! Thanks! I've never done it, that's why I wasn't going to say anything.... lol 7 days TAT, you'd think that they'd advertise that nugget of gold :roflmao: 

It was faster than normal. I am guessing they pushed to get stuff out before the SDCC stuff hit.

That makes sense :) my 9 book was entered next day after "received", I'm hoping it'll still be first in first out, since it was "received" yesterday.... hope to somewhat beat the SDCC rush :wishluck: 

17 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

I love that “fast” track still means waiting over 6 weeks for it to move from SFG to Grading in value tier... RIP to my books in value press + value grading tier with no fast track. 

lol I was thinking the same, sure it is value slow track, but to submit a modern slow track sub 2 months after value and still probably get it back 3 weeks before the value? lol 

It is what it is though :) even though, if it was "scheduled for grading" the value sub when received, why would they "schedule it 4 months out", when the current TAT at the time was only something like 45 business days (shrug)