• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

After getting my first comics back from the Almighty CGC ,I am now very excited about receiving the rest of my submissions.

we're excited too! but remember lol it's a bit addicting, along with the mailman ringing twice ha :foryou: 

On 7/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, miraclemet said:

miraclemet again... 

Value service with a quick press pre-screen

Received by CGC on 5/16

Moved to "Scheduled for Grading" on 6/27

Moved to "Grading / Quality Control" on 7/22

dear god the number of times in the last 2 days that I've gone back to my submissions page in hopes that they've updates from "Grading/Quality Control"....

34 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

dear god the number of times in the last 2 days that I've gone back to my submissions page in hopes that they've updates from "Grading/Quality Control"....

Same boat my modern submission has been in Grading/QC since Monday. Probably not helping that they likely returned from SDCC around the same time this week with a mountain of books...

2 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Same boat my modern submission has been in Grading/QC since Monday. Probably not helping that they likely returned from SDCC around the same time this week with a mountain of books...

When were your books received and did you do fast track?

Value is now up to 93 days. I never really kept track, but does anyone know if that is the longest time it's been? 

I keep thinking I should have done fast track, but I sent in a lot of books and the difference will pay for another comic.

23 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Value is now up to 93 days. I never really kept track, but does anyone know if that is the longest time it's been? 

I keep thinking I should have done fast track, but I sent in a lot of books and the difference will pay for another comic.

So with holidays and convention days and whatnot, that's like five months. :whatthe:

Yikes... 93 days value grading and 65 days for value pressing from CCS. Let's add in 17 days for shipping and CGC to check-in your order at a minimum and that makes it a solid 175 business days for a value press and grade. 

By my calculation that would mean shipping a book today would return to you in early April. :roflmao:9 months?!? This is the length of time it takes a woman to grow a human being inside them, and you're telling me it takes CGC the same amount of time to clean, press and grade my Amazing Spider-Man 121? Well, okay. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

So with holidays and convention days and whatnot, that's like five months. :whatthe:

If "convention days" don't count as days, we are talking a year.

I sent the first batch of books in at the beginning of April, hoping to get them around now. They weren't logged in for about 10 days. I guess I'm looking at late Sept?

On 7/23/2019 at 10:45 AM, celluloidbuff said:

Moved to Grading/Quality Control 07/23/2019.

3 modern Signature Series

Received 6/24/2019

Scheduled for grading 07/17/2019

Moved to Grading/Quality Control 07/23/2019.

Finalized/imaged/shipped on 07/25/2019 - 3 for 3 9.8 Signature Series Dave Barclay from Niagara Falls Comic Con, two Jabba action figure comics and a Yoda action figure comic (copious thanks to Rich Henn)