• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

I'm really beginning to worry about my modern submission.  There were 33 books and they were split into two groups.  The group of 8 has already been returned to me, but the remaining 25 haven't even left the "scheduled for grading" phase.  I've called for the past three days and am always told they must be in the slabbing room.  At this point, I really wish someone could check to make sure my books are actually there.  They seem to be in limbo somewhere.

1 hour ago, Serpentor said:

I'm really beginning to worry about my modern submission.  There were 33 books and they were split into two groups.  The group of 8 has already been returned to me, but the remaining 25 haven't even left the "scheduled for grading" phase.  I've called for the past three days and am always told they must be in the slabbing room.  At this point, I really wish someone could check to make sure my books are actually there.  They seem to be in limbo somewhere.

I don't think I'd worry too much at this point. I sent in a batch of 28 moderns about 4 months ago ... they were split into two groups (25 and 3). I got the 25 back before the other 3 were even graded.

Magazine Reholder (that they owed me for doing a terrible job the first time)

Arrived at CGC 6/19/19

Scheduled to be at my house 8/10/19

Way longer than I expected seeing the TAT says 15 days and I would think they would put a rush on their screw-ups

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, Gaard said:

I don't think I'd worry too much at this point. I sent in a batch of 28 moderns about 4 months ago ... they were split into two groups (25 and 3). I got the 25 back before the other 3 were even graded.

It's just odd since it has never happened to me before.  They are still sitting there in SFG status, and more than a week has passed since the others were shipped back.  It's hard to believe they would just sit in the slabbing room for that long.

19 weeks and counting.... man I’m really getting anxious to get my comics back.  Dropped off some Jim Lee X-Men #1 Foil Spanish Editions to get signed and pressed at Torpedo Comics in late March.  Can’t wait to get them home and framing them.  I just hope they come out with high grades.  All the ones I seen on eBay for sale have 9.4-9.6 they been a few 9.8.  I’m guessing the Mexican Printing company didn't do a good job on them.

Edited by Jbhermosillo
Misspell and ad extra info

On 8/7/2019 at 10:46 PM, Xyrmellon said:

My 4/10 value batch went into grading on Monday, so you should be up any day.

Thanks for the positive comment-- I'm not gonna lie-- going over four months to wait for your books is kind of insane. 

1 minute ago, lonetree said:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 07/17/19
Scheduled for Grading 07/19/19
Grading/Quality Control 08/12/19

Modern (50 Books)
Sent 08/09/19

my modern sub was marked "received" 7/23, that next Monday, so thanks for this :) wait your's weren't fast-tracked, right?

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, lonetree said:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 07/17/19
Scheduled for Grading 07/19/19
Grading/Quality Control 08/12/19

Modern (50 Books)
Sent 08/09/19

At least others are getting their books back.  My modern submission, received on 7/11/19, is still sitting in SFG status.  At this point, I'm convinced they are misplaced or lost.

Edited by Serpentor

5 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

At least others are getting there books back.  My modern submission, received on 7/11/19, is still sitting in SFG status.  At this point, I'm convinced they are misplaced or lost.

I'm sure you have, but have you called or is it too soon? wonder what they said....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
to too

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sure you have, but have you called or is it too soon? wonder what they said....

I've called until they are probably tired of hearing from me.  Short of having someone do a physical check for them, I don't know what else to do.  I'm very frustrated at this point, especially now that people are reporting movement on submissions received almost a week after mine.

4 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

When did you have your books received by CGC?

July 8th at which time the Value Tier was 80 business days. That's essentially 4 months. Now it is at 92 days so I guess all the Con submissions are raising the time frame.