current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Serpentor said:

I found out the issue with my modern submission received on 7/11.  It turns out three books (all copies of the same book) were something never seen before and needed to be researched.  Moral of the story: don't send in odd or unique books with your others.  They will slow down the entire lot.  Send books that might require some research in a submission by themselves.

Ok you have me curious.  What was the one ,of which you sent in 3 copies, that was never seen before?

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

My Economy tier comics went to "graded/quality control" on Aug 16th.  How many days do they usually stay at that status?  It's been 4 business days so far.

Mine took 3-4 and another person's I know took the same, and mine was over a weekend so there is the :p factor

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:
25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine took 3-4 and another person's I know took the same, and mine was over a weekend so there is the :p factor

So..... maybe tomorrow

:wishluck: hopefully! mine got to QC the day before your's on the 15th

and mine was finalized the 19th and got a notification that it shipped, but the printing label was created on the 20th and made it to UPS, which I guess that is normal....

it's my first sub done myself, and I thought it odd that i'd get a notification that it shipped and the "label wasn't created " yet....

Mine hit QC last Thursday the 15th, marked shipped the 19th, label created the 20th yesterday and made it to UPS late last night.....

Thanks for listening, but it's all that I know lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

When CGC ships UPS, unless specified, it ships UPS Ground?

Does UPS deliver on Saturday or do you have to make arrangements for them to deliver on Saturday?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Have 3 books with CCS for pressing that were sent in early March. Still there. Seems like they'll never travel over for grading. Everything else that was sent in March was back late May (no pressing needed). I'm thinking, at this point, that my submissions in late July will be back before the ones sent for pressing. 

Edited by ReporterSixx

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

When CGC ships UPS, unless specified, it ships UPS Ground?

Does UPS deliver on Saturday or do you have to make arrangements for them to deliver on Saturday?

Found out UPS doesn't ship on Saturdays, and that cgc still w ont let you hold for pick up :foryou:

4 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

I have two batches that were submitted at SDCC. 

My Modern tier non-fast track went to Grading/QC today

My Value tier is still in SFG

Good for you. Mine says it was received 8/13/19 and sits in "Received" status now...amazingly slow...

On 8/20/2019 at 7:04 AM, Serpentor said:

I found out the issue with my modern submission received on 7/11.  It turns out three books (all copies of the same book) were something never seen before and needed to be researched.  Moral of the story: don't send in odd or unique books with your others.  They will slow down the entire lot.  Send books that might require some research in a submission by themselves.

I find it helps on unique books that you don’t see on the census yet, or books you want a label note added to, to submit with the books a small write up with references and website links to the info they need.

Ive done this many times with big batches and haven’t really noticed any slowdown in TaT, usually send the same info in an email after the books are received.

Figure it might put them in a friendly mood for grading when you do as much of the work as you can for them too.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, ExacRan said:

oh man I will never use usps for cgc ever again. I live about 3-4 hours from cgc HQ. The package got shipped 8/15/2019 it got to Miami at 5:30 pm 8/16/2019 about 30 min from where I live and it stayed there until today 8/20/2019 and all of a sudden I get a message saying delivery attempted at 1:35pm (who is ever at home at this hour on a work day???) They gave no warning no out for delivery nothing. So now I have to pick it up in the morning before i go to work. :(

UPS got it to me the next day when i went with them. So I guess I will stick with UPS from now on.

Be careful switching to UPS, I know my insurance co won't cover the loss if I use them. 

re: carriers

I'll use UPS/FedEx for small or cheap batches - USPS for large or expensive batches, because of insurance reasons.

re: submitting at cons

I've never done it, so I have no experience. But I've always thought it was more likely for the books to be damaged if submitting at cons due to more people handling them. (Maybe I just have trust issues, but I wouldn't trust just anyone to pack up my books)