• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this yesterday, it’s probably been discussed before, but most us are clearly bothered by the long CGC wait. What do you guys think an acceptable wait would be? Do they have enough employees? Are we underestimating the volume of books they receive?

I’d love to be hired by CGC and go in my first day motivated to move things along and then be hit with stacks of 10,000 books and say “ Oh wow now I get it” lol

Here's and interesting one. 31 books sent in under the same modern pre-screen. I have the 25 book order back already. 

CGC3283183649
7/25/19
PRESCREEN - MODERN
8/29/19
CGC3283183649
7/25/19
PRESCREEN - MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

On 9/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I was thinking about this yesterday, it’s probably been discussed before, but most us are clearly bothered by the long CGC wait. What do you guys think an acceptable wait would be? Do they have enough employees? Are we underestimating the volume of books they receive?

I’d love to be hired by CGC and go in my first day motivated to move things along and then be hit with stacks of 10,000 books and say “ Oh wow now I get it” lol

I honestly don't know how things work at CGC but when 1 tier is taking 1 month and another is taking 4 months, wouldn't you want to take resources from one area and throw them to the other to kind of even things out? Are there 4X as many graders of modern books? I just don't get it sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, Jonnywadd said:

Doubt I'll ever use CCS again.  I have books from April that are finally in the grading process, but have been scheduled for a month now.  UGH..

Modern FT is always fast though.

With "sfg" being the new "received", I'm not surprised at the wait...

I have a value sub entered and sfg since May 9th this year...

I knew it would take a while, but what gets me is...

May 9th they received them, and then said and made the decision to themselves...

Hey, let's not grade these until September lol

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

With "sfg" being the new "received", I'm not surprised at the wait...

I have a value sub entered and sfg since May 9th this year...

I knew it would take a while, but what gets me is...

May 9th they received them, and then said and made the decision to themselves...

Hey, let's not grade these until September lol

I mean the current TAT at the time was 55 business days, how it is "scheduled" and is now September with no movement blows my mind....

Is it really "scheduled" or is that just a label, and they'll get to it when they do?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

Here's and interesting one. 31 books sent in under the same modern pre-screen. I have the 25 book order back already. 

CGC3283183649
7/25/19
PRESCREEN - MODERN
8/29/19
CGC3283183649
7/25/19
PRESCREEN - MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

They did the same thing with me back in March. I sent in a 28 book prescreen. I had 25 books back before the other 3 were even shipped.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

well my value non fast track received May 9th....

is currently a little passed 80 business days, i think even including holidays, and is still at "sfg"

was hoping that with current tat at 95 business day, that i'd see movement this week...

surely by next week sigh

My value (no fast track) was received May 1st, just went to grading/quality control today.

Hopefully I'll get it by the end of next week.

I think I'll just pay a little extra next time

3 minutes ago, robertdenby said:

My value (no fast track) was received May 1st, just went to grading/quality control today.

Hopefully I'll get it by the end of next week.

I think I'll just pay a little extra next time

Hey thanks for posting, means a lot :whee: I didn't know who to tag lol it was radio silence haha :ohnoez:

but anyway, you might get your grades online before the end of the week :wishluck: it took 3 days at QC for that on my Modern tier :foryou: 

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey thanks for posting, means a lot :whee: I didn't know who to tag lol it was radio silence haha :ohnoez:

but anyway, you might get your grades online before the end of the week :wishluck: it took 3 days at QC for that on my Modern tier :foryou: 

No problem,

Sent in 1 value along with 3 moderns, the moderns were shipped May 28th. Since then, I've sent in 1 Standard that was received on 6/11 and shipped on 7/15.

After waiting this long, part of me wants to look at the grade online. But, I also like finding out when I open the box.

I doubt I'll do any Value submissions again.

16 minutes ago, robertdenby said:

No problem,

Sent in 1 value along with 3 moderns, the moderns were shipped May 28th. Since then, I've sent in 1 Standard that was received on 6/11 and shipped on 7/15.

After waiting this long, part of me wants to look at the grade online. But, I also like finding out when I open the box.

I doubt I'll do any Value submissions again.

I hear you :) 

Economy a is is $38 non-fast track with 38 day TAT

and 

Value is $37 for Fast-Track with a 35 day TAT.....

I find that funny, obviously the insurance value is different at $400 for Eco and $200 for Value, but it's like needling a thread doh! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
"a"

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I mean the current TAT at the time was 55 business days, how it is "scheduled" and is now September with no movement blows my mind....

Is it really "scheduled" or is that just a label, and they'll get to it when they do?

I wholeheartedly agree that the term "scheduled" really starts to grind when you are well past the estimate when you originally sent the batch. In my mind, my books are checked in and then get placed in some sort of line along with books that are planned to be all graded at the same time -- planned, but not actually scheduled. I think a more accurate and less disingenuous status term would be "In Queue".

Since CGC decided to "simplify" things by cutting down on the number of status steps, the words used now matter more than before.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, ReporterSixx said:

Have 3 books with CCS for pressing that were sent in early March. Still there. Seems like they'll never travel over for grading. Everything else that was sent in March was back late May (no pressing needed). I'm thinking, at this point, that my submissions in late July will be back before the ones sent for pressing. 

Well that's disappointing. I have five books with them from 6/24 that are still marked as "Received." I also have a modern submitted through Desert Winds to CCS under Fast Track Press in May that I don't have back. 

Edited by SBRobin

CCS delays are really becoming a problem.

I have 2 lots of books still sitting at Received on 7/8/19 via Modern Fast Track for both CCS and CGC.

Rang few weeks ago and was told that CCS has massive delays and backlog affected TATs.

As of today, the books have been 44 days at CCS. The stated TAT is 37 days.

What rankles is that the TATs are rarely updated, so you can't manage expectation.

Additionally, the times I use the service, I've at times had to query with CGC team on the quality of pressing, so I am finding myself questioning whether I use the service given both this and the ridiculous delays.

Don't get me started on Magazine pressing, that is like waiting for Haley's Comet to come around (no Fast attack option folks).

1 minute ago, Wipple said:

5/8/19 received
22 books
$4,000 value
VALUE submission

Scheduled for Grading

Was 55 days estimate when they received. When they update the turnaround times it should be for books that they receive after the update.

I Agree! Someone did say that their Received May 1st Value Tier went to QC yesterday, so there is hope :) Mine was received May 9th the day after yours, would love to hear of any updates to either one of ours :foryou: 

38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I Agree! Someone did say that their Received May 1st Value Tier went to QC yesterday, so there is hope :) Mine was received May 9th the day after yours, would love to hear of any updates to either one of ours :foryou: 

Please keep us updated with the status of your submissions. I have a Value submission that was received not too far after yours.

53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ill keep you posted(thumbsu