• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

15 comic submission - Value tier - received by CGC 5/15

Still "Scheduled for Grading." :tonofbricks:

10 book Value tier - received by CGC 5/9 

Still "Scheduled for Grading"....

I called, they said value slow track is currently in 19 weeks, but that mine looks like 18 weeks so far but because of Holidays and such is only been 17 weeks since May 9th

I know that I keep saying this but maybe by the end of next week, I'll have some grades lol 

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

10 book Value tier - received by CGC 5/9 

Still "Scheduled for Grading"....

I called, they said value slow track is currently in 19 weeks, but that mine looks like 18 weeks so far but because of Holidays and such is only been 17 weeks since May 9th

I know that I keep saying this but maybe by the end of next week, I'll have some grades lol 

So it's your comics holding mine up... :taptaptap:

4 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

So it's your comics holding mine up... :taptaptap:

Whipple's boardie went to grading QC last Thurs or Friday lol his were received 5/8

His haven't been marked "shipped" in this thread yet, so they must still be grading his...

He did promise to keep updating, so I'll take the rap if it'll get them to kindly get to some more books lol

1 minute ago, boreds said:

Am I the only one who literally checks every hour? Getting the grades finally posted will be way better than Christmas morning!

I leave the tab open and check as I have time, even when they get to grading QC, it'll still be a couple of days for grades, so I'll wait until they get to qc before it becomes an every hour type situation.... 

10 minutes ago, boreds said:

Am I the only one who literally checks every hour? Getting the grades finally posted will be way better than Christmas morning!

For me getting back graded comics is literally like Christmas morning. I never peek ahead of time - I don't want to know those grades until I am actually unwrapping (aka opening) that CGC box. :cloud9:

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:35 PM, Wipple said:
CGC9190238869

5/8/19

VALUE

Grading / Quality Control
Grading / Quality Control

Fingers crossed.  My value sub got there a day before yours (5/7) and is still scheduled for grading.

I wonder... if CGC have a financial incentive (paid fast tracking) to keep the long turnaround times, do you think turnaround times would be any quicker?

Edited by SOTIcollector

2 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

Fingers crossed.  My value sub got there a day before yours (5/7) and is still scheduled for grading.

I wonder... if CGC have a financial incentive (paid fast tracking) to keep the long turnaround times, do you think turnaround times would be any quicker?

At last! 

Value submission:

"Received" 5/7/2019. 

Grading/quality control 9/11/2019.

11 minutes ago, SOTIcollector said:
2 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

At last! 

Value submission:

"Received" 5/7/2019. 

Grading/quality control 9/11/2019.

:whee: 

My final 2 subs from Fan Expo last May.

Facilitator Submission (1book)

Modern Signature Series with CCS

Given to facilitator at Fan Expo Dallas - 5/4/2019

Received at CCS - 5/15/2019

Finished at CCS / Received at CGC - 9/3/2019

Scheduled for Grading - 9/10/2019

Gradinig/QC - 9/11/2019

Finalized - 9/11/2019

Shipped-  9/12/2019

Estimated Delivery - 9/16/2019 (guestimate)

Booth Submission (5 books)

Modern Signature Series with CCS

Dropped off at Fan Expo Dallas - 5/4/2019

Received at CCS - 5/13/2019

Finished at CCS / Received at CGC - 9/3/2019

Scheduled for Grading - 9/10/2019

Gradinig/QC - 9/11/2019

Finalized - 9/11/2019

Shipped-  9/12/2019

Estimated Delivery - 9/16/2019 (guestimate)

Summary

So when they went to received at CCS I had an estimated completion dates of 10/5/2019 and 10/2/2019 (100 business days).  TAT dates fluctuate, but each of my submissions have absolutely CRUSHED the initial expected TATs.

I will update when they actually ship (most likely tomorrow) and when I receive them (my guess would be early next week).

Edited by Crops068

9 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

Mine shipped today. Surprises good and bad. I agree the value tier is the red headed stepchild. No respect. Everything else goes before. The turnaround times fluctuate but I agree they want the fast track and modern money the most. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, Black_Adam said:

For me getting back graded comics is literally like Christmas morning. I never peek ahead of time - I don't want to know those grades until I am actually unwrapping (aka opening) that CGC box. :cloud9:

That's me.  And even then, I will drag out the reveal for days and days.....just a couple at a time.