• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, robertdenby said:

I hope yours is faster than mine, mine went to Grading/QC Sept 4th, Still at Grading/QC a week later.

well that's upsetting....

i've seen others take 3-4 days at most but i think they were moderns.... idk if that matters, but :wishluck: 

On 9/6/2019 at 3:53 AM, Every Day A Story said:

CCS delays are really becoming a problem.

I have 2 lots of books still sitting at Received on 7/8/19 via Modern Fast Track for both CCS and CGC.

Rang few weeks ago and was told that CCS has massive delays and backlog affected TATs.

As of today, the books have been 44 days at CCS. The stated TAT is 37 days.

What rankles is that the TATs are rarely updated, so you can't manage expectation.

Additionally, the times I use the service, I've at times had to query with CGC team on the quality of pressing, so I am finding myself questioning whether I use the service given both this and the ridiculous delays.

Don't get me started on Magazine pressing, that is like waiting for Haley's Comet to come around (no Fast attack option folks).

One week (5 days) later and despite being assured by customer service that these were completed at CCS and moving to CGC for grading, no movement. 

49 days for Fast Track moderns at CCS right now, compared to stated TAT of 37 days.

What are we actually paying for here? A new "Not So Fast Track" tier charged at same price?

Edited by Every Day A Story

I submitted 5 comics for FAST TRACK MODERN grading, CGC marked them as "Received" on 7/25/19 and it's still marked as "Received" today 9/13/19. (CGC Submission # 2057468)

Normally I would just wait and not say anything because I know the grading process takes some time, but I had just sent in 7 comics for FAST TRACK MODERN grading and they were "Received" on 6/11/19 and were graded and shipped back to me on 6/20/19.

Why did my submission from June take only 9 days total for 7 FAST TRACK MODERN comics, but my submission in July for 5 FAST TRACK MODERN comics has taken almost 2 months now? I honestly feel I should be reimbursed the extra $50 I spent for FAST TRACK. I would appreciate it if someone who works for CGC can get back to me about this.

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, Brione said:

I submitted 5 comics for FAST TRACK MODERN grading, CGC marked them as "Received" on 7/25/19 and it's still marked as "Received" today 9/13/19. (CGC Submission # 2057468)

Normally I would just wait and not say anything because I know the grading process takes some time, but I had just sent in 7 comics for FAST TRACK MODERN grading and they were "Received" on 6/11/19 and were graded and shipped back to me on 6/20/19.

Why did my submission from June take only 9 days total for 7 FAST TRACK MODERN comics, but my submission in July for 5 FAST TRACK MODERN comics has taken almost 2 months now? I honestly feel I should be reimbursed the extra $50 I spent for FAST TRACK. I would appreciate it if someone who works for CGC can get back to me about this.

Thanks 

would be better to call, I've had modern slow track from around that time already get back to me....

Is it possible these were pressed?

On 9/10/2019 at 12:37 PM, celluloidbuff said:

6x Signature Series Moderns (with pressing)

Received: 08/14/2019

Scheduled for Grading: 09/10/2019

Grading/Quality Control: 09/13/2019

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 09/13/2019 (no posted grades yet, though - still sitting at zeros) - this was only about an hour between Grading/QC and Finalized, so I hope that bodes well

Edited by celluloidbuff
update

3 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

Grading/Quality Control: 09/13/2019

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 09/13/2019 (no posted grades yet, though - still sitting at zeros) - this was only about an hour between Grading/QC and Finalized, so I hope that bodes well

These had to have been fast tracked?

My SS Moderns went from Grading/QC to Finalized in the same day.  Until the label is created I couldn't see the actual grades though.

I was quite happy with the grades I got.  Hope you fared as well!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

would be better to call, I've had modern slow track from around that time already get back to me....

Is it possible these were pressed?

I did have them pressed, but I had the other 7 pressed and they had a 9 day turn around after being "Received". Hopefully they're graded next week. I'll give them a call next week if the status doesn't change.

9 minutes ago, Adam Lucas said:

I have 5 comics getting graded for value and it’s been scheduled for grading since 7/11/19. Judging by everyone’s comments I may get lucky and get these back by Christmas but I may not either.

ya I'd look to Mid-December.... provided it was value non-fast-track and no pressing :) I keep thinking that with con season some what dying down that it'll shorten TAT, but if not Mid-December at the latest, hopefully sooner :wishluck: 

Mine are still at QC, I was hoping for grades before this weekend, but no such luck....

I called, they said they're "being sealed" and probably Mon or Tues it'll be marked shipped :wishluck: At least I'll have the grades before the grading contest starts next Friday.....

Anyway, I will update when they're finalized :shy: