• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

My Hulk #180 was send in back in May through the cheapest tier. Still awaiting grading...

If you mean the Value tier, it's the cheapest I believe, my value sub received May 9th went to grading qc last Thursday :) so shouldn't be too much longer before you see movement :wishluck: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you mean the Value tier, it's the cheapest I believe, my value sub received May 9th went to grading qc last Thursday :) so shouldn't be too much longer before you see movement :wishluck: 

Yes thanks haha. It is my first ever submission and was sent through a friend who pressed it and subbed for me. 

8 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Same here. It happens. Don't stress over it, it'll come back.

I appreciate it, now that you mentioned it, it happened last Time that i had a sub in grading/QC on a Monday and I was able to use it as an "excuse" to call cgc and they gave me grades. I just didn't know that it would also happen on a weekend... I guess cgc still has a skeleton crew there on weekends...

Yeah I always wondered if Saturday counts as a business day, I doubt it; but I see status updates on submissions on weekends (at least books marked as "received"). I'll still keep using value. I don't know about everyone, but when you submit in larger orders it's too just much to use any other tier. I'm surprised so many people use fast track unless the purpose is for resale (even if 95 working days feels like an eternity). 

Edited by boreds

49 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Likewise for me, and it's just about when I should be getting the slabs back, so it may be a good sign for us !

its been down for quite a while, i'll :wishluck: with you that our books wrap up soon! :headbang: 

Modern (50 Books)
Sent 08/09/19
Delivered to CGC 08/12/19
Scheduled for Grading 08/19/19
Graded (Never saw a date as the site was down)
Shipped 09/13/19

Sadly, all of the books are showing a grade of .0

Hope they get the site fixed soon :foryou:

Edited by lonetree

Books have been graded and now doing through Grading/Quality Control. Categories have already been finalized. Now to play the waiting game and try and keep the grades a surprise...

These were all received back on 5/11 at the Dallas Expo drop-off. 

Edited by boreds

19 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

You guys still have like another month. 

mine's been at grading qc since last thursday, i called and cgc said it should be shipped tomorrow or the day after :wishluck: 

anyway, you probably weren't referring to me lol :sorry: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

14 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Sent in 8 books but the grading tier got me, had 3 of the 8 books get the new venom/spiderman marvel label so I'm paying for two lots of shipping 

I know not to do that again

Shipping to Australia can't be cheap...

:sorry: that happened, I wish that I could have warned you...

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

mine's been at grading qc since last thursday, i called and cgc said it should be shipped tomorrow or the day after :wishluck: 

anyway, you probably weren't referring to me lol :sorry: 

As long as you get them in one piece and are happy with the grades, that's the main thing but yes the waiting game sucks haha

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I’ve heard you can request books to be held and shipped together but never done it because of the hassle, but I VERY much wish there was a systematic way to request that... The way they chop up shipments is brutal...and to be frank, it irritates me.

I emailed them and they told me they don't do it anymore, so I don't know what the hell is going on haha 

Your 100% right though, it's very irritating