• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, robertdenby said:

Finally

1 Value.

Received - 5-1-19

Grading/QC - 9-4-19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped  - 9-19-19

Four months for one issue of Batman that'll probably be a 2.5 or a 3. (don't know if grades are listed, like to find out when I open the box)

Good luck to all the others waiting on their Value submission

:whee: :whee: :whee: and thank you! It means a lot, as some of my excitement to have it done has diminished lol :foryou: 

I called for my 5/11 books and was told they would likely be shipped 1st or 2nd week of October! Damn i hope it doesn't take them so long. Grading is done and they're at the encapsulation stage. No idea how that can take 3-4 weeks even for so many books. I'm a patient guy, but last year it took just over three months during con season and this year it's reaching five! They need to hire new graders lol. 

Edited by boreds

2 minutes ago, boreds said:

I called for my 5/11 books and was told they would likely be shipped 1st or 2nd week of October! Damn i hope it doesn't take them so long. Grading is done and they're at the encapsulation stage. No idea how that can take 3-4 weeks even for so many books. I'm a patient guy, but last year it took just over three months during con season and this year it's reaching five! They need to hire new graders lol. 

ya I was told early next week, but like yours mine are in the encapsulation room too...... odd that yours would ship so far after mine, which haven't shipped yet (thumbsu 

If the 9/4 QC ... Shipped 9/19 posted above is any indicator, mine won't ship until a week from Friday (tomorrow) :( 

c'mon, you can't spare a second from slabbing moderns to get to some value books lol it is what it is :eek: 

I sent an email asking for clarification on the timing when they'll go out, all they replied was sometime in the next month... so I'll wait until yours go out Adamantium and assume I'm a few days behind yours. Best to not continue to pester them otherwise it'll only get further delayed lol.

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
9 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

@ADAMANTIUM

My books finally shipped today. 

Hallelujah! :whee:

Oh and thank you for telling me ;)

Hope you get the grades you wanted too :headbang:

6 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Was wondering do people look for the grades straight away or like being surprised when unboxing them?

I usually look for the grades ASAP but thinking this time I might wait

Depends. When I subbed through the LCS, I would wait as to not bother the owner. Since I've Done it myself, I've peeked. Lol this is only my second go 'round doing it myself ... 

Im not sure which I like better, I like subbing myself for the grades I've received, LCS would always call when ready so it was more out of sight out of mind... which I liked ...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Depends. When I subbed through the LCS, I would wait as to not bother the owner. Since I've Done it myself, I've peeked. Lol this is only my second go 'round doing it myself ... 

Im not sure which I like better, I like subbing myself for the grades I've received, LCS would always call when ready so it was more out of sight out of mind... which I liked ...

I think it's more fun when you submit, yes the LCS does all the work and you just wait, but when you do all of the forms, packing shipping etc, I find it more fun until you get grades that you don't like haha

34 minutes ago, boreds said:

Well my 5/11 comics started shipping today... even though I was told a month yesterday. I won't complain over good fortune, just a tad strange. Not everything has shipped, just my five crossover books thus far. 

what tier was the 5/11? edit or what of any value tier?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, boreds said:
27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

what tier was the 5/11? edit or what of any value tier?

Yes value tier crossover grading, possibly so they could charge me for the books. 

Then how are my 5/09 books not shipped? lol it's unfair ha, but congrats on yours! :) 

edit: it's just that I thought CGC was "first in/ first out" kind of deal :( 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

edit: it's just that I thought CGC was "first in/ first out" kind of deal :( 

lol so I called, but they doubt mine will happen today, I don't know what gives (shrug) but I was generally curious, anyway :sorry: