• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2019 at 12:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

would be better to call, I've had modern slow track from around that time already get back to me....

Is it possible these were pressed?

I called yesterday and the guy I spoke to, who was honestly a little rude, told me that my comics are "right on schedule" and told me that I "need to be patient." I told him that I have no problem being patient, but I paid an extra $50 for FAST TRACK and my comics aren't being fast tracked, it's been 2 months. He told me that my comics are in FAST TRACK and that this is how long it's "supposed to take." When I asked why my submission from just 1 month prior took half the time, he told me that "CGC is currently in comic-con season and that slows down the submission process." I told him that I should be refunded the $50 I paid for FAST TRACK, and he told me that was "not possible." So I'm still waiting...

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

edit: it's just that I thought CGC was "first in/ first out" kind of deal :( 

lol so I called, but they doubt mine will happen today, I don't know what gives (shrug) but I was generally curious, anyway :sorry: 

Curious, how many Value books are you waiting on?

I only had one Value that was originally one of four with three Moderns. Got the Moderns back a long time ago

Mine updated today with tracking info, arriving Monday!

Only going to Orlando, so its a short trip.

3 minutes ago, robertdenby said:

Curious, how many Value books are you waiting on?

I only had one Value that was originally one of four with three Moderns. Got the Moderns back a long time ago

Mine updated today with tracking info, arriving Monday!

Only going to Orlando, so its a short trip.

Only 10, but man, I don't know why TAT has bothered me so much this time of all the times..... lol just has :sorry: TAT was 55 days in May at the con, I figured 3-4 months, next Thursday will be 5 months that I've been waiting though....Current TAT is 102 business days, which is 5 months now so :wishluck: 

On 9/19/2019 at 8:30 AM, Point Five said:

Wow, that's great. Did you note on the box that it was an Express order or something?

My box was signed for on September 9th and it's still not in the system 10 days later. :( That's the longest I can remember waiting before.

Maybe I should start a separate thread for "Current opening boxes rate at CGC"?  (shrug)

I didn't put notes on the box, it was shipped Priority Mail with certified mail.  Maybe certified shipment and Priority got moved ahead of the packages.  I was totally shocked when I saw my order was logged so fast.

22 hours ago, bloodwings19 said:

I didn't put notes on the box, it was shipped Priority Mail with certified mail.  Maybe certified shipment and Priority got moved ahead of the packages.  I was totally shocked when I saw my order was logged so fast.

My package was sent Priority Mail as well. Signed for September 9th, then went dark.  :eek:

I've got an email in to them now. Hoping to have it confirmed that they do indeed have it and it's just sitting in a pile of boxes (not exactly "fast track", but oh well).

On 9/21/2019 at 10:28 PM, Point Five said:

My package was sent Priority Mail as well. Signed for September 9th, then went dark.  :eek:

I've got an email in to them now. Hoping to have it confirmed that they do indeed have it and it's just sitting in a pile of boxes (not exactly "fast track", but oh well).

FYI y'all, an update: I spoke to customer service and was told that they are now just starting to open packages received the week of September 9th. 

Guess I'll give an update too, I called CGC to explain that it's been at least 95 days and Value Estimation is at 102 days.

They finalized it today, but it hasn't hit the online as "finalized/shipped" yet :) 

But I do have the grades, so I've got a little piece of the pie lol 

just waiting for it to hit finalized online to "officially" update ;) 

On 9/21/2019 at 10:28 PM, Point Five said:

You’re not alone. 

Looks like I jumped the queue a little.

I have four orders value from 5/11, the crossover books were shipped on Friday (with some modern and reholder books I had them hold), two orders are marked as finalized/shipped (just haven't gone out yet), and the last is still in grading/quality control and should be done by tomorrow.

I also have a modern order that was received on 8/28, and also went to grading/quality control today. Probably will get them all this week, at least hoping so since Fed Ex is on the other side of the city. Just dunno where I'm going to fit 125 slabs, but not complaining!

Got them to send my grades. My All-Select 1 I thought would be a 1.0/1,.5 came back 2.5 and X-Men 1 was a 4.0 I was told would be 2.5/3.0. So pretty happy so far, a couple more restored books than I would have liked, but a couple home runs at least. 

Submitted through royal collectibles (great store in queens ny) back in April. Still have not gotten my asm 50 back. 5 months for a ccs press and a grade? Is this normal? No fast track. Too expensive to begin with (88 dollars? Lol)

Edited by jason4

3 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Submitted through royal collectibles (great store in queens ny) back in April. Still have not gotten my asm 50 back. 5 months for a ccs press and a grade? Is this normal? No fast track. Too expensive to gain with (88 dollars? Lol)

yes my value tier took at least 5 months, add pressing onto that and :o and I didn't do pressing, so other tiers I'm sure are long with pressing, I just don't know by how much...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes my value tier took at least 5 months, add pressing onto that and :o and I didn't do pressing, so other tiers I'm sure are long with pressing, I just don't know by how much...

Thanks for the info. Wow I'm sorry I love cgc and will not submit anywhere else ever...but this is so long and expensive that this will be my last slabbed book. I have 20 slabs now but just cant stand the waiting and for the price to slab that's it.  I'll keep the rest of my books raw and enjoy the 20 slabs I have. 

8 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Thanks for the info. Wow I'm sorry I love cgc and will not submit anywhere else ever...but this is so long and expensive that this will be my last slabbed book. I have 20 slabs now but just cant stand the waiting and for the price to slab that's it.  I'll keep the rest of my books raw and enjoy the 20 slabs I have. 

i understand. although it depends on what your subbing though and the money upfront. your xmen 120's and other moderns they've kept down to one month non fast track....

another thing of what you could do is, pay the $150 for a premium account, that will give you a $150 credit, and the wait within a year until you have some more $$ to send in books.... say another $100 then when you send them in you'll have at least $250 to spend on books.. to grade....

also with a premium account you'll enjoy a discount on grading costs, i think it is 10%....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/12/2019 at 11:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

10 book Value Tier Non-Fast-Track

Received 5/09

"SFG" 5/09

Grading/QC 9/12

Finalized/Shipped ??

@Shockmaster you asked me to keep you updated :banana: 

I found this old relic of a quote back on page 571 :foryou: 

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped! 9/24/19 @boreds @etanick anyone else I forget to tag I'm sorry, but these 3 I think had a value tier slow-track in received in May lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM