• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,946 posts in this topic

I sent 4 books in 3 modern 1 standard.  They arrived on 9-16-19.  The standard shows graded and shipped, tracking number included.  The moderns were scheduled for grading but now back to received.  Can anybody advise?

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, UncleBEN said:

Have an Express submission sitting at received 8-28 

This is ridiculous

What book?

I sent a book to CGC/CCS, received on the 19th.  The book was pressed at CCS and CGC received the book on the 30th.  Today (or yesterday) the CGC status changed from received to SFG, so it looks like the time it took to be graded express will be (or a little more) the 5 days listed on the site....i'll keep you posted.

Edited by spreads

30 minutes ago, spreads said:

If there's one takeaway from this thread.....avoid the value service whenever possible!  lol

2 book Value submission:

Received - 6/5/19

4 book Value submission:

Received - 8/29/19

10 book Value submission:

Received - 9/26/19

I like to watch my grass grow while I wait.

7 minutes ago, Gaard said:

2 book Value submission:

Received - 6/5/19

4 book Value submission:

Received - 8/29/19

10 book Value submission:

Received - 9/26/19

I like to watch my grass grow while I wait.

Fair enough.

I'm curious why you don't just send them in one batch together?  Shipping from Canada to and especially from CGC is atrocious (costly), so I pile them all in one shipment together....

3 hours ago, spreads said:

What book?

I sent a book to CGC/CCS, received on the 19th.  The book was pressed at CCS and CGC received the book on the 30th.  Today (or yesterday) the CGC status changed from received to SFG, so it looks like the time it took to be graded express will be (or a little more) the 5 days listed on the site....i'll keep you posted.

A very nice early ASM , CCS received 8-16-19, to CGC 8-28-19 , STILL sitting received as of today. NO communication or movement for an EXPRESS submission.

I will be using another service moving forward I am pretty well done with this company.

9 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

A very nice early ASM , CCS received 8-16-19, to CGC 8-28-19 , STILL sitting received as of today. NO communication or movement for an EXPRESS submission.

I will be using another service moving forward I am pretty well done with this company.

Yeah cause that "Other company" has much better turnaround times I guess :facepalm:

18 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

Have you tried calling them?

I wouldn't be using any other company to grade than CGC, it's pretty clear that the market has determined what graded books are worth more.  Everyone says, well I have no intention to sell - but the truth is everyone (or their beneficiaries) will have to sell at some point.  

21 hours ago, spreads said:

What book?

:news:

My book has been graded and I'll receive it by Tuesday!  Very happy with the grade too, bammo!  :D

14 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Yeah cause that "Other company" has much better turnaround times I guess :facepalm:

Well presently its a 10 day turn for grading, no newton rings , or SCS issues with their inner well and free grading notes. Also they respond to my emails, so seems like a feasible alternative