• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, Droid81 said:

Update: The 18 books, received 6/20, are now Scheduled For Grading.

The box showed up Saturday.  18 modern pressing, modern grading, non fast track books from 6/20 are now back home.

*Edit* Also... I have 1 Signature Series Modern pressing, modern grading, received 7/2/19...  still in Received status.

Edited by Droid81
Update on other shipments

7 hours ago, Droid81 said:

The box showed up Saturday.  18 modern pressing, modern grading, non fast track books from 6/20 are now back home.

*Edit* Also... I have 1 Signature Series Modern pressing, modern grading, received 7/2/19...  still in Received status.

Wait, seriously, your books were an exact same submission as mine (non-fast track Moderns pressing & grading), but yours were received by CGC a couple weeks after mine? My books were received on 6/8 and are still just showing as 'Received' status (though CCS charged me a month ago for them). Wtf. Guess I'll need to call them tomorrow.

15 hours ago, netherxvoid said:

A Standard submission received on 9/18 is still SFG as of today 10/8 day 15. I called and was told probably by the end of next week :(

Yesterday wasn't even 15 business days, it was the 14th business day.....I think we all need to learn to be a bit more patient and not take the posted guidelines as gospel.

I have a 15 comic "Value" submission that was received on 6/24.

It's still only has a "received" designation.  

I think when I subbed them the TAT said 78 days.  Now the TAT says 98 days.  That's a looooooong time.

Fast track TAT is 25 days on "value".  That's 1/4 of the time. hm I'm gonna have start considering it.

Edited by gadzukes

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I think when I subbed them the TAT said 78 days.  Now the TAT says 98 days.  That's a looooooong time.

Fast track TAT is 25 days on "value".  That's 1/4 of the time. hm I'm gonna have start considering it.

Walk-thru sent on 10/4. Still in QC. 

5 hours ago, wombat said:

If everyone does fast track it will just lengthen the TAT for them. 

Image result for mind blown

Perhaps, or they will hire more graders.  In a way, having very long TATs for the value tier discourages people from sending those books in.  There's a lot of not valuable bronze/silver age stuff that probably shouldn't be getting graded in the first place....

I wrote to CGC last week asking about some value tier books received 6/5/19 - I had noticed that my status had changed from "Scheduled for Grading" back to "Received."  I received an response from CGC saying that the "Received" status was showing due to a "glitch" in their system and the value tier books, based on when I submitted, have a turnaround of 19-20 weeks from when they were received.  That's 133-140 days (95-100 business days) for those interested in such petty details.  An earlier poster said that value TAT currently is estimated at 98 days, so that does fit with the 19-20 weeks I was told.

Edited by Boswell

On 9/27/2019 at 6:01 PM, Brione said:

I just checked and the "Received" date on my 5 FAST TRACK MODERN comics has changed from 7/25 to today's date 9/27. I guess that means that they'll be graded soon?

The comics were graded and shipped today. So, 5 FAST TRACK MODERN with fast track pressing took from 7/25 until 10/9.

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Perhaps, or they will hire more graders.  In a way, having very long TATs for the value tier discourages people from sending those books in.  There's a lot of not valuable bronze/silver age stuff that probably shouldn't be getting graded in the first place....

I don't know why that would make them hire more graders if they aren't doing it now. 

12 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I sent a 5 book value submission that was received on 6/21 thinking I would get them back in October. I guess I can forget about that and hope they will be back before Christmas.

10 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

I sent a 5 book value submission that was received on 6/21 thinking I would get them back in October. I guess I can forget about that and hope they will be back before Christmas.

If 98 days is the new TAT then you and I should get them in mid Nov.  :wishluck:

I submitted 2 Fasttrack Values for pressing and grading. They arrived on 7/31. I was charged by CCS about 3 weeks ago. They “arrived” at CGC this past Monday (10/7) which I though was way too long for transferring from CCS to CGC but this is my first time getting a press and grading. I hope to have them by Thanksgiving... Think that will be the case?

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I submitted 2 Fasttrack Values for pressing and grading. They arrived on 7/31. I was charged by CCS about 3 weeks ago. They “arrived” at CGC this past Monday (10/7) which I though was way too long for transferring from CCS to CGC but this is my first time getting a press and grading. I hope to have them by Thanksgiving... Think that will be the case?

I think it will be 19-20 weeks from 10/7, unless the TAT dips a little :eek: :foryou: