• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, spreads said:

My reholders received on the 20th were shipped on the 8th.  I guess not many people are reholdering books, even with all that person_without_enough_empathying about the newton rings! lol

Sent in a book for reholder (it had a crack) mid August and received an email stating the books condition does not match CGC grading standards for its given grade (9.6). So I was told it had to be regraded or returned as is. The book is also a pedigree so I wanted the new pedigree designation label. I had to submit under the value tier so instead of waiting 2-3 weeks I’m waiting 5-6 months. Don’t know what could’ve happened to the book to make the grade drop but whatever. 

Submitted a book via Modern which was received on 9/19.

Still in received status as of 10/10.

I wish I could help them with the grading process. I am really interested as to what makes it go from 30 days to 90+ ... I think they probably do enough business to hire more people?

Looking to submit more books but this Modern is my first so I will wait patiently.

Mike

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Sent in a book for reholder (it had a crack) mid August and received an email stating the books condition does not match CGC grading standards for its given grade (9.6). So I was told it had to be regraded or returned as is. The book is also a pedigree so I wanted the new pedigree designation label. I had to submit under the value tier so instead of waiting 2-3 weeks I’m waiting 5-6 months. Don’t know what could’ve happened to the book to make the grade drop but whatever. 

Oh man, what a nightmare....fingers crossed the grade doesn't drop....

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

That would be 95-100 business days though! Last I saw it was 37 business days for fast track...

lol I didn't realize it was fast track... not too long a wait then, at what 25 days? you done good if you did F-T!!

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I know it's a long shot, but IF it comes back with the same grade it seems like a refund should come your way.

35 minutes ago, spreads said:

Oh man, what a nightmare....fingers crossed the grade doesn't drop....

:wishluck:...I have this bad feeling it’s gonna show up as 9.0 or worse. I hate to think it but what if it was damaged when they removed it from its original case and now I’m getting the big screw. 

20 hours ago, spreads said:

Perhaps, or they will hire more graders.  In a way, having very long TATs for the value tier discourages people from sending those books in.  There's a lot of not valuable bronze/silver age stuff that probably shouldn't be getting graded in the first place....

They should try to hire some of the dealers who do live auctions on Facebook Live. They always act like they know how to grade.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, Droid81 said:

The box showed up Saturday.  18 modern pressing, modern grading, non fast track books from 6/20 are now back home.

*Edit* Also... I have 1 Signature Series Modern pressing, modern grading, received 7/2/19...  still in Received status.

The signature series from 7/2 made it through CCS (modern, non-fast track) and is now received at CGC 10/15/19 for modern, non-fast track grading.

Modern Prescreen from 9/16 shipped today. About 1 month ... not bad. Did better this time. The first 9.8 prescreen I did had only 7 comics pass. The 2nd sub didn't do much better, only 11 passed. You know what they say though - "3rd time's the charm". This time 21 comics passed. Funny thing though, I had a book rejected from the first sub. Included it with the 2nd sub and it was rejected again. Included it in the 3rd sub (no pressing or anything beforehand) and it passed (shrug).

I dropped off books at NYCC a few weeks ago. Most were CGC SS books, and two were for the normal grading blue label. They're still NOT in the computer system. Any idea of when I can expect them to show up? And in what step of the process do I get charged? Thanks for the help all, this is my first time

9 minutes ago, Zec Cepeida-Conner said:

I dropped off books at NYCC a few weeks ago. Most were CGC SS books, and two were for the normal grading blue label. They're still NOT in the computer system. Any idea of when I can expect them to show up? And in what step of the process do I get charged? Thanks for the help all, this is my first time

I had some books that were mailed in last week. Tracking showed it arrived Monday. CGC rec'd it on the computer Wednesday. My card was charged that Friday. Being that your books were with the NYCC batch usually things take a few days longer then normal after a big show.

6 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I had some books that were mailed in last week. Tracking showed it arrived Monday. CGC rec'd it on the computer Wednesday. My card was charged that Friday. Being that your books were with the NYCC batch usually things take a few days longer then normal after a big show.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yea it was a little over a week, and just was curious. Any ballpark numbers when I should be seeing them as received like 2-3 weeks or could it be longer?

7 minutes ago, Zec Cepeida-Conner said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Yea it was a little over a week, and just was curious. Any ballpark numbers when I should be seeing them as received like 2-3 weeks or could it be longer?

I think you're probably looking at getting them rec'd by the end of this week or early next week.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I sent Hulk 180 back in May through the slowest option. Still scheduled for grading. Was told should have it first week of October and well nothing yet.

That is really sad. A 5 month TAT shouldn't happen ever! I guess my books subbed in July will be next year. :(

21 hours ago, Zec Cepeida-Conner said:

In the same boat.  I did fast track at NYCC.  Not sure when I'll receive the books though.  I think they said less than a month or so .... first time submitting to CGC.