• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

I submitted two books (both mid-grade Batman #251s) in value tier that were received on 6/5 and shipped on 10/23.  Exactly 20 weeks.

Also submitted 14 books in the modern tier + quick press that still show received on 9/6/19.  I imagine that I won't see those until January.

20 hours ago, SBRobin said:

5 books submitted at Heroes Con for Grading Modern + Pressing Modern on 6/24/19. Marked Received by CGC on 10/11/19 and shipped to me on 10/23/19. My subscription renewal ran out before the books were received so I ended up having to pay full price. I think if you submit the books while a member you should be invoiced for the member discount based on date of submission. 

Agree you should get the discount... that's pretty messed up when you consider the total turnaround time right now for value tier press + grade is 177 days, plus add in few weeks for shipping each way and them to officially get around to "receive" your submission and you're talking 10 months easily. How are you going to sell 1 year subscription with discounted rates that you actually can only get if you ship in the first 2 months of getting the subscription?

5 minutes ago, Boswell said:

I submitted two books (both mid-grade Batman #251s) in value tier that were received on 6/5 and shipped on 10/23.  Exactly 20 weeks.

Also submitted 14 books in the modern tier + quick press that still show received on 9/6/19.  I imagine that I won't see those until January.

I've got a 25 book modern tier quick press + grade received 7/19... still in received. 

7 hours ago, spreads said:

I have 13 modern books marked received by CGC on the 19th of September, I'm thinking CCS will still have them for a couple more months...for your pressing did you use modern pressing (with or without pressing) or quickpress? 

Yes, just regular modern pressing.

2 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Agree you should get the discount... that's pretty messed up when you consider the total turnaround time right now for value tier press + grade is 177 days, plus add in few weeks for shipping each way and them to officially get around to "receive" your submission and you're talking 10 months easily. How are you going to sell 1 year subscription with discounted rates that you actually can only get if you ship in the first 2 months of getting the subscription?

Yeah, and the thing is you can't do it the other way around - sign up for membership when you see the books marked received and then get the discount when invoiced. You have to be a member on the day you submit and the day you invoice. If you have a membership now that you solely use for grading, it doesn't make any sense to renew until right before you plan to submit books. As I said I was going to do in another thread six months back, I let my premium membership expire until they fix the newton rings issue. 

I sent a box with 25 Modern 9.8 pre-screens, plus 2 Marvel special-label moderns. No fast track on any of it.

The box was received on 9/24/19.

I got the grade on the 2 specials today, as well as the tracking number.

The 25 other books are still sitting in received. 

hm

Edited by adampasz

12 hours ago, Boswell said:

I wish someone could tell us exactly how the process of selecting books to grade works. We've all heard dozens of "This must be how it works..." or "I think it works like this...", but, as far as I know, we've never received word from someone who has actually seen the process. I'm wondering this because Boswell's 6/5 Value sub has already been sent out while my 6/5 Value sub still sits at SFG.

Edited by Gaard

9 hours ago, adampasz said:

I sent a box with 25 Modern 9.8 pre-screens, plus 2 Marvel special-label moderns. No fast track on any of it.

The box was received on 9/24/19.

I got the grade on the 2 specials today, as well as the tracking number.

The 25 other books are still sitting in received. 

hm

I have a Modern Prescreen received 3 days after yours. So please keep us up to date with your process, thanks!

On 10/25/2019 at 6:15 PM, Boswell said:

I'm surprised CGC didn't bump you out of value for Bats 251.  For people that submitted using Value, have you been bumped up to a higher tier?

On 10/26/2019 at 6:27 AM, Gaard said:

I wish someone could tell us exactly how the process of selecting books to grade works. We've all heard dozens of "This must be how it works..." or "I think it works like this...", but, as far as I know, we've never received word from someone who has actually seen the process. I'm wondering this because Boswell's 6/5 Value sub has already been sent out while my 6/5 Value sub still sits at SFG.

Have you called them? My 6/21 Value sub went into SFG on Friday so your 6/5 should've been done by now.

52 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Have you called them? My 6/21 Value sub went into SFG on Friday so your 6/5 should've been done by now.

4 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for this... My 6/11 value sub is still at SFG, hopefully movement next week! Is tracking down again for everyone? (shrug)