• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2019 at 7:07 PM, spreads said:

I'm surprised CGC didn't bump you out of value for Bats 251.  For people that submitted using Value, have you been bumped up to a higher tier?

Here is the catch to that, which I have learned through direct experience. The value that you set your book to is how much they "insure" it for. So if they destroy your book, that number is what they have to pay you, not the actual value. Now, in my case they made it right, and paid the actual value and were very fair, but I was told that this is all they were obligated to pay. 

I always just used the "raw" value but now I always do the value of the highest possible grade I think it could get.

14 minutes ago, csaag said:

Batch of moderns made it to CGC on 10/26 early morning according to USPS Tracking.

Marked as received today - 5 working days

when was your credit card charged, I want to send a mediocre modern sub in, but I don't want to be charged until the 7th this Thursday or later.....

I sent mine through my LCS.

They sent the batch on 16 September and they received them back on October 28th. This is being shipped from South Africa and includes our 1 week minimum customs delay, so the turn around time was pretty amazing, thought there must be some trickery at play.