• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

Just now, csaag said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

when was your credit card charged, I want to send a mediocre modern sub in, but I don't want to be charged until the 7th this Thursday or later.....

I'll check when I get home since I can never remember the password.  

Ah, no worries, I guess they can't really charge you until it is marked "received" lol to be sure that I don't get charged until the 7th this Thursday, I'll just wait until tomorrow to send it, it should take at least 2 days to get there from Dallas :foryou: 

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah, no worries, I guess they can't really charge you until it is marked "received" lol to be sure that I don't get charged until the 7th this Thursday, I'll just wait until tomorrow to send it, it should take at least 2 days to get there from Dallas :foryou: 

Long day at work - just checked & I do not see it on any of my credit card accounts yet

18 hours ago, King Steven said:

18 book Value submission

Received at CGC June 17th 2019

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped November 4th 2019

I'm new to CGC. How exactly do they determine when they grade books? Yours were received after me but done first. Frustrating. Though I'm sure you guys have all experienced this many times.

7 minutes ago, the_drummer said:
18 hours ago, King Steven said:

18 book Value submission

Received at CGC June 17th 2019

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped November 4th 2019

I'm new to CGC. How exactly do they determine when they grade books? Yours were received after me but done first. Frustrating. Though I'm sure you guys have all experienced this many times.

CGC operates on first in first out basis, but being marked "received" is the thing. If yours was also a value non fast track and the "received date" is earlier than his, I would call CGC and tell, ask, or inquire... :foryou:

6 minutes ago, the_drummer said:

It depends on what tier you use.  I just sent in a book that will be graded the same day it's received.  

22 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Value (5 Books no fast track)

Arrived at CGC: 6/3

Received: 6/24 (Yes, 3 weeks from when FedEx said it arrived until it showed up as received)

SFG: 10/28

Grading/QC: 11/4

Shipped: 11/5

Total Turnaround Time (Excluding Shipping Times): 108 Business Days, 155 Calendar Days

Finally.

I guess I better call. My Value received on 6/21 is still sitting in SFG.

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Yikes, TAT’s have doubled very quickly...

lol you had me going, some have, but I have a 10 book modern no-ft that is to arrive Friday, I was hoping to have it back before Christmas. 25 estimated TAT so :wishluck: it depends how cgc handles the Thanksgiving week :eek: 

I've got 2 magazines, 3 reholders, 4 Value (Fast Track) and 25 modern prescreen going in today so I should be able to report how turn around is going for 4 different types of grading.  It would be nice if i got all of them back before Christmas.

1 minute ago, csaag said:
On 11/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

when was your credit card charged, I want to send a mediocre modern sub in, but I don't want to be charged until the 7th this Thursday or later.....

got an email last night from CGC saying the card was being charged (rcvd at CGC 11/4)

Cool! I sent mine in yesterday, estimated delivery this Friday the 8th, so I'll be charged by my CC after the 7th, no worries :) 

I was pretty sure that CGC charges peoples CC fairly quickly upon arrival, I was originally told that it depends or can happen later, probably only for "prescreens." 

Anyway thanks for the update :) I should be good :foryou: 

Sent four comics in to be pre-screened for Restoration Removal - 7/16

Three did not get past pre-screen, fourth moved on to Fast Track Economy Resto Removal (25 days)

Notified yesterday that it had finally been forwarded from CCS to CGC for re-grading - 75 days later!

E-mailed customer service and was informed that CCS does not offer Fast Track for restoration removal - it is an error on their website. :tonofbricks:

Now I just need to get the $15 they charged me for Fast Track back...