• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

So here is an interesting update on my most recent submission 

2 books submitted Aug 28th keep in mind these are both Express Submissions both ways (CCS and CGC)

CCS receives 9-16-19

Gets to CGC 10-8-19

Both Prescreened 

One is upgradeable the other is not despite the only primary defect being a back cover wrinkle ( Scans coming if I ever get it back,really thought it would jump at least 2 grades)

Okay I say press the one, other labeled do not encapsulate

CGC imaging sends scans 10-10-19 NO reply to numerous emails and contacts through online contact us form..Case has a huge scuff in the images

Send Donell at imaging a direct email asking why is the case scuffed, no reply

Books sit until 11-4-19??

Received yesterday ONE book out of the TWO

Holder is scratched ,  no HUGE scuff (reholdered?)  , and book has deep color breaking stresses on the spine that were not present prior to submission 

Call CCG today , Chris says dunno where the other book is, our guys will look into it.

Look at my billing statement and it is $195 for one book ($60 for Overnight, so $135 for grading)

Call Accounting, ask why $135? They aren't sure, go through the billing and says that grader notes cost me $30 , huh?? For real?? I can buy them on the site for $15? Aren't notes part of the submission process? This is new he says , not sure of his name, nice guy though

I ask what about the MISSING book? 

Says not sure why we didn't ship that overnight with the other, we will look into it. Should be updated today

11:22 PM now, still shows DO NOT ENCAPSULATE 

No replies to any emails , no response from CGC in regards to the MISSING book

I know this is a lengthy message but if anyone read it all the way through perhaps my fellow forum members can assist me with this?

I am not independently wealthy and giving CGC a 1k+ book and getting another similar book damage in the process really hurts my collection 

Thanks in advance for lending me your ears and any advise is greatly appreciated

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 11.23.40 PM.png

Edited by UncleBEN

6 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

So here is an interesting update on my most recent submission 

2 books submitted Aug 28th keep in mind these are both Express Submissions both ways (CCS and CGC)

CCS receives 9-16-19

Gets to CGC 10-8-19

Both Prescreened 

One is upgradeable the other is not despite the only primary defect being a back cover wrinkle ( Scans coming if I ever get it back,really thought it would jump at least 2 grades)

Okay I say press the one, other labeled do not encapsulate

CGC imaging sends scans 10-10-19 NO reply to numerous emails and contacts through online contact us form..Case has a huge scuff in the images

Send Donell at imaging a direct email asking why is the case scuffed, no reply

Books sit until 11-4-19??

Received yesterday ONE book out of the TWO

Holder is scratched ,  no HUGE scuff (reholdered?)  , and book has deep color breaking stresses on the spine that were not present prior to submission 

Call CCG today , Chris says dunno where the other book is, our guys will look into it.

Look at my billing statement and it is $195 for one book ($60 for Overnight, so $135 for grading)

Call Accounting, ask why $135? They aren't sure, go through the billing and says that grader notes cost me $30 , huh?? For real?? I can buy them on the site for $15? Aren't notes part of the submission process? This is new he says , not sure of his name, nice guy though

I ask what about the MISSING book? 

Says not sure why we didn't ship that overnight with the other, we will look into it. Should be updated today

11:22 PM now, still shows DO NOT ENCAPSULATE 

No replies to any emails , no response from CGC in regards to the MISSING book

I know this is a lengthy message but if anyone read it all the way through perhaps my fellow forum members can assist me with this?

I am not independently wealthy and giving CGC a 1k+ book and getting another similar book damage in the process really hurts my collection 

Thanks in advance for lending me your ears and any advise is greatly appreciated

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 11.23.40 PM.png

I know when I have had rejected pre-screens with CCS they have shipped them back separately (despite my protests) from the approved comics in the same shipment, usually at the same time as the approved books are moved to CGC. My guess is your rejected comic is in limbo in the shipping department. Hope it finds its way back to you soon. :wishluck:

On 9/19/2019 at 7:41 PM, MustEatBrains said:

2 Standard + Pressing
4 Economy + Pressing
15 Modern + Quick Press

Sent 9/16
Received by PO and signed for via USPS 9/19...

Let the games begin!

On 9/24/2019 at 9:30 PM, MustEatBrains said:

Status updated to received on CGC site 9/24.

Standard through CCS and back to received at CGC on 10/25.

Standard sub updated to scheduled for grading on 11/7.

CGC shipped the other book overnight today at apparently their cost . Seems to me if should have shipped before the encapsulated book and still do not I understand why they didn’t ship them together as both were ready . But they made that part right .

Still no communication in regards to the damaged graded  book , the marred images and the scratched holder or why they charged a CGC MEMBER for grading notes ?

Just one of many times the billing has been off . Watch out for the lower dollar adders is all I can say , the right hand is not talking to the left to say the least at CGC.

2 and a half months for two Express submissions , damaged books , holders , MIA subs and no cust service . 

If this was any other company doing this to their customer base I don’t think they would be around very long or they would find themselves facing a class action suit .

Honestly I am pretty easy going and hate drama , so they will likely get away with it . 

I miss 2000 , when they were hungry !

2 modern books + press (non-fast-track)

Received: 9/9

9 modern books (non-fast-track)

Received: 10/17

Scheduled for grading: 11/07

These are my first and second submissions. I'm very excited to see the grades.

Also, I'm located in Switzerland, so I'm not entirely sure how long it takes once they send it to me.

I hope to receive it before Christmas (at least the normal submission, the press submission will take long time).

Cheers!

I'm new to the whole CCS pressing to CGC grading thing.  I've usually just submitted a few books here and there without a press.  Thought I would give it a try.

This is a 10 book Value submission.  Shows received at CCS on 6/10.  I receive an invoice from CCS on 9/13.  Is that when CCS begins the pressing process?

On 11/7, I received an email from CGC showing the submission as "received."  Based on their current TATs and factoring in the upcoming holidays, I'm guessing another 5 months before the books are back to me.

So a total of about 10 months for a Value submission to make its way through CCS and CGC.  Does that match up with other people's experiences using these services?

2 hours ago, walclark said:

I'm new to the whole CCS pressing to CGC grading thing.  I've usually just submitted a few books here and there without a press.  Thought I would give it a try.

This is a 10 book Value submission.  Shows received at CCS on 6/10.  I receive an invoice from CCS on 9/13.  Is that when CCS begins the pressing process?

On 11/7, I received an email from CGC showing the submission as "received."  Based on their current TATs and factoring in the upcoming holidays, I'm guessing another 5 months before the books are back to me.

So a total of about 10 months for a Value submission to make its way through CCS and CGC.  Does that match up with other people's experiences using these services?

Dear God - your books will take longer to get pressed and graded then it takes to make a person.

7 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

or why they charged a CGC MEMBER for grading notes ?

This is the part that would really grind my gears.

I recently had a couple of books rejected on the basis of being too explicit. (The Dead from the early '80s - gore editions) But there are some on the census (which means they have graded them in the past) Gears are grinding again.

18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

10 book Modern Sub, non-fast-track

11/07 "delivered"

Received ??

lol The constant refreshing begins :) 

Cool! Marked "RECEIVED", ON 11/08 :) all the books aren't "listed" but the invoice is there etc ;) 

Refreshing can chill a bit, until 18-20 Days :whee: 

1 hour ago, Adam Lucas said:

Holy !! Mine just switched to scheduled for grading after being in received since 7/11. Could the end really be near? I’m not getting my hopes up but it would 

My 6/21 value is still in SFG.

Edited by Shockmaster

8 hours ago, Oskywalker said:

2 modern books + press (non-fast-track)

Received: 9/9

9 modern books (non-fast-track)

Received: 10/17

Scheduled for grading: 11/07

These are my first and second submissions. I'm very excited to see the grades.

Also, I'm located in Switzerland, so I'm not entirely sure how long it takes once they send it to me.

I hope to receive it before Christmas (at least the normal submission, the press submission will take long time).

Cheers!

What does shipping to Switzerland cost?  

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Received 9/13 Fast Track Modern.....still saying received 

Only 2 months and still waiting :popcorn:

Will be ringing them soon to see if the business still is operating :baiting:

Ummm you should have called them in sept.  Those should haven been graded weeks and almost 2 months ago soon.

10 Business days, something is wrong.  Call them on Monday!