• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, kimik said:
21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

..... 3 weeks after what I was quoted this morning made be double take lol, so I called for clarification :sorry: 

Sometimes I've called too much (thumbsu 

But just to ask if they were still doing first in first out, they said yes, that they were trying to do the Todd's SS's in 3 weeks and that mine (received 11/08) was about a week ahead of them....

lol so he said I should probably see movement by the end of the week :wishluck: 

So.....I was quoted 3 weeks on books that were received (11/04) before yours? Looks like I will be calling again tomorrow morning to get mine moving before the end of the week as well.

Any news? :shy: 

It's kind of hard to know if the rep's know anything with estimated TAT's on the site still at 25 business days for Modern Slow :( 

They said 5-6 weeks yesterday, it is more like 6-7 now, they still try to say that it'll be right before Christmas ..... ??? 

Fast Track Value - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 12/11/19

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19

1 month today and got a little bit of progress.

57 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19

1 month today and got a little bit of progress.

What Do you mean little bit of progress? if it's still at "received"?

Current TAT on the CGC site finally updated and is at 30 day TAT for slow modern...... 25 days for my slow modern received 11-08-19 will be next Monday the 16th of Dec

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Current TAT on the CGC site finally updated and is at 30 day TAT for slow modern...... 25 days for my slow modern received 11-08-19 will be next Monday the 16th of Dec

I bolded the one item that moved up - Fast Track Value.  The modern slowboat prescreen I realistically don't expect them to get to before Christmas.  I'm hoping they kick out the Value and the magazines over the next two weeks but hope springs eternal.

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I bolded the one item that moved up - Fast Track Value.  The modern slowboat prescreen I realistically don't expect them to get to before Christmas.  I'm hoping they kick out the Value and the magazines over the next two weeks but hope springs eternal.

lol that's my bad, I'm bad about missing bolded parts lol still :wishluck: that something happens :) 

On 11/8/2019 at 5:12 AM, walclark said:

I'm new to the whole CCS pressing to CGC grading thing.  I've usually just submitted a few books here and there without a press.  Thought I would give it a try.

This is a 10 book Value submission.  Shows received at CCS on 6/10.  I receive an invoice from CCS on 9/13.  Is that when CCS begins the pressing process?

On 11/7, I received an email from CGC showing the submission as "received."  Based on their current TATs and factoring in the upcoming holidays, I'm guessing another 5 months before the books are back to me.

So a total of about 10 months for a Value submission to make its way through CCS and CGC.  Does that match up with other people's experiences using these services?

I have no clue how this happened.  This value submission sat at "received" from 11/7 to 12/6 when it went to "scheduled for grading."  On 12/9, it goes to "graded/quality control" and today (12/11), it's marked as shipped.  Props to CGC for working overtime on getting this one out.

3 hours ago, XxSpideyxX said:

How long should I expect for these two comics to come back?

ASM 55 and 100

Grading (2)
Pressing (2)
Fast Track Economy Grading $86.40
Handling $5.00
Fast Track Economy Pressing $110.00
USPS Shipping

$35.00

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Use this link to look up Fast-Track Economy, which I think is 28 days, and see when they were received and start counting days, excluding week days and only count 3 days for the Thanksgiving week :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

16 hours ago, walclark said:

I have no clue how this happened.  This value submission sat at "received" from 11/7 to 12/6 when it went to "scheduled for grading."  On 12/9, it goes to "graded/quality control" and today (12/11), it's marked as shipped.  Props to CGC for working overtime on getting this one out.

Wow was that fast track? I'm confused why value FT is faster than economy FT right now.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:51 PM, Drew Stair said:

Fast Track Economy:

Delivered: 11/25/19

Received:  11/25/19

Must not be a lot of subs this week

SFG: 12/12/19

Interestingly they updated the category info today which I thought didn't happen until later in the process. I know 2 books are restored and they didn't note that. They are just listed as Universal/Modern thus far so I assume they will update those later.