• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,954 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

thought about quoting you, but since you posted

:wishluck: that something happens with our Modern Slow Boat, today!

Mine received 11/8/19, mine is still at received :( 

Your's received 11/11/19

:headbang: 

I don't know what I'm continually looking for - I'm almost definetely going to be disappointed.  But as a Brown's fan I'm use to disappointment so I got that going for me.

Fast Track Value - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 12/11/19 Grading QA/QC 12/16/19  Shipped 12/17/19

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19

Some up and some down.  ASM 15 - Thought 4.5/5.0 and it came back 4.0, ASM 9 - Thought 5.0/5.5 and it came back 6.0, FF 49 - Thought 5.5/6.0 and it came back 6.5, New Gods 1 - Thought 9.0 / 9.2 and it came back 8.5.  All universal so I'm pleased overall.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

??  Did they make you upgrade to a different category?

No sorry just meant the category fields on the invoice modern, universal etc. They had populated those fields when it went to SFG but had either missed the resto I know to be there or just hadn’t checked. That book was updated as C-2. Though one other on there I think is trimmed still shows as modern so I dunno. Maybe it’s just a factory miscut. 

3 minutes ago, cd4ever said:
3 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Holy :censored: my 1 book value sub received 8/14 moved to Grading / QC today 

My 25 value books from 8/2 shipped today.  It's a Christmas miracle! 

I'm happy for the both of you I really AM! :shy: 

I'll probably have the holidays affecting mine shipping enroute, but lol I'll have the holidays to enjoy! :whee: 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm happy for the both of you I really AM! :shy: 

I'll probably have the holidays affecting mine shipping enroute, but lol I'll have the holidays to enjoy! :whee: 

I was all prepared for mine to ship after Xmas but then they moved it to SFG and now I'm obsessively checking again.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 minutes ago, Drew Stair said:

I was all prepared for mine to ship after Xmas but then they moved it to SFG and now I'm obsessively checking again.

When were yours received?

And are they modern slow track? Lol making sure its apples and apples...

My 1 book Value sub received 8/14 was marked Finalized/ shipped today.

interestingly enough, it kept its same grade as before. To repeat this story, I originally subbed it for reholder as it had been dropped and cracked. CGC told me the grade given did not match CGC standards and it needed to be regraded. So I paid for the value tier and had to wait a few extra months and voila...same grade as before: 9.6. hm 

Im glad it stayed the same but feel like I had to pay and wait extra for nothing. ¬¬

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

interestingly enough, it kept its same grade as before. To repeat this story, I originally subbed it for reholder as it had been dropped and cracked. CGC told me the grade given did not match CGC standards and it needed to be regraded. So I paid for the value tier and had to wait a few extra months and voila...same grade as before: 9.6. hm 

Im glad it stayed the same but feel like I had to pay and wait extra for nothing. ¬¬

that's just......I mean no "press" no nothing? dang!

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I would contact CGC and ask for clarification about why you had to pay for a regrading if the grade stayed the same.  If the grade was not up to their standards then why did it stay the same?  If the inner well was not damaged then it is my understanding that they didn't require a regrading which makes the whole thing more confusing.

10 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I'd call and complain to a manager on that one. They can't really argue that they didn't take advantage of you there.

Just now, 1Cool said:

I would contact CGC and ask for clarification about why you had to pay for a regrading if the grade stayed the same.  If the grade was not up to their standards then why did it stay the same?  If the inner well was not damaged then it is my understanding that they didn't require a regrading which makes the whole thing more confusing.

The inner well wasn’t damaged. I shipped it with plenty of protection. It was also in the 2nd series holder so I thought maybe their standards changed since then. But it was definitely a 9.6 book. I had first suspected they may have damaged it when they cracked it. Now that it’s all the same...you’re right I should ask for clarification. Seems an exhausting task with how busy CGC seem to be. 

On 12/13/2019 at 5:07 PM, eddly said:

Modern slow track (excluding prescreens)

Joeypost – 10/31 - shipped

Aarrow108 – 10/31 - shipped

Kimik – 11/04 - shipped

Ryan - 11/04 - shipped

Adamantium – 11/08 - received

Deadpoolica – 11/13 - received

Eddly – 11/19 - received

Anyone else?

Adamantium- 11/08 Received- 12/18 Scheduled for Grading :whee: 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, eddly said:

Modern slow track (excluding prescreens)

Joeypost – 10/31 - shipped

Aarrow108 – 10/31 - shipped

Kimik – 11/04 - shipped

Ryan - 11/04 - shipped

Adamantium – 11/08 - shipped

Deadpoolica – 11/13 - received

Eddly – 11/19 - received

Mayor006 - 11/19 - received

Frederic9494 - 12/18 - received

Updated. Turnaround time is still at 32 business days. I thought for sure that would be decreased now that Adamantium isn't calling multiple times a day!

Deadpoolica, I'm guessing your order will be scheduled for grading by 12/27?!?!

Edited by eddly

I sent in 2 books under walkthrough service with screening+ccs on 11.19.  There has been no status change as it still shows "received" as of tonight.  

Is that leadtime normal for walkthrough service as I was told today by cgc that the books should be graded at the end of the month.

Edited by Moetown