• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ryan Marron said:

Modern Fast Track Pre-Screen - 25 Books

Received - 11/20/19

Still shows Received on my end although when I've called they said it's the Scheduled for Grading phase.  Never had a fast track Modern sub take this long - or it taking this long without any kind of change in status (although I know that can be delayed more with Pre-Screen).  Oh well...

Yikes - a fast track shouldn't take over a month even during the holidays.  I'd be a tad pissed if I paid the extra $10 and it still took a month.

2 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

My credit card was just charged by CGC... is it a sign that grading is about to start? (or just that they have opened the parcel?)

I think just logged it in is the answer and marked received, mine was charged at that time, grading didn't happen until later.... and based on tier and estimated tat etc

5 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

My credit card was just charged by CGC... is it a sign that grading is about to start? (or just that they have opened the parcel?)

They just opened the parcel (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think just logged it in is the answer and marked received, mine was charged at that time, grading didn't happen until later.... and based on tier and estimated tat etc

They were marked as received the 18th... I guess they were just late in processing payment

16 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

They were marked as received the 18th... I guess they were just late in processing payment

Could be :)

I'll cross my finger for you! :wishluck:

unless they were to be pressed and that's a whole different thing.....

@eddly I haven't called since last week until they went to "sfg", and that was only to ask that tat's at the time of received was 20 days, it was almost turning 30 :foryou: since cgc marked received BUT

:makepoint: my point is cgc said that once they go to scheduled for grading it'll be quick, which it was

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Fast Track Value - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 12/11/19 Grading QA/QC 12/16/19  Shipped 12/17/19

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19

Nothing new to report in any of the categories. I'm quickly approaching 2 months since being shipped.

Well lol 

The estimated delivery of my Modern sub when Shipped Dec. 23rd was January 3rd :o 

Tracking shows it's in Dallas today though! :whatthe: so maybe Monday! as it doesn't say "out for delivery" today.... :headbang: 

On 12/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, Ryan Marron said:

Received - 11/20/19

Still shows Received on my end although when I've called they said it's the Scheduled for Grading phase.  Never had a fast track Modern sub take this long - or it taking this long without any kind of change in status (although I know that can be delayed more with Pre-Screen).  Oh well...

Well, that changed quickly - updates below:

Received - 11/20/19

Scheduled for Grading - 12/23/19

Grading/QC - 12/26/19

Finalized/Shipped - 12/27/19

Although it took a little longer than expected, all 25 passed the 9.8 Pre-Screen so all is forgiven!!! :headbang:

How often does CGC check their POBox? I have a box delivered Saturday trying to get a final order in for those new labels before the end of the year. Crossing my fingers as its several Venom books.

I wonder how many packages they get per day. How much packing material do they go through in a day? Its got to be a dumpster full every day. 

20 hours ago, NebraskaGuy said:

How often does CGC check their POBox? I have a box delivered Saturday trying to get a final order in for those new labels before the end of the year. Crossing my fingers as its several Venom books.

I wonder how many packages they get per day. How much packing material do they go through in a day? Its got to be a dumpster full every day. 

They check towards the end of the day every business day. But that doesn’t mean they open it right away. Hopefully they honor it for you.