• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,947 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not too long ago, I was told that "SFG" made the rest of the time approach the speed of light, compared to "received", so hope it turns around quickly for you!

I hope so man. Seems like forever until you come to this thread and realize just how long some others have had to wait!

V.

8 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I don't know what it is

But I submitted 12 books for grading 9 months ago, including 1 reholder which I got back Friday. And haven't got any of the 11 books back yet!

That's too long ... even for Value tier. You better call.

9 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I don't know what it is

But I submitted 12 books for grading 9 months ago, including 1 reholder which I got back Friday. And haven't got any of the 11 books back yet!

I just could never submit with that kind of a wait time even tho I have books worth submitting.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I just could never submit with that kind of a wait time even tho I have books worth submitting.

You have alot of books worth submitting 

I haven't submitted since april

And that's the reason why.

I've found myself buying slabs and paying the premium because it's too exhausting to wait.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:24 AM, 1Cool said:

What the heck is going on over there.  Received on 11/11 and still sitting at received.  Feels like CGC is moving the goal post at this point.

Your books should move any day. My prescreen moderns were received 11/7, some moved to scheduled for grading on Friday, the rest moved this morning. 

10x Modern (no addl svcs)

Rcvd = 9/18/2019
Shipped = 10/16/2019   

5x Modern (no addl svcs)

Rcvd = 10/31/2019
Shipped = 12/13/2019

In the first above SFG, QA, and Shipped changed status within 24 hours. On the second, I didn't even see status changed despite daily checkins, I just received a shipping conf email about 8p CST so I knew to go check my grades. 
Unfortunately, I do have a dozen books in with requested CCS before grading so I guess I'll see those sometime mid-summer, LOL.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hoping the grades upon "shipped" are worth the wait! And thanks for helping me in this thread (thumbsu

2 weeks shipping time back to me was tough too, but I had the holidays to tide me over lol

Pleased overall, some hits and misses (all but one of these were pressed):

• 5 - Web of Spider-Man 32 -  9.4 x1, 9.6 x4 (was hoping for 9.6 or better and thought maybe half would be 9.8)
  • 5 - Star Wars 1 - 9.0 x1, 9.2 x2, 9.4 x2 (very pleased with these. I thought they could be as low as 8.5, but I assumed I would have 9.0 on average).
  • 7 - Punisher 1 Unlimited - 9.6 x3, 9.8 x4 (thought they all could be 9.8, pulled these out of a stack of 25, thought these were the best)
  • 1 - Punisher 1 Limited - 9.6 x1 (happy with this grade, there was a small stain on the back cover that looks like it was mostly removed)
  • 2 - Killing Joke - 9.8 x2 (thought at least one would be 9.8, so great)
  • 1 - Domino 8 - 9.8 x1 (testing my ability to grade moderns)
  • 1 - Batman 357 - 9.2 x1 (had some bad creasing on the back cover, 8.0 before press in my opinion, good result)
  • 1 - Incredible Hulk 340 - 9.8 x1 (I thought it would be 9.6, pressed out a noncolour breaking crease)
  • 2 - X-Force 11 - 9.8 x2 (testing my ability to grade moderns, I have ~20 more of these)

Happy for sure, not great margins on all of these after the cost of grading and pressing, but no regrets.

2 hours ago, Richard The Man said:

As am I. 

Standard 2 books

Received 12/5/2019

Still "Scheduled for Grading"

Called and was told another week plus. Said they were very busy etc. 

Appreciate that update - whenever I try to get a hold of them I got stuck with waiting for a representative on the phone. 

17 hours ago, Drahcirh said:

Appreciate that update - whenever I try to get a hold of them I got stuck with waiting for a representative on the phone. 

17 hours ago, Drahcirh said:

I think the Todd signing really affected all tiers and put everything behind. 

Edited by cd4ever

Fast Track Value - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 12/11/19 Grading QA/QC 12/16/19  Shipped 12/17/19

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 1/7/20

And here I was thinking of giving them a call today and it moved up to SFG.  Will it ship on 11th and make it 2 months to the day after receiving them?

On 1/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, 1Cool said:

Fast Track Value - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 12/11/19 Grading QA/QC 12/16/19  Shipped 12/17/19

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 1/7/20

And here I was thinking of giving them a call today and it moved up to SFG.  Will it ship on 11th and make it 2 months to the day after receiving them?

IDK about you but the wait for mags is starting to P me off!!