• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, nriccijr said:

IDK about you but the wait for mags is starting to P me off!!

yea - its all getting a bit old at this point.  I usually make a big submission in December since the turn around time is typically very reasonable (I think last year it took a bit over a month to get a 50 book modern prescreen back).  I think the McFarlane signing must have everything screwed up over there and we just have to ride it out.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I think the McFarlane signing must have everything screwed up over there and we just have to ride it out.

According to the CGC eNews email I just got, the McFarlane signing hasn't even happened yet.

12 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

According to the CGC eNews email I just got, the McFarlane signing hasn't even happened yet.

That's what I heard - something to due with Todd being sick.  But if they are getting an avalanche of books that need to be sorted and gotten ready for the signing that is less people to work on the books they have piling up.

23 minutes ago, NebraskaGuy said:

Modern Fast Track (6 Books)

Received 12/31

Scheduled for Grading 1/6

Grading/QC 1/8

Finalized / Shipped 1/8

Jesus - that is lightning fast.  Little over a week for fast track and 2 months for regular submissions hm

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:
15 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

That's what I heard - something to due with Todd being sick.  But if they are getting an avalanche of books that need to be sorted and gotten ready for the signing that is less people to work on the books they have piling up.

Sounds like it will get worse before it gets better. Kewl.

My first submissions

Standard (No FT) - 1 book

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • S for G - 12/19
  • Grade/QC - 1/8

Economy (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18

Modern Mag (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18

Modern (No FT) - 14 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 1/7/20  Grading QA/QC 1/9/20

4 out of 50 are showing as rejected when I check out the descriptions.  Is that the only books which were rejected in the prescreening?  If that is true that would be sweet!

32 minutes ago, greggy said:

My December 2nd moderns have just gone into QC

Regular non-FT Modern? I had submitted 10x Modern that were marked as received on December 5th. This gives me hope that I'll get them before Cal Comic-Con :headbang:

4 minutes ago, Aarrow108 said:

Regular non-FT Modern? I had submitted 10x Modern that were marked as received on December 5th. This gives me hope that I'll get them before Cal Comic-Con :headbang:

Yes

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 1/7/20  Grading QA/QC 1/9/20

4 out of 50 are showing as rejected when I check out the descriptions.  Is that the only books which were rejected in the prescreening?  If that is true that would be sweet!

Did they charge your CC for your prescreen yet? My modern prescreen was just received a couple of days ago & they charged my CC already. I don't remember them doing this for previous subs.

13 minutes ago, Bird said:

he's right, call them tomorrow

unless you went through a lcs then all bets are off

I did unfortunately, through the only place in Toronto to do so***. I've been asking them what the status of my order is since last November, but every time I message them or call them they say they will get back to me the next day (and never do). I just sent CGC an email asking about the status since I have the account and invoice numbers.

I have two other books i've submitted myself (which says they were Received on 10/18/19, but have been marked 'Received' since then - but that seems like a normal time frame) as it's just been easier for the LCS to ship them all together (the cost difference is massive for shipping to and from Canada)

edit: *** Are all authorized dealers listed on the CGC site, or is it only a select few? Because the store I submitted them through isn't listed anymore here but has CGC submission under their services on their own website. 

Edited by Sauce Dog