• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,970 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Oskywalker said:

2 Modern books + pressing

Received: 9/9/19

Received by CGC back from CCS: 1/6/2020

Gradding/quality control: 1/7/2020

Shipped: 1/9/2020

Not to bad.

This is extremely helpful. Thanks. I have many books submitted 10/15. It looks like it should be about another month for me. 

10 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Sooo, question:  I submitted two books via the Economy tier last June and don't have them yet. Is this a normal turnaround time?

I had an Economy with pressing, no fast track on either, that was submitted in July and I got back in November. Definitely not normal.

Edited by Steelrain41

17 hours ago, Aarrow108 said:

Regular non-FT Modern? I had submitted 10x Modern that were marked as received on December 5th. This gives me hope that I'll get them before Cal Comic-Con :headbang:

Shipped today

On 1/9/2020 at 10:49 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

My first submissions

Standard -1 book

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • S for G - 12/19
  • Grade/QC - 1/8
  • Finalized/Imaged/Shipped - 1/10
  • Received 1/13

Economy (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18

Modern Mag (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18

Modern (No FT) - 14 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18

Edited by ChrispyC66

Waiting for books has never been a really big concern to me, but what pressures me is that as soon as books are received and prior to even being verified, my credit card is whacked. Being self employed, your working capital is your life blood. Payment upfront is unnecessary IMO. I would be happier to pay at a later stage closer to completion. In most cases the books are worth more in collateral than the service so I can’t understand the need to have payment months before they perform the service I’m paying for. It’s a strain not being able to use my funds for 85 working days. Besides I’m using a credit card to secure payment on my end. 
PSA the company that grades sports cards as you may know, hit your credit card when grades are available and your order has shipped. I like this because I can usually sell/ eBay the cards before the credit card payment is due, thus not tying up working capital. Come on CGC loosen up or do you really need the money that bad. 

Edited by Junkdrawer

15 hours ago, Oskywalker said:

2 Modern books + pressing

Received: 9/9/19

Received by CGC back from CCS: 1/6/2020

Gradding/quality control: 1/7/2020

Shipped: 1/9/2020

Not to bad.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this was Fast Track grading.

2 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Waiting for books has never been a really big concern to me, but what pressures me is that as soon as books are received and prior to even being verified, my credit card is whacked. Being self employed, your working capital is your life blood. Payment upfront is unnecessary IMO. I would be happier to pay at a later stage closer to completion. In most cases the books are worth more in collateral than the service so I can’t understand the need to have payment months before they perform the service I’m paying for. It’s a strain not being able to use my funds for 85 working days. Besides I’m using a credit card to secure payment on my end. 
PSA the company that grades sports cards as you may know, hit your credit card when grades are available and your order has shipped. I like this because I can usually sell/ eBay the cards before the credit card payment is due, thus not tying up working capital. Come on CGC loosen up or do you really need the money that bad. 

CGC NEVER charges my card until after books are graded, shipped. No idea why you are,thats ODD.

CCS charges the card upon beginning of pressing or whatever service, not after however....

Edited by KryptoSpidey

11 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

CGC NEVER charges my card until after books are graded, shipped. No idea why you are,thats ODD.

CCS charges the card upon beginning of pressing or whatever service, not after however....

Last 2 submissions CGC has charged my card as soon as they received the books. Never used to be that way. Maybe its different for everyone????

4 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Last 2 submissions CGC has charged my card as soon as they received the books. Never used to be that way. Maybe its different for everyone????

Unlikely. Their AR team needs an established standard in place to comply with revenue recognition rules. CGC charges cards when comics are entered into their system, as per the policy they have established and comply with internally. If there are some people who are charged at different intervals then they have been placed into that specific rev rec bucket for a specific reason that only CGC's accounting team would know about. 

anyone get a recent economy back?

site says 35 days TAT and I have some in on 10/29...I been itchin' to get them back and it seems about time but no one has posted economy here in a while!

55 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Unlikely. Their AR team needs an established standard in place to comply with revenue recognition rules. CGC charges cards when comics are entered into their system, as per the policy they have established and comply with internally. If there are some people who are charged at different intervals then they have been placed into that specific rev rec bucket for a specific reason that only CGC's accounting team would know about. 

I have 6 books via Fast Track Modern in Grading/Quality right now that were received 12/31 and i have NOT been charged for the books yet.

I had a book go through WALK THROUGH last week and i too wasn't charged until the end of the day once it was finalized/shipped.

I've had an account with CGC since 2003 so maybe that has something to do with it? I honestly don't know, but the 3 books CCS has now for pressing HAVE been charged for the CCS service, but not the CGC express grading fee's...

I honestly have no idea what difference there are with CGC billing policies, all i know is that i have never, nor currently are being charged until books show graded/imaged/shipped.

Edited by KryptoSpidey