• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I made a split decision today...

I saved to do a 3 book value fast track in March 

But

Decided to "save money"

So

Did a 3 book value slow track today! 

I mean I should end up with them back around the same Time as if I waited till March, right? :roflmao:

Current TAT 92 days! doh!

Good luck man! I'll never do value again. At least you should have it back by the summer lol

2 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

Did you get a press? The wait time in pressing is crazy long and once CGC gets the book back from the presser it will put that date on received. It could be that it went to the presser in July and then got sent back to CGC in November. 

No - I do not use CGC for pressing. This was just Economy submission for two books and that's it.

19 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

After giving this some more thought I have A rant on why “most” of us are being charged when the books are received...

1. I think CGC has been told by their lawyers/accountants/auditors that they have a liability issue when holding hundreds of thousands of $’s of someone’s assets in a vault for months without a binding authorization to do so. They charge us as proof of authorization to “handle” our assets. 
2. Those members with longer relationships with CGC may be grandfathered in because they are known to CGC and have transacted business with them for years. This essentially makes those members worth the risk of waiting longer before charging them only when services are started or even completed. Those of us that are new to CGC are too “risky” since we are unknown to CGC.

3. Greed! Although I don’t think this is the reason.

but here’s CGC’s problem if these are true...

* They have our assets $$$! So we have no control of them during that time.

* They charge us early for future services, including shipping costs, that don’t occur until months months later $$$

I think we feel charging us when the grading/cleaning/pressing/etc., services are started is fair but charging us for keeping our books in a vault for months is unacceptable.

I’m not a lawyer, so this is just my rant

Yeah i really have no idea.

After i posted my original comments, Friday,my 6 books moved to GRADING/QUALITY from SCHEDULED FOR GRADING that same morning, and at 7pm that night my card WAS CHARGED, prior to them reaching FINALIZED/IMAGING/SHIPPED. So i was wrong saying that i don't get charged until they ship, but i knew it was always around the same day. I'm imagining my stuff WILL ship tomorrow on Monday.

That's really all that i have to add to your "thoughts". Is it possibly because i've literally spent TENS of Thousands of dollars in CGC fees over 15 years? Maybe. It's all speculation. Honestly i really couldn't care if they charged my account the day the books were received or the day they ship, CGC has my books, the process will happen, and i'll be charged eventually either way. On one note, 3/4 to 100% of ALL my previous submissions have been high dollar books, either WALK-THROUGH or EXPRESS, so received/graded/shipped has always been with-in a day or a week basically. This is the 1st submission i've ever sent in modern books,fast track modern, but the same billing cycle was used for me as always....

Edited by KryptoSpidey

Magazine Economy - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 11/18/19

Magazine Modern - Received 11/11/19 - Scheduled for Grading 12/6/19 Grading / QC 1/11/20

Reholder - Received 11/11/19, Grading QA/QC 11/13/19, Shipped 11/14/19

Modern Slow Boat Prescreen - Received 11/11/19 Scheduled for Grading 1/7/20  Grading QA/QC 1/9/20  Shipped 1/20/20

Looks like the magazines may ship out today or tomorrow :wishluck:

Edited by 1Cool

On 1/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, Bird said:

anyone get a recent economy back?

site says 35 days TAT and I have some in on 10/29...I been itchin' to get them back and it seems about time but no one has posted economy here in a while!

Got 2 Economy books received on 12/18 waiting to be scheduled still.

16 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern Mag (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • Scheduled for Grading - 1/13

:banana:

That's crazy, looks like you hit it just right! I am still waiting for mags from NYCC and ACE. It seems they do them all at once so hopefully we all get ours back by next week!!

11 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern Mag (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • Scheduled for Grading - 1/13

:banana:

:cry: Mine were received OVER A FRICKING month before yours and they have just sat around collecting dust.  The mag guy must be soooo specific that he can only come in once every 2 months. Just sad.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, celluloidbuff said:

Three (3) Modern Signature Series (not Fast Track) RECEIVED 12/3/2019 - still no movement, not even a hyperlinked invoice number. I know the Todd signing has them busy, but I'd like to get the ball rolling on these.

Missed a day of checking status, and they're now sitting at GRADING/QUALITY CONTROL. 

18 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

Missed a day of checking status, and they're now sitting at GRADING/QUALITY CONTROL. 

Received 12/03/2019

Grading/Quality Control 01/14/2020

Went to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped on 01/15/2020.

All three SS coming back 9.8s, thanks to expert handling by @Par2ch.