• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2020 at 5:13 PM, Bird said:

finalized/shipped 1/15

NICE! :takeit:

my 8 book economy was mis-delivered this morning. Got the text it was delivered (a day early, I usually re-route and pickup) but wife said nope, nothing. She checked around again while I confirmed it was the cgc shipment and notsomething else. It was. Signed for a delivered 10:43. I was in the car on the way home by 11:30 (took a bit to realize it was not there) and wifey had a case opened up. Got home and was able to see signature, nothing like mine. H Gat.... wife thinks it may be neighbor (she has since got out to lunch). Same neighbor who I almost came to blows with in the summer over him spraying week killer into my lawn and killing a small circle of grass. ugh. Daughter goes online and finds out their names and it looks like a match and sure enough they have it. They were going to bring it over later. All is well but it was touch and go there for a while. 

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

my 8 book economy was mis-delivered this morning. Got the text it was delivered (a day early, I usually re-route and pickup) but wife said nope, nothing. She checked around again while I confirmed it was the cgc shipment and notsomething else. It was. Signed for a delivered 10:43. I was in the car on the way home by 11:30 (took a bit to realize it was not there) and wifey had a case opened up. Got home and was able to see signature, nothing like mine. H Gat.... wife thinks it may be neighbor (she has since got out to lunch). Same neighbor who I almost came to blows with in the summer over him spraying week killer into my lawn and killing a small circle of grass. ugh. Daughter goes online and finds out their names and it looks like a match and sure enough they have it. They were going to bring it over later. All is well but it was touch and go there for a while. 

:whatthe: snap, close call! Glad it worked out though! :eek: eek.....

36 minutes ago, electricprune said:

Modern 6 book submission Received 12-13-19, Scheduled for Grading, 1-20-2020, Grading/QC 1-21-2020

Value 9 book submission Received 12-13-19

Modern Prescreen 25 book submission Received 12-9-19

Modern Prescreen 11 book submission Received 12-9-19

These were all shipped to CGC together.

At least it looks like "value tier TAT" is down to 80 days :foryou: so maybe 2 and a half more months..... beats the 95 TAT they had not too long ago ..... :foryou: 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

On 1/20/2020 at 11:44 AM, Bird said:

How does that even happen? Was it Registered mail? Shouldn't the package been delivered to the exact address/recipient matching the mailing label? I would've freaked out too. A similar thing happened to my roommate in college where we lived in an apartment building. UPS claimed a neighbor signed for it, and lo and behold the neighbors claims that they didn't. It was jewelry that he had bought online for his girlfriend at the time.

5 hours ago, electricprune said:

Modern 6 book submission Received 12-13-19, Scheduled for Grading, 1-20-2020, Grading/QC 1-21-2020

Does CGC skip the "verifed" step nowadays and go straight to SFG? I've got a Modern slow-boat in "Received" status for almost a month (by this week's end).

Just now, comixry said:

Does CGC skip the "verifed" step nowadays and go straight to SFG? I've got a Modern slow-boat in "Received" status for almost a month (by this week's end).

Yes they skip verified  :)

2 minutes ago, comixry said:

How does that even happen? Was it Registered mail? Shouldn't the package been delivered to the exact address/recipient matching the mailing label? I would've freaked out too. A similar thing happened to my roommate in college where we lived in an apartment building. UPS claimed a neighbor signed for it, and lo and behold the neighbors claims that they didn't. It was jewelry that he had bought online for his girlfriend at the time.

(shrug)

I called to close the case, no apologies and I stated twice exactrly whathappened and wondered why they would do it. Then they called my wife on the number she gave for the case, stated it was closed and also kinda blew it off, Back to ups for me.

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

(shrug)

I called to close the case, no apologies and I stated twice exactrly whathappened and wondered why they would do it. Then they called my wife on the number she gave for the case, stated it was closed and also kinda blew it off, Back to ups for me.

This whole scenario makes me wonder why we as the recipient have to do the leg work and try to decipher a signature, figure out where that person lives, etc. What if it was just a bunch of scribbles. The delivery folks should at least leave a note saying "Hey we left it with your neighbor at address such and such and they signed for it". Well, glad everything worked out for you.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern Mag (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • Scheduled for Grading - 1/13
  • Grading/QC 1/17

Closer to getting back my 1st print New Mutants GN and Marvel Preview #21 Moon Knight back. :wishluck:

On 1/10/2020 at 12:31 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Economy (No FT) - 2 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • Scheduled for Grading - 1/21 (+23 WD)

Modern (No FT) - 14 books

• Delivered - 12/16
  • Received - 12/18
  • Scheduled for Grading - ??

How did Economy come before Modern? Is this the “McFarlane Effect”?

Dropped off at Rhode Island Comic Con 11/1
Status
- 11/13/19   20 books CROSSOVER VALUE Received 
-  Scheduled for Grading (when hell freezes over)

- 11/13/19 1 book SIGNATURE SERIES VALUE TIER Received
- Scheduled for Grading (when hell freezes over)

I know value is going to take long, so I'm hoping for May/June lol

Modern 6 book submission Received 12-13-19, Scheduled for Grading, 1-20-2020, Grading/QC 1-21-2020, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 1-23-2020

Checking multiple times a day, I've noticed updates can be first thing in morning or really late in day, like 8:30pm CST. So I'm including an AM/PM at a step if status changed on one of those extremes.

2x Modern (slow track)

Received: 12/12/19
SFG: 1/15/19                (AM)
Grading/QC: 1/20/20
CGC Charged: 1/20/20 (PM)
F/I/S: 1/23/20                (AM)

2 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Checking multiple times a day, I've noticed updates can be first thing in morning or really late in day, like 8:30pm CST. So I'm including an AM/PM at a step if status changed on one of those extremes.

2x Modern (slow track)

Received: 12/12/19
SFG: 1/15/19                (AM)
Grading/QC: 1/20/20
CGC Charged: 1/20/20 (PM)
F/I/S: 1/23/20                (AM)

Wait! Are you saying you weren’t charged for your order until 1/20, the day it was graded?