• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Popeyeak49 said:

10/4/2019 - Economy 5 book submission received by CGC. 

1/30/2020 - CCS Pressing invoiced. 
With any luck I will have them returned by late February.

Hmmmm, my books from Sept. 19th haven't made their way to CCS yet....

On 1/28/2020 at 9:03 AM, 1Cool said:

62 Modern Pre-Screen - No  Fast-Track

Received 1/28/20

They just billed me for the 62 slabs so I must have accidentally not put them in as pre-screen.  At least I will get them back a couple weeks sooner but this is my first sub in years that isn't pre-screen - so :wishluck:

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

They just billed me for the 62 slabs so I must have accidentally not put them in as pre-screen.  At least I will get them back a couple weeks sooner but this is my first sub in years that isn't pre-screen - so :wishluck:

9.2s

16 minutes ago, greggy said:

9.2s

My last submission had a 10% reject rate so you never know what those 6 slabs will be.  I seem to remember a few 8.5s in your last few submissions :whatthe:

Edited by 1Cool

Modern 6 book submission Received 12-13-19, Scheduled for Grading, 1-20-2020, Grading/QC 1-21-2020, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 1-23-2020

Value 9 book submission Received 12-13-19 

Modern Prescreen 25 book submission Received 12-9-19 Scheduled for Grading 1-28-2020, Grading/QC 1-29-2020, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 1-31-2020

Modern Prescreen 11 book submission Received 12-9-19 Scheduled for Grading 1-28-2020, Grading/QC 1-31-2020

These were all shipped to CGC together.

On 1/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, greggy said:

9.2s

Out of curiosity, was this the range you were expecting? I ask because I want to know your thought on recent grading/graders. I recently got grades for five moderns that I thought all had a shot at 9.8 or at least 9.6-9.8, but instead got  9.0, 9.2, 9.6, 9.8 and 9.8. Happy with the last three, but not sure what happened to the bottom two. To top it off, there were no grader notes for any of them. I didn't expect notes for the 9.6 or 9.8's as I normally don't see them for those grades, but for the bottom two, I'll have to wait and see if I missed something. Maybe prescreening is the way to go on moderns next time (never done it yet).

On 2/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, comixry said:

Out of curiosity, was this the range you were expecting? I ask because I want to know your thought on recent grading/graders. I recently got grades for five moderns that I thought all had a shot at 9.8 or at least 9.6-9.8, but instead got  9.0, 9.2, 9.6, 9.8 and 9.8. Happy with the last three, but not sure what happened to the bottom two. To top it off, there were no grader notes for any of them. I didn't expect notes for the 9.6 or 9.8's as I normally don't see them for those grades, but for the bottom two, I'll have to wait and see if I missed something. Maybe prescreening is the way to go on moderns next time (never done it yet).

My recent Modern sub grading was disappointing for several books. I had two books that I thought were solid 9.4s, maybe 9.6s and they both came back at 9.0 w/white pages and no notes. I guess no notes if it’s 9.0 or higher.

Does CGC really have multiple graders look at each book then compare notes?

Modern 6 book submission Received 12-13-19, Scheduled for Grading, 1-20-2020, Grading/QC 1-21-2020, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 1-23-2020

Value 9 book submission Received 12-13-19 

Modern Prescreen 25 book submission Received 12-9-19 Scheduled for Grading 1-28-2020, Grading/QC 1-29-2020, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 1-31-2020, Arrived 2-3-2020

Modern Prescreen 11 book submission Received 12-9-19 Scheduled for Grading 1-28-2020, Grading/QC 1-31-2020 Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 1-31-2020, Arrived 2-3-2020

These were all shipped to CGC together.

I'll check back in around mid June to update the Value sub.

My modern submission received on 1/6 just hit "scheduled for grading" yesterday.  I noticed an oddity in the list of books.  All of them show "modern" under the category except for one which is listed as "universal."  Why would it be different?  It is a book published last year.

Update: It now shows "modern" under the category, so I'm not sure what happened.

Edited by Serpentor

21 hours ago, Wormwood87 said:

How do you find this info?  When I submit my order number, it tells me there’s no order by that number.  

Welcome to the boards @Wormwood87

Once CGC receives your submission in their system they can be viewed online after you login and select My Submissions under your icon, My CGC, in the upper right corner. Then select View Status.

Edited by ChrispyC66

2 hours ago, hackx0 said:

:taptaptap: hhmmm...this Current Turnaround getting a little too much. Whats next 12 month for CCS and 5 months for grading

Grading TATs are pretty solid, if not some of the better times I've seen in the past few years. I think the guy working at CCS has been stopped going into work.