• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, spreads said:

My 13 moderns at CCS have finally been received, 97 business days.  I think it was around 70 business days when I submitted them...

EEK...was your submission "received" mid-September? That does not give me great hope for my own moderns that were "received" 10/31. That would push those out for CCS completing work in mid march or so. 

3 hours ago, MastrCntrlProgram said:

Line in blue caught my eye.

tat.jpg

That's awesome. Likewise, my Fast Track Economy subs were received the day after yours (1/28), and they have moved to Grading/Quality Control today. As I recall, back in September the same tier took 4-5 weeks!

It's not easy... but I'm beginning to trust again. :blush:

(3) comic books received by CGC 11/13/19 ... Value ... 02/07/20 "Scheduled for grading".... considering the Todd McFarlane event, not a bad turn-around.... can't wait to see grades.

Edited by jokiing

1 minute ago, jokiing said:

(3) comic books received by CGC 11/13/19 ... Value... 02/07/20 "Scheduled for grading".... considering the Todd McFarlane event, not a bad turn-around.... can't wait to see grades.

I'm taking it that is value slow track?

it's currently at 80 days, was 85 there for a minute :) but mine received 1/15 has got a ways, I'm just astounded there is an update on value slow track! 

Thanks! :headbang: 

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm taking it that is value slow track?

it's currently at 80 days, was 85 there for a minute :) but mine received 1/15 has got a ways, I'm just astounded there is an update on value slow track! 

Thanks! :headbang: 

Yes ... Value slow track... which I don't quite understand. Just because a comic is pre-1975, but still valued under $200, it's "penalized" with a long turn-around and costs more than modern. Cost may be due to age and possible fragility. Must be a reason for the long turn-around that I'm not seeing.

3 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Yes ... Value slow track... which I don't quite understand. Just because a comic is pre-1975, but still valued under $200, it's "penalized" with a long turn-around and costs more than modern. Cost may be due to age and possible fragility. Must be a reason for the long turn-around that I'm not seeing.

ya I'm not sure lol it's just the way it is or has been :shy: Would be interesting to get a definitive answer. Perhaps because the other tiers are insured for more that it trickles down to value lol 

I'm not even sure THAT makes sense, but :foryou: 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I'm not sure lol it's just the way it is or has been :shy: Would be interesting to get a definitive answer. Perhaps because the other tiers are insured for more that it trickles down to value lol 

Makes about as much sense as a ..25 comic from 1974 taking more time and costing more to grade than another .25 comic from 1975  :rulez:

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Call them every 7 minutes and ask. 

2 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Value received 11/1. Was stuck on scheduled  for grading for some time & then suddenly today it switched to Graded/QC. 100 days :banana:

That's not a 100 days.  The TATS we're posting is based on business, not calendar days. 

54 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Looks like my submission is in Grading/Quality Control today.  :wishluck:

Wonder if the graders ever come in grumpy on a Monday morning and change all of Friday afternoon's 9.8s to 9.4s?  hm

Don't even joke about that!