• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3 value non-fast-track tier, estimated current TAT 92 days.... so begins the wait :) 

Shipped to CGC  Jan 11th 2020, Delivered Jan 13th 2020

Marked received Jan 15th 2020

Marked "scheduled for grading" on 2/18 :wishluck: 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, LordRahl said:

I think it might be though. They would have the same problems with findings pressers that they do with finding graders, with some added on because of the higher potential of a presser damaging books over a grader. I don't think the salaries are all that high. If you are good at pressing you could probably make more money by doing it on your own as opposed to working for them and there is the additional restriction of not being able to sell graded books on the side, which is a pretty big restriction that I could see most people in the hobby viewing as a deal breaker. Finding someone that knows nothing about pressing and training them could work, but I'm sure it is a lengthy process much as training graders would be. 

I find it difficult CGC wouldn't understand all the facets of this business without doing their due diligence when they acquired CCS.  

3 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

I like a good tease as much as anybody...but they are probably clearing the queue before C2E2 next week.

It just got chilly in here, but you're probably right!

-_awWKjj7SEojFQFYh5QjgUVLGQ_mnfn4rbJtnLu

Does the date of received get updated when they are moved from CCS back to CGC? I have a few different orders that have been charged recently for CCS. Do you have to wait for receiving again the same as when they were initially sent to CGC? It took almost a month the first time around to get to received....really hoping I don't have to wait that long to get back into the queue...Also, I don't feel like the time it takes to process books from the mail room is added into the time estimates?

3 hours ago, Jasten said:

Does the date of received get updated when they are moved from CCS back to CGC? I have a few different orders that have been charged recently for CCS. Do you have to wait for receiving again the same as when they were initially sent to CGC? It took almost a month the first time around to get to received....really hoping I don't have to wait that long to get back into the queue...Also, I don't feel like the time it takes to process books from the mail room is added into the time estimates?

Pretty sure your stuff is Received only once. Your next step is SFG.here is what the definitions read:

Received / CCS

The submission has arrived at CGC. The enclosed collectibles have been counted and entered in CGC’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service. If there are multiple tiers of service, the collectibles have been separated by tier of service.

In the next step, a detailed description of each collectible will be entered in CGC’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The collectibles will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading.

If CCS services were requested, the submission will be routed to CCS and the CCS services will be completed first.

Good luck! :wishluck:

Edited by ChrispyC66

3 hours ago, Jasten said:

When mine went from CCS to CGC the received date was updated on my submission online. 

Before was , received 11/14 fast track economy.

Changed to , received 2/11 fast track economy. 

Same service description but the new updated date is the time to start counting for the CGC wait. 

29 minutes ago, greggy said:

One of my five modern subs received on January 30th went to SFG.

Hoping for the others just to pizz off @1Cool

My 3 modern prescreen subs are still at received (arrived on January 28th) but that does give me hope that maybe they will go the SFG by next week.

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

My 3 modern prescreen subs are still at received (arrived on January 28th) but that does give me hope that maybe they will go the SFG by next week.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my modern prescreens received 1/9 are still not SFG so I'm guessing there is no chance a 1/28 will go SFG next week.

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered to CGC 01/20/20
Received 01/22/20
Scheduled for Grading 02/13/20
Graded 02/18/20
Shipped 02/19/20

25 of these were my Locke and Key books - I expected 4-5 in the 9.2/9.4 range, so I was pleasantly surprised.

(45) 9.8, (3) 9.6 and (2) 9.4

Modern Quick Press (25 Books)
Delivered to CGC 02/06/20
Received 02/07/20

Modern Full Press Fast Track (12 Books)
Delivered to CGC 02/06/20
Received 02/07/20

Edited by lonetree

48 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my modern prescreens received 1/9 are still not SFG so I'm guessing there is no chance a 1/28 will go SFG next week.

I know Greggy so mine go quicker.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I know Greggy so mine go quicker.

Not sure why this happened but a modern that was just received today went straight to SFG while the other previous ones are still waiting.  WTH?