• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

Greggy, looking at the "Just received from CGC" thread you are probably contributing to 10% of CGC revenues... so... :smile:

Still doesn't explain why my other subs didn't go to SFG first?  This is definitely a first. 

22 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Fast track is not fast track 

I sent in my first sub on 2/6 (Modern/Fast Track).
It was received on 2/10 (Monday holiday occurred) and I got it back today 2/20.

So even with a holiday in the mix from me shipping to me receiving was 14 calendar days.
Is this a first time noob stroke of luck?

4 minutes ago, Keith Mayo said:

I sent in my first sub on 2/6 (Modern/Fast Track).
It was received on 2/10 (Monday holiday occurred) and I got it back today 2/20.

So even with a holiday in the mix from me shipping to me receiving was 14 calendar days.
Is this a first time noob stroke of luck?

That's a awesome result for you, congrats 

Mine was received 1/2/20 fast tracked and the Easter Bunny is fast approaching

1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

That's a awesome result for you, congrats 

Mine was received 1/2/20 fast tracked and the Easter Bunny is fast approaching

was yours modern though?

Some reason I thought it was "economy tier", but regardless that stinks :sumo: 

2 hours ago, Richard The Man said:

When mine went from CCS to CGC the received date was updated on my submission online. 

Before was , received 11/14 fast track economy.

Changed to , received 2/11 fast track economy. 

Same service description but the new updated date is the time to start counting for the CGC wait. 

This is what mine did, also. The RECEIVED date changed.

All I can tell now is things are all over the place.  

My sub today went from received, SFG, and cleared the restoration check all the same day. 

Strange like @1Cool

I figured I would save some money this time around...

4 silver age books shipped Fedex GROUND for 45 bucks DEC 14 and Received 1/2.  Yes, 20 days for 45 bucks  No insurance purchased either.

Economy CCS press and Economy CGC grading about 110 buck per book.  Declared value for all 450 buck total.

Slow boat to China.

Service is expensive and slow IMHO.  Tired of reading about modern books taking a month total but hey I am not buying them so what!

52 minutes ago, greggy said:

Another January 30th modern just hit SFG - @1Cool

That's weird...

Orders received before 1/30 are still in "received" based on what im reading on this thread. Is this order fast tracked?

Is CGC playing favorites? Some people have 1/8,1/14, 1/17 etc moderns still in "received" stage. 

46 minutes ago, Santos208 said:

That's weird...

Orders received before 1/30 are still in "received" based on what im reading on this thread. Is this order fast tracked?

Is CGC playing favorites? Some people have 1/8,1/14, 1/17 etc moderns still in "received" stage. 

If you've done grading with CGC long enough like me, you'll realize that CGC is all over the place at times.

Also, SFG doesn't mean much if nothing moves for weeks.  Sometimes it takes longer to get to SFG but it goes through all the steps in a few days afterwards and vice versa.

As of now, 4 of the 5 regular modern subs are showing SFG but the other is still at received. 

I'll get it eventually and that's all I care about.  

On 2/18/2020 at 1:03 PM, Shockmaster said:
On 2/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Jan 15th is so much closer :whee:

Congrats on yours and thanks for updating!

If there's movement in your submission, let us know! I have a Value submission received on 1/20,  not too far after yours.

CGC finally updated the site on value from 75 business days to 60 business days, at least it is progress :foryou: Hope I'm helping lol now that the "SFG" presumably there "SFG" in the 60 business day turn around time :wishluck:  @AsGold @Frederic9494

On 2/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My value submission went right to SFG. That's a new one for me. 

image.thumb.png.cb4d5bea693af66bd9a40b3825c8e4e2.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, greggy said:

If you've done grading with CGC long enough like me, you'll realize that CGC is all over the place at times.

Also, SFG doesn't mean much if nothing moves for weeks.  Sometimes it takes longer to get to SFG but it goes through all the steps in a few days afterwards and vice versa.

As of now, 4 of the 5 regular modern subs are showing SFG but the other is still at received. 

I'll get it eventually and that's all I care about.  

That is the kind of thing a person says that gets their books quicker then most.

7 hours ago, Frederic9494 said:

Up until this morning, only one of my 7 value comic books had the mention "Universal" under Category, then 3 this morning and then all 7 now... let's see if I get some grades today :wishluck:

Now in Grading/Quality Control... 

The suspense is killing me! :D