• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Is anyone else experiencing a higher-than-average rate of 'mechanical errors' with the books they are getting back -- books that are crooked in their holders and have to be returned for reholdering? :taptaptap:

I had 1 out of 12 from the batch I got back this month, and 2 out of 8 from my October batch.

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Is anyone else experiencing a higher-than-average rate of 'mechanical errors' with the books they are getting back -- books that are crooked in their holders and have to be returned for reholdering? :taptaptap:

I had 1 out of 12 from the batch I got back this month, and 2 out of 8 from my October batch.

I remember books that looked "iffy", but in reality I didn't know if they needed to be reholdered...... :sorry: 

More to me I've got back books that are all the way to the right inside the slab, if that makes sense, like there is more clear plastic on the left than the right side. It sat in the holder ok so I didn't worry about it, but it did make me ??? 

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I remember books that looked "iffy", but in reality I didn't know if they needed to be reholdered...... :sorry: 

More to me I've got back books that are all the way to the right inside the slab, if that makes sense, like there is more clear plastic on the left than the right side. It sat in the holder ok so I didn't worry about it, but it did make me ??? 

Right. I'd probably file that under 'legitimately annoying but not worth pursuing'.

These are definitely holder errors I'm describing, where either the book's cover or the whole book itself are askew in the inner well. I was fortunate that all three of the problem books were GVG to VG range and not ultra high grade.

4 hours ago, Wipple said:

2/21 recd 9 book economy( who uses economy anyway?).

2/24 billed and SFG

I'm exactly the same. Well, not exactly, It's only 3 books.

But they were received 2/21 & SFG on 2/24.

Plus, there is no bill. They overcharged me for the last modern sub, and I told them to put it towards this sub (it covered the whole thing)

19 minutes ago, ALM3 said:

I think I ticked off the CGC gods...90 days modern and still sitting in received.

image.thumb.png.488c9031a0bc8e5c40bce9d17c2aac99.png

You think that's bad....

image.thumb.png.396c9fd49fe776afae5acdf9627488b7.png

Finally got the CCS charge for most last week but still waiting on 1 from 10/30 to be pressed....This is on top of the fact that the books were dropped off on 10/5 and took almost a month to even get into the system. I have no doubt that C2E2 will put even more pressure on these.....

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

What did they say when you called them?

I haven't called.  Its not like customer service can do anything to affect the pace of grading.  Even if they could, I don't want graders to get the book knowing that I was "that guy" when evaluating the book

(I know they don't know whose book it is...but don't tempt fate)

7 minutes ago, ALM3 said:

I haven't called.  Its not like customer service can do anything to affect the pace of grading.  Even if they could, I don't want graders to get the book knowing that I was "that guy" when evaluating the book

Call them. There might be something wrong with the orders. Don’t be bashful, they’re your books. At the very least you’ll get peace of mind.

10 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:
20 minutes ago, ALM3 said:

Call them. There might be something wrong with the orders. Don’t be bashful, they’re your books. At the very least you’ll get peace of mind.

+1