• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, eselrod said:

Question, turnaround time on reholder

Received book in damaged slab, no damage to shipping box at all so had to leave the shop in this shape which I'm a little frustrated by.  They allowed me to return it due to mechanical error to reholder free of charge.  I was under the impression this would be expedited through the process since it was clearly a problem on their end but doesn't look to be the case.  Book shows received 2/24.  Looking like it's going to be every bit of standard reholder estimated timing and maybe then some.  Anybody had this done lately?  Hoping they wrap it up this week....

I had a ME reholder received on 3/6 and went to Grading/QC on 3/12.

15 minutes ago, eselrod said:

Well I don't definitely won't hit that timing, still holding at Received 14 business days later...

Might be worth a quick email to submissions@cgccomics.com to see what’s up.

Did you write “ME” on all sides of your box for expedited service?

2 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Might be worth a quick email to submissions@cgccomics.com to see what’s up.

Did you write “ME” on all sides of your box for expedited service?

yes, all 6 sides of the container.  I think I'm going to contact them, thanks

On 3/12/2020 at 9:26 AM, eselrod said:

Question, turnaround time on reholder

Received book in damaged slab, no damage to shipping box at all so had to leave the shop in this shape which I'm a little frustrated by.  They allowed me to return it due to mechanical error to reholder free of charge.  I was under the impression this would be expedited through the process since it was clearly a problem on their end but doesn't look to be the case.  Book shows received 2/24.  Looking like it's going to be every bit of standard reholder estimated timing and maybe then some.  Anybody had this done lately?  Hoping they wrap it up this week....

Was it just one book or did it arrive with a bunch of others? I'm just curious how the damage could be missed if it was just a single submission.

All books Non Fast Track. Updates in red.

VALUE 1 Book
CCS Received: 10/14/19
CCS Billed: 2/6/20
CGC Received: 2/19/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/10/20

SS MODERN 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/30/19
CCS Billed: 2/14/20
CGC Received: 3/12/20
CGC Billed: 3/13/20

SS MODERN 13 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/29/19
CCS Billed: 2/13/20
CGC Received & Billed: 3/11/20

SS ECONOMY 1 Book - Submitted @ NYCC
CGC Received & Billed: 3/11/20

SS MODERN MAGAZINE 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CGC Received: 3/10/20
CGC Billed: 3/11/20

VALUE 2 Books
CGC Received: 2/18/20

Happy Friday, everyone. 

1154387263_ScreenShot2020-03-13at8_11_19PM.png.bed9c01bfc7c0d39d620849f509cf043.png

17 hours ago, comixry said:

Was it just one book or did it arrive with a bunch of others? I'm just curious how the damage could be missed if it was just a single submission.

2 books were submitted but one went through CCS so had different return schedules. 2 corners were crushed.

0EE537F9-968E-4F54-B425-9FBEFC152853.jpeg

C45622FB-9ADD-4B86-866F-08E1855BCF02.jpeg

New federal recommendations as of yesterday suggests to avoid gathering of 10 or more. In workplace environments such as CGC that seems almost impossible. Grading/encapsulation/shipping can't be done from home. Seriously though, any thoughts on how this will affect your guys' decision to submit more comics for grading? Turnaround times could speed up drastically if less submissions or grind to a halt if not enough graders to grade, right?

4 minutes ago, bronzejunkie said:

Sweet!-- I have 50 received on 2/24. Looking forward to seeing that beautiful 'shipped'-- Great time to send books in-- Blazing fast!

My modern slow 18 books recieved 2/14 has been at SFG for awhile now.. hoping it'll not get stuck in Florida for the Spring 

Edited by Rhymenoceros