• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Modern standard track 18 books

Received 2/14

CC charged 2/17

SFG 3/9

Grading/QC  3/19

:news: Shipped 3/20!

16 x 9.8s and 2 x 9.6s, so not too shabby :banana: 

The two 9.6s were Darth Vader #3. It was super weird since I got the two books from completely different places, I think even different years, but they had the same small indent on the front cover. I thought it might have been treated as a printing defect but ah well. Either that or maybe some slight ink rub on the back since the back cover is heavy black. No graders notes. 
I can't complain overall! Very happy with the rest of the books. I've needed a win with this madness going on. 

Edited by Rhymenoceros

21 hours ago, jdw1991 said:

Modern Slow Track/CCS

Received-11/4/2019

Billed CCS-2/18/2020

Received CGC-3/19/2020

Hmmm so it took just over 3 months for CCS to be billed.  they received mine on Jan. 15 and it's March 20.....so another month at CCS???? oy:)

3 hours ago, Etreiw said:

Hmmm so it took just over 3 months for CCS to be billed.  they received mine on Jan. 15 and it's March 20.....so another month at CCS???? oy:)

CCS was at 75-80 working days when I submitted.  The wait was expected.  I think I should have the books back by end of April.

16 hours ago, Battletoads82 said:

Shipped today. I need to learn to grade (:

You peeked at your grades :whatthe:

Before you send your books to CGC next time visit the PGM forum. Some of the best “amateur” graders will give you their grade for your books. Just make sure you you stick to the guidelines for posting.

This is also a great place to hone your grading skills too! (thumbsu

Welcome to the boards!

5 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

You peeked at your grades :whatthe:

Before you send your books to CGC next time visit the PGM forum. Some of the best “amateur” graders will give you their grade for your books. Just make sure you you stick to the guidelines for posting.

This is also a great place to hone your grading skills too! (thumbsu

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks! I took your advice and posted over in the PGM forum. ! Stay safe.

Anyone know if CCS bills you when they start the process of pressing your comic or after they finished. Im just wondering about my turnaround time, I sent 5 books received 2/20, CCS billed 3/10. Thank you for anyone responding, this is my first post

On 3/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, Mtrx_25 said:

Anyone know if CCS bills you when they start the process of pressing your comic or after they finished. Im just wondering about my turnaround time, I sent 5 books received 2/20, CCS billed 3/10. Thank you for anyone responding, this is my first post

From past experience, CCS typically presses the books about 3-4 weeks after they bill you. 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, Mtrx_25 said:

CCS bills you before they press, but if your comics is better after pressing, they can up-charge you (which I gladly paid and will paid).

Edited by bloodwings19

On 3/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, eselrod said:

Question, turnaround time on reholder

Received book in damaged slab, no damage to shipping box at all so had to leave the shop in this shape which I'm a little frustrated by.  They allowed me to return it due to mechanical error to reholder free of charge.  I was under the impression this would be expedited through the process since it was clearly a problem on their end but doesn't look to be the case.  Book shows received 2/24.  Looking like it's going to be every bit of standard reholder estimated timing and maybe then some.  Anybody had this done lately?  Hoping they wrap it up this week....

Received the book yesterday, 4 weeks 1 day from received status.  I called last week and was able to get someone to push it through.

• 17 Modern
    • Received 2/18/2020
    • Sent for Grading 3/11/2020
    • Grading / Quality Control 3/23/2020
  • 50 (9.8) Pre-screen moderns
    • Received 3/13/2020
  • 20 Modern
    • Received 3/13/2020
  • 32 (9.6) Pre-screen modern
    • Received 1/30/2020
    • Sent for Grading 3/10/2020
    • Graded 3/12/2020