• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

CHECK USPS.COM FOR UPDATES (bottom of their main page) ON SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND/OR CLOSURES.

Guys, just a heads up if any of are planning to submit now (or have submitted) and using USPS Registered mail as a return option. There seems to be services that have been impacted in certain locations in several states. Also, apparently the USPS isn't part of the $2 trillion federal stimulus package and may need to shut down by June:  https://fortune.com/2020/03/30/usps-postal-service-stimulus-package-no-funding-post-office-mail-delivery-could-shutter-june-coronavirus-relief-bill/

27 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Non Fast Track.  

SS MODERN 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/30/19
CCS Billed: 2/14/20
CGC Received: 3/12/20
CGC Billed: 3/13/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/17/20
Grading / Quality Control: 3/30/20
Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 4/1/20

:makepoint:

9 hours ago, Chazgee said:

:baiting: 

Florida Governor Issues Coronavirus Stay-at-home Order After Heavy Criticism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/01/coronavirus-florida-desantis/

Looks like we may not see much movement here until May, at the earliest.

If someone told me back in the beginning of January that in three months time that my comic book hobby would stop on a dime, I would laugh and laugh and laugh, afterall what are the odds of that ever happening?...…….

Having monitored CISA, Treasury, and DHS advisories on what constitutes an "Essential Service/Workforce" for my own workplace, I can guarantee you, collectibles do not fit the bill. But even my city that's had increasingly more restrictive measures until a full lockdown last week, some businesses are still running even though they don't fit definition either. In my estimation, CGC should probably comply w/Gov DeSantis' order, but whether they will? Dunno. Have to wait for their announcements.  

That said, I may have come in just under the wire - VERY long wait: 

Modern submission w/CCS Pressing x5
Received: 10/31/2019
CCS Charged: 2/18/2020 
CGC Rcvd Email: 3/18/2020
CGC Charged: 3/19/2020
SFG: 3/18/2020
Grading/QC:3/31/2020
F/I/S: 4/2/2020

13 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

Has CGC made any statement now that the announcement has been made for non-essential businesses to close?

From CGC News page::

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/

4/2/2020

CGC remains open and fully operational at its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters and its office in London.

CGC meets a number of criteria for essential services according to Florida Executive Order 20-91, issued on April 1 by Governor DeSantis. The Executive Order specifically defines “essential services” to include, among many others, businesses that interact with customers electronically or by telephone and deliver products through the mail, manufacturing facilities, businesses that supply other essential businesses, and businesses that provide access to financial services, including non-bank financial services.

In addition to the enhanced cleaning and safety protocols previously instituted, including frequent cleanings of all work areas, CGC has taken the following immediate steps:

• All customer drop-offs and pick-ups at its Sarasota headquarters, including the recently implemented Contactless Curbside Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs, have been suspended.
  • Any additional employees who have been identified as being able to do a substantial portion of their work from home will be required to do so.

CGC Customer Service representatives are working from home and remain available to help. The fastest way to reach CGC Customer Service is to email Service@CGCcomics.com.

6 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

4/2/2020

CGC remains open and fully operational at its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters and its office in London.

CGC meets a number of criteria for essential services according to Florida Executive Order 20-91, issued on April 1 by Governor DeSantis. The Executive Order specifically defines “essential services” to include, among many others, businesses that interact with customers electronically or by telephone and deliver products through the mail, manufacturing facilities, businesses that supply other essential businesses, and businesses that provide access to financial services, including non-bank financial services.

In addition to the enhanced cleaning and safety protocols previously instituted, including frequent cleanings of all work areas, CGC has taken the following immediate steps:

• All customer drop-offs and pick-ups at its Sarasota headquarters, including the recently implemented Contactless Curbside Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs, have been suspended.
  • Any additional employees who have been identified as being able to do a substantial portion of their work from home will be required to do so.

CGC Customer Service representatives are working from home and remain available to help. The fastest way to reach CGC Customer Service is to email Service@CGCcomics.com.

Success!!

16 hours ago, Battletoads82 said:

Sent a batch in that should of been delivered by now but haven't shown up in my submissions yet. I sent them before the announcement of Florida shutting down. Should I be concerned?  

Got put into received today. Sigh of relief for me.

17 hours ago, Battletoads82 said:

Sent a batch in that should of been delivered by now but haven't shown up in my submissions yet. I sent them before the announcement of Florida shutting down. Should I be concerned?  

Concerned about your comics, or catching coronavirus? 

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

4/2/2020

CGC does not seem to be an essential service at all; they're using a very large general definition 'interact with customers electronically', to justify a service that is definitely not crucial for their own operating benefit.

Then again, Florida hasn't been doing very much to curb COVID-19 which is why they have so many reported cases.  

Edited by spreads

Non-Fast Track SS MODERN 13 Books - Submitted @ NYCC 10/5/19
CCS Received: 10/29/19
CCS Billed: 2/13/20
CGC Received & Billed: 3/11/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/16/20
Grading / Quality Control: 4/2/20

Non-Fast Track VALUE 2 Books
CGC Received: 2/18/20
CGC Billed: 2/26/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/31/20
Grading / Quality Control: 4/2/20

Non-Fast Track SS MODERN MAGAZINE 1 Books
CGC Received: 3/16/20
CGC Billed: 3/30/20

Non-Fast Track VALUE 1 Book
CGC Received & Billed: 3/30/20

Non-Fast Track VALUE 2 Books

Fast Track SS MODERN 1 Book

Edited by Chazgee

12 hours ago, spreads said:

CGC does not seem to be an essential service at all; they're using a very large general definition 'interact with customers electronically', to justify a service that is definitely not crucial for their own operating benefit.

Then again, Florida hasn't been doing very much to curb COVID-19 which is why they have so many reported cases.  

I'm kinda of shocked about their understanding of essential services.  A comic book is simply a comic book, I for one don't want anyone dying from virus in result of interacting with society while going to and from the work complex when a lot of people in North America like here in Edmonton, Alberta are being told to STAY HOME......