• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

On business day 86 now. CCS billed. No change in status. Current turn around rate went from 90 to 95 business days. All for the low low price of 120 bucks per book...

I'm currently sitting at 87 days with CCS billing on 3/14.

51 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

how much are you paying for this fast track value stuff that gets done in a week?  500 per book?

Secret cure for Coronavirus, and a case of Coronas for good measure!

Edited by spreads

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

how much are you paying for this fast track value stuff that gets done in a week?  500 per book?

an extra $10 per book :foryou: I'm not paying it as it adds up, but still, it's not that much more :wishluck: 

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

an extra $10 per book :foryou: I'm not paying it as it adds up, but still, it's not that much more :wishluck: 

I was paying $500 per book (shrug)

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

I got thrown off when he said "value", I thought he meant "value tier"

A tier that gets done in a week, $500 probably, sure (thumbsu

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
14 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I got thrown off when he said "value", I thought he meant "value tier"

A tier that gets done in a week, $500 probably, sure (thumbsu

To give an actual answer, the last time I submitted through the regular non-fast track Value tier, the books took 6 months. That was hard to tolerate. So now I just pay the extra $10 for fast track, which has gotten very speedy.

Philosophically I disagree with the very existence of even having a fast track option since you are incentivizing the service provider to charge more for a service they should already be providing.

But here we are. You got me, CGC!

2 Non-Fast Track SS MODERN MAGAZINE - Submitted @ NYCC 10/5/19
CCS Received: 10/29/19
CCS Billed: 2/13/20
CGC Received: 3/10/20
CGC Billed: 3/11/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/27/20
Grading / Quality Control: 4/15/20

1 Non-Fast Track SS MODERN MAGAZINE
CGC Received: 3/16/20
CGC Billed: 3/30/20
Scheduled for Grading: 4/3/20

6 hours ago, Ryan. said:

To give an actual answer, the last time I submitted through the regular non-fast track Value tier, the books took 6 months. That was hard to tolerate. So now I just pay the extra $10 for fast track, which has gotten very speedy.

Philosophically I disagree with the very existence of even having a fast track option since you are incentivizing the service provider to charge more for a service they should already be providing.

But here we are. You got me, CGC!

I’m all for the fast track option. Allowing me to pay a little more for a faster turnaround...I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting those presents! Although I’m also the type to pay more for a private tour over a group tour and reserved seats at a theater over general seating. If only I could buy unlimited Fast Passes at Disney World!

Just now, loganparker said:

I’m all for the fast track option. Allowing me to pay a little more for a faster turnaround...I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting those presents! Although I’m also the type to pay more for a private tour over a group tour and reserved seats at a theater over general seating. If only I could buy unlimited Fast Passes at Disney World!

it is funny, I am the exact opposite. I have never paid fast track and do not expect that I ever will. I subbed a book for a friend recently and told him to forget it even exists; it will show when it shows.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Karl Liebl said:

On business day 86 now. CCS billed. No change in status. Current turn around rate went from 90 to 95 business days. All for the low low price of 120 bucks per book...

You know I'm new to this whole slabbing thing and my initial plan was I would not send my second batch of raw old comics until my first batch of newly minted slabs came back to me.  With supposedly signature signings coming up in June of this year (Of course it depends if the virus will allow that to happen) I find myself prepping my second batch cause prior to joining CGC, I have had artists sign some of my favorite books but course there were no official witness but me. ;) It would be nice to get some yellow slabs as I start to reinvest in my comic collection.

As I'm deciding which raw comics to send off, I thought how many crazy collectors would just send off a comic that consists of the artist/writer work but others would likely question, why would yout that signed/slab if it's not a key issue? Just so that it would be the only one shown on the census. :)  This stay at home thing is driving me nuts with thoughts like that! :)

As I have mentioned early on in this thread....CGC accepted my comics on Jan 15,  Credit Bill was received from CCS so they either still working on them or being shipped back to CGC......

Edited by Etreiw

Just now, catch21 said:
3 Book Fast Track SS Modern with Fast Press
CCS Received: 02/10/20
CCS Billed: 3/17/20
CGC Received & Billed:4/13/20
Scheduled for Grading: 4/14/20

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: ?

Based on the data here, fast track or non fast track, it looks like there is a 4 day wait from Grading/Quality Control to finalized/Imaged/Shipped.   I guess we will see  Monday for me?

I think older books are really getting the shaft by CGC. Why do different tiers even exist?  A book is a book. All books should cost the same. I bet that would deter many from submitting carp like micronaughts or she hulk. But then they lose 90 percent of their business. After this submission I’m done. Sure submit what you want but pay for equally. Maybe I’m just grumpy and lucky to have some older stuff but sheesh 6 months is way too long. It’s interesting. The last two comic shops I visited don’t like CGC books. Maybe it’s too costly for them both in time and money...