• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,970 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Chazgee said:

Did these go to CCS?

Yup.  They have done all my pressing.  Mostly I’m happy with the service but I do think one got damaged. It’s just 60 year old newspaper. I will be happy to purchase CGC books in the future but my submissions will be done. Too expensive 

3 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Yup.  They have done all my pressing.  Mostly I’m happy with the service but I do think one got damaged. It’s just 60 year old newspaper. I will be happy to purchase CGC books in the future but my submissions will be done. Too expensive 

CCS has terribly long turnaround. They received a book from me last May 21st and didn't press it until November.

Also, unsure why your submissions are $120 per book. Even with pressing, that seems high. I've submitted over 200 books, mostly Silver, Bronze & Modern, and never had a sub that expensive.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:54 PM, Chazgee said:

Non-Fast Track Value 2 Books
CGC Received & Billed: 3/30/20
Scheduled for Grading: 4/17/20

Holy shib.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, Bird said:

it is funny, I am the exact opposite. I have never paid fast track and do not expect that I ever will. I subbed a book for a friend recently and told him to forget it even exists; it will show when it shows.

I'm the same way.  I find if you send a submission or 2 a month, they stagger out and something is always ready to arrive.  

2 hours ago, Chazgee said:

Non-Fast Track Value 2 Books
CGC Received & Billed: 3/30/20
Scheduled for Grading: 4/17/20
Grading / Quality Control: 4/20/20

That’s awesome! Their site states the turnaround time for non-fast track Value is 50 days and fast track is 15 days. I just wasted $200 on fast tracking my last  group of Value books...unnnlesss... they’ve already been scheduled for grading even though they haven’t been received yet!

1 hour ago, loganparker said:

That’s awesome! Their site states the turnaround time for non-fast track Value is 50 days and fast track is 15 days. I just wasted $200 on fast tracking my last  group of Value books...unnnlesss... they’ve already been scheduled for grading even though they haven’t been received yet!

Pretty sure the reason for this trend in quicker turnarounds is the lack of convention submissions. Probably the same reason they're setting up all these In House Signings. It benefits their clients and, more importantly, makes up for their loss of convention revenue.  Win/win. 

Edited by Chazgee

9 hours ago, loganparker said:

I normally submit my books at shows. What’s the typical timeframe for an order mailed to CGC to be recorded as “Received” on their website from the time they’re delivered/received to/by CGC? Thanks 

I only ever send mine direct. If sub is delivered Mon-Wed, it's usually marked received same week. If it's delivered Thurs or Fri, it's marked received the next week by Wednesday. This is in contrast to TATs I've seen of submitters at shows, where it can take anywhere from couple days to 2 weeks for a convention submission to be marked received. 

10 minutes ago, skybolt said:

10 Moderns Slow Track

Received by CCS - 12/6/2019

Received and Billed by CGC - 4/15/2020

Scheduled for Grading - 4/21/2020

what happened here? Is 4 months normal for CCS? 

1 hour ago, Bird said:

what happened here? Is 4 months normal for CCS? 

For slow track the current turnaround time is 95 business days. Mine took about 90 business days to press.

3 minutes ago, skybolt said:

For slow track the current turnaround time is 95 business days. Mine took about 90 business days to press.

I don't use CCS so I didn't realize that CGC TATs counted the time at CCS. So you are saying they should be done by next week? Almost there!

Edited by Bird