• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I don't use CCS so I didn't realize that CGC TATs counted the time at CCS. So you are saying they should be done by next week? Almost there!

Good question. I'm really note sure. Based on CGC current turnaround times, grading should take about 5 to 6 weeks. Reading the last couple of pages, it appears that people have been getting their books back quicker than that. However, my gut tells me that although they are scheduled for grading, it'll likely take a few more weeks to actually grade them. I'll provide an update.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, Karl Liebl said:

I think older books are really getting the shaft by CGC. Why do different tiers even exist?  A book is a book. All books should cost the same. I bet that would deter many from submitting carp like micronaughts or she hulk. But then they lose 90 percent of their business. After this submission I’m done. Sure submit what you want but pay for equally. Maybe I’m just grumpy and lucky to have some older stuff but sheesh 6 months is way too long. It’s interesting. The last two comic shops I visited don’t like CGC books. Maybe it’s too costly for them both in time and money...

Of course they don't. That would be because they can't take their Fine books and grade them as NM and price them accordingly. 95% of shops I've visited in the last 25+ years either can't grade or intentionally overgrade. Interestingly, the "can't grade" crowd always falls in the direction of overgrading and not undergrading... but I'm sure that's completely coincidental:eyeroll:

For the people asking about my cost estimate. ..  it was 45 buck to ship the books via fedex ground but I bought a box too for about 10 bucks. Shipped on dec 14 and received Jan 2. Silly for me to send during holidays!  CCS bill for economy I think the bill was charged at 256 ?  Grading at economy around 40 bucks each. Then there is shipping choice back. I called and they said pressing time is up to 95 business days from 90. So it’s going to be 5 months just for the press. That’s what I get for going economy!

13 minutes ago, bug33fouf said:

Is CGC accepting submissions now?

yes indeed

https://www.cgccomics.com/

top of  the screen...

and after clicking

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8197/

CGC Remains Open and Fully Operational

Posted on 4/1/2020

CGC will provide updates on its operations during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation here.

4/2/2020

CGC remains open and fully operational at its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters and its office in London.

CGC meets a number of criteria for essential services according to Florida Executive Order 20-91, issued on April 1 by Governor DeSantis. The Executive Order specifically defines “essential services” to include, among many others, businesses that interact with customers electronically or by telephone and deliver products through the mail, manufacturing facilities, businesses that supply other essential businesses, and businesses that provide access to financial services, including non-bank financial services.

In addition to the enhanced cleaning and safety protocols previously instituted, including frequent cleanings of all work areas, CGC has taken the following immediate steps:

• All customer drop-offs and pick-ups at its Sarasota headquarters, including the recently implemented Contactless Curbside Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs, have been suspended.
  • Any additional employees who have been identified as being able to do a substantial portion of their work from home will be required to do so.

CGC Customer Service representatives are working from home and remain available to help. The fastest way to reach CGC Customer Service is to email Service@CGCcomics.com.

4/1/2020

Developing…

In a press conference on April 1, Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida said that he would be issuing a statewide “stay-at-home” mandate effective Thursday night at midnight. The Executive Order is expected to be signed later this afternoon.

Based on the information currently available, CGC expects its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters to be open tomorrow, April 2. Once the Executive Order has been signed, CGC will analyze and provide an update on its operations.

3/18/2020

The coronavirus COVID-19 has already had a dramatic impact on the comic book hobby. Shows around the world have been postponed or cancelled, and virtually every dealer has already seen their business affected.

During this unprecedented situation, our thoughts are with our incredible community of comic collectors and dealers. The comic book market is remarkably resilient and it will bounce back, as it always has when faced with challenges.

Now and in the future, CGC is here to help. Our global offices remain open at full capacity, but with enhanced cleaning and safety procedures.

Our group of companies has a large presence in China, and our comprehensive response to COVID-19 allowed our Shanghai and Hong Kong offices to remain fully operational for the last six weeks. We have implemented the same procedures at our other locations and continue to operate at full capacity.

For those of you who are at home, you can pass the time by expanding your knowledge at CGCcomics.com. All of CGC’s online educational resources are available for free.

Most importantly, please stay safe and remember — we will get through this, together.

Best wishes,
CGC

On 4/9/2020 at 6:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Before I forget... because I did forget :insane:

Reholder... mechanical error

Arrived 4/8/2020

Received 4/8/2020

:download:

Might have happened yesterday, but I DO SEE it today and didn't happen when I checked on last Monday lol today is Wednesday ha!

4/22/2020 Grading/QC 

:) 

9 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Why is modern slow track faster than economy?

There is a possibility that CGC received my books from CCS earlier than the recorded time, and are factoring in that wait to grade the books. I've had that happen on a couple of previous submittals.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 4/9/2020 at 6:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Before I forget... because I did forget :insane:

Reholder... mechanical error

Arrived 4/8/2020

Received 4/8/2020

:download:

Might have happened yesterday, but I DO SEE it today and didn't happen when I checked on last Monday lol today is Wednesday ha!

4/22/2020 Grading/QC 

:) 

4/22/2020 Finalized/Image/Shipped

Presumably same day? :takeit: 

2 Non-Fast Track SS MODERN MAGAZINE - Submitted @ NYCC 10/5/19
CCS Received: 10/29/19
CCS Billed: 2/13/20
CGC Received: 3/10/20
CGC Billed: 3/11/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/27/20
Grading / Quality Control: 4/15/20
Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 4/22/20

Non-Fast Track Value 2 Books
CGC Received & Billed: 3/30/20
Scheduled for Grading: 4/17/20
Grading / Quality Control: 4/20/20
Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 4/22/20

Modern Quick Press (25 Books)
Delivered to CGC 02/06/20
Received 02/07/20
At CCS 02/20/20

Modern Full Press Fast Track (12 Books)
Delivered to CGC 02/06/20
Received 02/07/20
At CCS 02/20/20
Back at CGC 04/06/20
Scheduled for Grading 04/09/20
Graded 04/09/20
Shipped 04/13/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 03/25/20
Received 03/27/20
Scheduled for Grading 04/17/20
Graded 04/22/20
Shipped 04/23/20

Not too bad (44) 9.8s and (6) 9.6

20 hours ago, loganparker said:

Fast Track Value - 21 Books

-Delivered 4/17/2020

-Received 4/21/2020

-Scheduled for grading 4/22/2020

Great. Pile over the top of my books even though I paid triple and waiting 4 months. This system is seriously broken