• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ok now it's teetering on unfair that mine were received the 5/13th and not "SFG" yet lol @Number 6

giphy_27.gif

Well, if it makes you feel any better...or maybe it will make you feel worse, but here it goes...I sent a batch of books to a presser who then sent them to on to CGC. He sent me the CGC invoice for those on 4/25. 

Now I don’t know exactly when he mailed them or when they were received by CGC but I’m pretty sure they got there before my 5/13 submission.  All were straight Modern. 

So I don’t anticipate anything happening with my 5/13 submission until I hear back about my 4/25 submission. 

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better...or maybe it will make you feel worse, but here it goes...I sent a batch of books to a presser who then sent them to on to CGC. He sent me the CGC invoice for those on 4/25. 

Now I don’t know exactly when he mailed them or when they were received by CGC but I’m pretty sure they got there before my 5/13 submission.  All were straight Modern. 

So I don’t anticipate anything happening with my 5/13 submission until I hear back about my 4/25 submission. 

I hear you, I'm not upset, this all was tongue and cheek, but it does make me want to keep track of it now lol I've had it update later before and then in quick succession.....

It's just good to document, in case something does happen :) 

2 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:

REHOLDER COMICS x 3 (Mechanical Error)

Received- 5/19/20

Grading/Quality Control- 5/27/20 (8 days, 5 business days)

MODERN COMICS x 19 W/ CCS SERVICES

Received- 3/5/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email- 4/30/20 (56 days, 40 business days)

CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email- ?

VALUE COMICS x 13 W/ CCS SERVICES

Received- 3/5/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email- 4/30/20 (56 days, 40 business days)

CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email- ?

Come on CCS! Keep rowing.

ZWSD2F.gif

Once you get the payment acknowledgment does that mean they are now starting work with the books?

Also, will you tell us which tier you used with CCS?

I’m unsure of that step

Edited by GLCBrad

4 minutes ago, GLCBrad said:

Once you get the payment acknowledgment does that mean they are now starting work with the books?

Also, will you tell us which tier you used with CCS?

I’m unsure of that step

Q: Once you get the payment acknowledgment does that mean they are now starting work with the books?

A: My understanding is yes. Once you get payment acknowledgement they put hands on the books and start working with them. In a previous economy tier submission they were received on 1/14/20, I got the CCS payment email on 4/6/20 (83 days, 56 business days) and the CGC submission acknowledgement email on 4/28/20 (22 days, 16 business days). At the time I think the CCS estimate for economy services was 90 business days and it took 72 business days. When I received the CGC submission email I concluded that was the point when CCS services were finished and they had changed hands to CGC for slabbing.

The tier is determined by whatever FMV you assign to the books for CGC and CCS services. You can choose to move them up to a higher tier or fast track them if you want but turnaround times are pretty quick right now so I wouldn't do that.

7 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I would advise some of you should not post your invoice numbers or order numbers 

Do you mean nefarious circumstances?

I would hope not from boardies, but you're probably right....

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
13 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I would advise some of you should not post your invoice numbers or order numbers 

I went back and deleted the ones I quoted too

Thanks for the heads up, cause I sometimes forget that people can read the boards and not be logged in or even a member

Not to mention any vendettas lol

:tink:

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
19 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I went back and deleted the ones I quoted too

Thanks for the heads up, cause I sometimes forget that people can read the boards and not be logged in or even a member

Not to mention any vendettas lol

:tink:

Sorry to have quoted you in the 1st place @Number 6 that's my bad, I should have thought of it too, and thanks @jsilverjanet

10 minutes ago, greggy said:

2 May 13th regular moderns at grading/QC

@1Cool

I dont get a mention though mine received same day, but thanks for the :whee:

Update :takeit:

And now back to your regular scheduled programming :tink:

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I dont get a mention though mine received same day, but thanks for the :whee:

Update :takeit:

And now back to your regular scheduled programming :tink:

I know you troll this thread so you would read it regardless. 

Just now, greggy said:

I know you troll this thread so you would read it regardless. 

Troll? Touche greggy! Touche I say!:tink:

but yes I like to hear TAT, people getting books, and update on mine :headbang:

So technically you're not wrong (: