• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

7 Business days in CCS charged my CC for the WT book.  I know the website says a 10 day turnaround, but still you'd hope at the amount of money I'm paying in pressing and grading for one book (not to mention shipping to Canada) it would be quicker.  If the grading is anything more than a day I'm causing a mess storm! lol

Edited by spreads

12 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:

Wow! 1 business day from received to scheduled for grading for value tier? Did you fast track?

Here is what I’ve learned about the difference between Value and Modern tier submission schedules.

• Modern-Rec. 6/1.(thumbsu...:juggle:...SFG 6/15.:banana:.G/QC 6/16.(worship).FIS 6/17 :x
  • Value-Rec.    6/1.(thumbsu.SFG 6/2.:banana:... .:juggle:...G/QC 6/17.(worship)..FIS 6/19 :x

Make sense?

Modern subs go SFG right before grading and Value subs go to SFG right after receiving.

2 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Here is what I’ve learned about the difference between Value and Modern tier submission schedules.

• Modern-Rec. 6/1.(thumbsu...:juggle:...SFG 6/15.:banana:.G/QC 6/16.(worship).FIS 6/17 :x
  • Value-Rec.    6/1.(thumbsu.SFG 6/2.:banana:... .:juggle:...G/QC 6/17.(worship)..FIS 6/19 :x

Make sense?

Modern subs go SFG right before grading and Value subs go to SFG right after receiving.

This is a complete anomaly, up until the past more or two Value subs had the worst TATs out there!  They should have named it, 'Slow tier'.

Edited by spreads
edit

2 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Make sense?

That's interesting. Roughly the same overall timeline for both tiers though.

I called CGC about another matter last week and they told me the TAT for value was 50 days and 20 for modern right now .

Based on all the current value and modern tiers reported in this thread the TAT is much faster than 50 and 20.

33 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I called CGC about another matter last week and they told me the TAT for value was 50 days and 20 for modern right now .

Based on all the current value and modern tiers reported in this thread the TAT is much faster than 50 and 20.

I should have said that this is based on my recent experience In May when I sent a Modern and a Value submission together. The dates are somewhat irrelevant.:foryou: 

The point was that;

• Modern subs have been going to SFG right before grading starts, but
  • Value subs go to SFG right after being received at CGC.

That’s what I experienced and seems to be the same behavior other boardies are discussing.

1 hour ago, PickleRick1216 said:

Here are the TATs reported on this board within the last ~30 days

All Non-Fast Tracked (no. of working days) :

• Modern: 12,12,12,12,12,11,12,13
  • Value: 13,12,13,14
  • Economy: 13

There is the “stated” TATS, then there’s reality B|

I also snapped this from the site on 5/28. It was updated later that day hm

105E25F4-9863-4560-9F54-BF4BBD453C54.thumb.png.5cc3dc32696255df7e648a50c5fdba97.png

Lets all enjoy while it lasts! Thanks CGC <3

Edited by ChrispyC66

22 hours ago, I like pie said:

1 modern express to CCS>CGC that was delivered and received on 5/22. They just billed me for the CCS portion, so I assumed it's on it's way to CGC. Nope. Just started today:cry:

This just happened to me, I had a Walk Through book received on the 22nd and it sat for five days before CCS receiving it on the 1st.  I might see if there's anything they can do to speed it up, I think I'm taking a break from CCS for awhile....

54 minutes ago, spreads said:

This just happened to me, I had a Walk Through book received on the 22nd and it sat for five days before CCS receiving it on the 1st.  I might see if there's anything they can do to speed it up, I think I'm taking a break from CCS for awhile....

They upgraded my grading to walkthrough. If I were you, I'd ask for the price difference between tiers as a credit.

36 minutes ago, I like pie said:

They upgraded my grading to walkthrough. If I were you, I'd ask for the price difference between tiers as a credit.

I think a price discount is more favorable than an upgrade, given how short the TATs are for all tiers....at least they gave you something. 

Woo-hoo! My batch of books for the Clayton Crain signing are already marked Grading/QC! Wasn't expecting any movement there until Monday when Con was completed. FWIW, my books were marked received 5/11. Will post the full status change dates when i get to F/I/S stage. 

Express, 2 books
Signed for by CGC 6/3
Received 6/4
Scheduled For Grading 6/5
Grading/QC 6/8 AM
CC Charged (for entire order of both tiers) 6/8 AM

---------

Standard, 6 books
Signed for by CGC 6/3
Received 6/4
Scheduled For Grading 6/5
Grading/QC 6/8 PM

Edited by Rhymenoceros

MODERN COMICS x 19 W/ CCS SERVICES

Received- 3/5/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email- 4/30/20 (56 days, 40 business days)

CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email- 6/1/20 (32 days, 21 business days)

CGC Payment Acknowledgement Email- 6/3/20 (2 days, 1 business day)

Scheduled for Grading- 6/4/20 (1 day, 1 business day)

Grading/Quality Control- 6/5/20 (1 day, 1 business day)

VALUE COMICS x 13 W/ CCS SERVICES

Received- 3/5/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email- 4/30/20 (56 days, 40 business days)

CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email- 6/2/20 (33 days, 22 business days)

CGC Payment Acknowledgement Email- 6/3/20 (1 day, 1 business day)

GaseousVengefulBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

I was kinda of surprised of getting a heads up that my signature books of Clayton Crain was scheduled for grading already, must have been a fast presstime , I assuming because maybe they are newer books?????

On 6/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Woo-hoo! My batch of books for the Clayton Crain signing are already marked Grading/QC! Wasn't expecting any movement there until Monday when Con was completed. FWIW, my books were marked received 5/11. Will post the full status change dates when i get to F/I/S stage. 

Even faster results than I expected! CGC is really kicking butt on TATs right now. Real excited to get them back in mail. 

InHouse Signing (Clayton Crain) x3

Delivered: 5/8/2020
CGC Rcvd: 5/11/2020
CGC Charged: 5/11/2020
SFG: ?
Grading/QC: 6/4/2020
F/I/S: 6/5/2020

EDIT: In case anyone's looking for their Crain signings, mine indicates he signed on 6/2. I can also see some George Perez In-House have moved to SFG. Will update once completed and his signing date. 

Edited by Jaywalker0