• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2020 at 4:41 PM, electricprune said:

My 6-8 1 book Value moved to SFG today. Grading QC 6-19-2020. Shipped 6-23-2020

My 6-8 3 book Modern is still in received.

That probably doesn't happen very often.:ohnoez:

Great Value turnaround. And I think mine was actually slowed down a bit because it's a Pedigree.

49 minutes ago, ghost of the wild said:

Just mailed off my second order for grading, 5 moderns, just grade, anyone got a real time feel of how its going now??The board seems to be very confusing at this time. Thanks

Shipped back to you approximately 25 days after receipt.  Ish. 

4 hours ago, ghost of the wild said:

Just mailed off my second order for grading, 5 moderns, just grade, anyone got a real time feel of how its going now??The board seems to be very confusing at this time. Thanks

I've been tracking this thread for last couple years. With the COVID shutdown of cons, CGC worked through their backlog and about late April/early May, TATs were mind blowing. Like you could have a batch of moderns graded and back in hand in almost 3-3.5 week's time. No fast track necessary.

Now they're in the middle of grading the first rounds of a huge number of the advertised In-House Signings. That promised 3 week turnaround  prioritizes those over regular submissions (My Crane & Perez signings came back to me before 6/15). So expect delays on reg subs. I've had a modern sub, sitting at received since 6/9. Just a month ago, they would have gone to SFG within a few days and QC in about 10 business days. So be patient. 

1 hour ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I've been tracking this thread for last couple years. With the COVID shutdown of cons, CGC worked through their backlog and about late April/early May, TATs were mind blowing. Like you could have a batch of moderns graded and back in hand in almost 3-3.5 week's time. No fast track necessary.

Now they're in the middle of grading the first rounds of a huge number of the advertised In-House Signings. That promised 3 week turnaround  prioritizes those over regular submissions (My Crane & Perez signings came back to me before 6/15). So expect delays on reg subs. I've had a modern sub, sitting at received since 6/9. Just a month ago, they would have gone to SFG within a few days and QC in about 10 business days. So be patient. 

My first bunch just happened to hit during the COVID, I didn't figure in the in house signings this time around, Thanks for pointing that out to me. you know what they say.....They are right where they are supposed to be. Peace.

• Order of 64 books total
    • Signed for by CGC 5/25/2020
    • Received 6/1/2020
      • 45 @9.8 Pre-screen - Modern
        • Current Status: Received
      • 10 @ Value 
        • Scheduled for Grading 6/2/2020
        • Quality Control 6/9/2002
        • Shipped 6/10/2020
      • 1 @ Modern with Spidey Label
        • Scheduled for Grading 6/15/2020
      • 8 @ Modern 
        • Scheduled for Grading 6/15/2020
  • Order of 50 books total
    • Signed for by CGC 6/15/2020
    • Received 6/22/2020
      • 50 @9.8 Pre-screen Modern
        • Current Status: Received

7 minutes ago, thegiftedone45 said:

Just sent my first off a couple of days ago, it should get to CGC tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's quicker than 25 days (modern, no fast ship), but I'll take it.

Its currently at 18 business days for slow boat moderns but independence day may end up affecting the future

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Jordan Morris said:

So even with Express Pressing and Grading on a $400 comic it’s going to take like 3 months for me to get it back? They just received it yesterday. Just wondering how long you guys are experiencing

Express pressing only shows it taking 10 business days for that according to this link to the CGC site: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs/

when you click on CCS at that link it shows you, and it'll also show how fast your CGC grading tier is estimated.......

While someone might have the same pressing tier to update this thread for you, one of that caliber hasn't posted in a while lol 

SO 10 days is just for pressing, what grading tier? did you pick? for a $400 comic I assume you picked, 

Economy tier, which itself is at 23 business dayshttps://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/ , only at 11 business days with fast-track....

so at most 33 business days, or 6 and a half weeks, remember CGC will take off for the 4th of July :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So even with Express Pressing and Grading on a $400 comic it’s going to take like 3 months for me to get it back? They just received it yesterday. Just wondering how long you guys are experiencing

Express pressing only shows it taking 10 business days for that according to this link to the CGC site: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs/

when you click on CCS at that link it shows you, and it'll also show how fast your CGC grading tier is estimated.......

While someone might have the same pressing tier to update this thread for you, one of that caliber hasn't posted in a while lol 

SO 10 days is just for pressing, what grading tier? did you pick? for a $400 comic I assume you picked, 

Economy tier, which itself is at 23 business dayshttps://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/ , only at 11 business days with fast-track....

so at most 33 business days, or 6 and a half weeks, remember CGC will take off for the 4th of July :) 

Pressing tiers do not change with grading tiers.  Express goes with Express, Modern with Modern, etc.  Granted after pressing CGC can bump it if you have selected the incorrect tier.

So if it was sent in with the Express tier with pressing, it would currently be 10 business days for pressing and 5 business days for grading.  Not sure why you would spend that much on a $400 book unless you are hoping the press will bump it up above the $400 and $1k value of the Economy and Standard tiers.

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Edited 10 minutes ago by ADAMANTIU

If it's the express tier for pressing and grading

The links show that it's10 days for pressing

And 5days for grading

At most 15 days

The point was to point out the links for you :tink:

34 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Pressing tiers do not change with grading tiers.  Express goes with Express, Modern with Modern, etc.  Granted after pressing CGC can bump it if you have selected the incorrect tier.

So if it was sent in with the Express tier with pressing, it would currently be 10 business days for pressing and 5 business days for grading.  Not sure why you would spend that much on a $400 book unless you are hoping the press will bump it up above the $400 and $1k value of the Economy and Standard tiers.

Hoping to push it to a 9.8 with the press because it rockets in value

18 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

Hoping to push it to a 9.8 with the press because it rockets in value

Then if you did Express tier, it is expected at 15 business days total from the date it shows received.  If you submitted it yourself and have access you can track it that way.  It can be faster, it can be slower.

Good luck with your submission!

MODERN COMICS X 11 W/ CCS SERVICES

Shipped to CGC: 6/17/20

Delivered to CGC: 6/22/20

Received/CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email: 6/25/20

VALUE COMICS x 19 W/ CCS SERVICES

Delivered to CGC: 6/22/20

REHOLDER COMICS x 2

Delivered to CGC: 6/22/20

TastyImpressionableAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif

On 6/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, ghost of the wild said:

updates for those following

shipped - 6/23

received - 6/25

Received/CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email: 6/25

Edited by ghost of the wild