• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jordan Morris said:

Update. Never mind I got charged for pressing on 7/2. So my Economy fast pressing and grading was received on 6/24 and charged for pressing on 7/2. Wondering what the next steps are here. When should I expect it to be graded

It's going to be about a month or so before it heads into grading. You can see the grade your comics received when the status turns to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped. That's when you can also see an image of your graded comic if you paid for that option. Also track your package.

5 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

It's going to be about a month or so before it heads into grading. You can see the grade your comics received when the status turns to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped. That's when you can also see an image of your graded comic if you paid for that option. Also track your package.

Dang really a month? That sucks lol

• Order of 64 books total
    • Signed for by CGC 5/25/2020
    • Received 6/1/2020
      • 45 @9.8 Pre-screen - Modern
        • Scheduled for Grading 7/1/2020
        • Grading / Quality Control 7/6/2020
      • 10 @ Value 
        • Scheduled for Grading 6/2/2020
        • Quality Control 6/9/2002
        • Shipped 6/10/2020
      • 1 @ Modern with Spidey Label
        • Scheduled for Grading 6/15/2020
      • 8 @ Modern 
  • Order of 50 books total
    • Signed for by CGC 6/15/2020
    • Received 6/22/2020
      • 50 @9.8 Pre-screen Modern
        • Current Status: Received

Still very confused how the 9 regular moderns I submitted are in Scheduled for Grading 3 weeks later and the Pre-screens have beat them to Grading and Quality Control.. ??? ..I have emailed and messaged CGC over the last week. Keep getting told they are in the slabbing room. :pullhair: No one has visually checked to make sure they are actually there. This is testing the limits of my anxiety. :ohnoez: And as a glutton for punishment, I have another 68 books headed to them on Thursday... :insane:

I sent in some books for the Cates signing. One was a Venom number one from 2018, there was Zero damage to the book whatsoever the book has never been out of its bag and board from the moment I purchased it. Here are the grading notes that I just got.  How the hell is this possible????

All the other ones were a perfect 9.8 that were in this submission. What happened to this book is my question

Screenshot_20200707-125132_Chrome.jpg

• Received 6/1/2020
      • 45 @9.8 Pre-screen - Modern (19 rejected :( )
        • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped 7/7/2020
      • 10 @ Value 
        • Shipped 6/10/2020
      • 8 @ Modern 
    • Received 6/22/2020

The books on the modern that are stuck in limbo....Detective Comics 583, Silver Surfer v3 #34, Silver Surfer v3 #44, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine 22, Star Wars: Heir to the Empire, Star Wars: Heir to the Empire Newsstand, Marvel Premiere 47, Star Wars 1 (vol. 1), Amazing Spider-Man 300.....sigh :$

10 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Wow! Am I reading that correctly? Your Value sub was shipped back to you after 9 days?

Since about mid-June, many Value subs are experiencing warp speed turnaround.   

I think the in-house signings mostly run through modern tiers (as those TATs are slower after previous warp speeds). Also ppl prioritizing non-Value books for said signings. Those 2 trends have left Modern graders over worked and Value graders under worked.   

That's how I visualize it anyway.

I still have 5 Modern Fast Track books that were received on 6/17/20 and are still Scheduled for Grading. Two other Signature Modern FT books were received on the same day (one invoice number difference) and they were already graded and returned to me 10 days ago.......strange. 

2 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I still have 5 Modern Fast Track books that were received on 6/17/20 and are still Scheduled for Grading. Two other Signature Modern FT books were received on the same day (one invoice number difference) and they were already graded and returned to me 10 days ago.......strange. 

Yeah it seems like the Signature series group got close to 100% of the channel for Modern graders. I guess time to send your silver age books for grading if you got them...Everything else is going to be a while...

3rd week my book has been stuck in grading/quality control limbo. Weirdly enough I sent two books to Clayton Crain signing afterwards I decided to send two books for the donny cates signing. Ive received one of the Clayton Crain books and the donny cates ones have been shipped but Im still waiting for this one. I like to think the book is stuck in grading for over 3wks because all the graders need to agree it's a 10.🤪

13 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

3rd week my book has been stuck in grading/quality control limbo. Weirdly enough I sent two books to Clayton Crain signing afterwards I decided to send two books for the donny cates signing. Ive received one of the Clayton Crain books and the donny cates ones have been shipped but Im still waiting for this one. I like to think the book is stuck in grading for over 3wks because all the graders need to agree it's a 10.🤪

I’m in the exact same boat. My one Crain book is still in Grading/QC. I’m not sure if it’s in Pressing or not. I’m thinking about emailing CGC but don’t want to step on any toes.

13 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Did you get the carnage label for that book? Maybe they sold out of carnage labels and had to restock? 

• Received 6/1/2020
      • 45 @9.8 Pre-screen - Modern (19 rejected :( )
        • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped 7/7/2020
      • 10 @ Value 
        • Shipped 6/10/2020
        • Grading / Quality Control 7/8/2020
      • 8 @ Modern 
        • Grading / Quality Control 7/8/2020
    • Received 6/22/2020

Well...that seemed to do it lol! :) 

33 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Mine just came thru, hopefully yours too Stormshadow!

Modern x5 (no addl services)

Delivered: 6/5/2020
CGC Rcvd: 6/9/2020
CGC Charged: 6/10/2020
SFG: 7/1/2020
Grading/QC: 7/7/2020
F/I/S: 7/8/2020

Awesome. I'm in QC hopefully I hit F/I/S soon :bigsmile:

Looks like you beat me to it (thumbsu

15 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Same boat. The batch I sent in first (three weeks before 2nd batch), has been stuck in SFG for 2 weeks. The 2nd batch came over from CCS on Monday (7/6), hit SFG yesterday and G/QC today. They'll be home first, it looks like. All the while the first batch sits, waiting...