• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, NebraskaGuy said:

Did you get the carnage label for that book? Maybe they sold out of carnage labels and had to restock? 

No, I didn't get a label. I sent in my copy of Transformers Ghostbusters #1. 

1 hour ago, ReporterSixx said:

Same boat. The batch I sent in first (three weeks before 2nd batch), has been stuck in SFG for 2 weeks. The 2nd batch came over from CCS on Monday (7/6), hit SFG yesterday and G/QC today. They'll be home first, it looks like. All the while the first batch sits, waiting...

Oh ok, I'm not the only one then 

39 minutes ago, Mtrx_25 said:

You are not alone. I called at lunch and got no real definitive answer on how this happened. Just a line about how the graders must have wanted "a little more time" with the other books & they're still within the listed allotted turnaround time. 

21 hours ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Second batch flipped to F/I/S this morning. First batch still sitting, waiting in SFG purgatory. 

8 minutes ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Received 5/27

Shipped 7/9

Finally out of limbo, hope your books are up next

That’s awesome but now it means I refresh once every 3-5 minutes checking on my order instead of once every 30 minutes....I got issues. 

18 minutes ago, Mtrx_25 said:

Received 5/27

Shipped 7/9

Finally out of limbo, hope your books are up next

That's good news! There's hope yet. I must say, was very happy with grades of the 2nd batch. If the first grade out as good, will be well worth the wait. 

On 7/10/2020 at 9:56 AM, lonetree said:

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 06/11/20
Received 06/16/20
Scheduled for Grading 07/09/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 06/24/20
Received 06/25/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 06/29/20
Received 06/30/20

For 50 books, do you end up paying separate invoices of 25 books each? The return boxes can't hold 50 slabbed books, right?

40 minutes ago, comixry said:

For 50 books, do you end up paying separate invoices of 25 books each? The return boxes can't hold 50 slabbed books, right?

The 50 books are on one invoice.  Even though they ship back in batches of 25, there is only one $5 handling fee per invoice. Also, shipping the books there is cheaper to send 50 than (2) batches of 25.  My shipping method to send the books to CGC holds a maximum of 50 books.

1 hour ago, lonetree said:

The 50 books are on one invoice.  Even though they ship back in batches of 25, there is only one $5 handling fee per invoice. Also, shipping the books there is cheaper to send 50 than (2) batches of 25.  My shipping method to send the books to CGC holds a maximum of 50 books.

How do you pack them?

13 hours ago, lonetree said:

But do they charge you twice for shipping on the two sets of 25?