• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Just checked tracking and my books shipped via USPS wee expected to arrive today, but are running late. Who knows how late. MY one concern is selling books via Ebay. Lately I've noticed that some books are still shown as not being delivered 2 weeks after the fact, even though the buyers have confirmed the delivery.

I use FedEx to have cgc ship books to me. But I have same concern about sales. Especially as it relates to insurance. With signature confirmation is just seems the books never show as delivered. I’ve received some myself I never signed for, they don’t show as delivered in tracking. I’m an honest guy and say thank you to seller - but what’s to keep a dishonest person from saying they never received it?  Wouldn’t insurance say nope, never signed for?  Then seller is out thousands of dollars?  Yes, I realize that is fraud and the buyer could be thrown in jail, but as a seller it does worry me. So much so I’m considering not using USPS anymore for anything above a few hundred bucks. 

4 minutes ago, RedGiant said:

I use FedEx to have cgc ship books to me. But I have same concern about sales. Especially as it relates to insurance. With signature confirmation is just seems the books never show as delivered. I’ve received some myself I never signed for, they don’t show as delivered in tracking. I’m an honest guy and say thank you to seller - but what’s to keep a dishonest person from saying they never received it?  Wouldn’t insurance say nope, never signed for?  Then seller is out thousands of dollars?  Yes, I realize that is fraud and the buyer could be thrown in jail, but as a seller it does worry me. So much so I’m considering not using USPS anymore for anything above a few hundred bucks. 

I agree 100%. Not to derail this thread too much, but I recently received a message from an Ebay buyer that the $90 CGC book he had purchased was not delivered, even though USPS had marked it as being delivered. He finally got in touch with the USPS office (I tried to no avail) and they had shipped it to a different address than the one on the label. The buyer drove to the other address (about 1 mile away from where he lived) and confronted the home owner. They acknowledged that they received the book and had given it to a friend. He gave them an ultimatum and the book was in his hand a day later. 

3 hours ago, skybolt said:

I agree 100%. Not to derail this thread too much, but I recently received a message from an Ebay buyer that the $90 CGC book he had purchased was not delivered, even though USPS had marked it as being delivered. He finally got in touch with the USPS office (I tried to no avail) and they had shipped it to a different address than the one on the label. The buyer drove to the other address (about 1 mile away from where he lived) and confronted the home owner. They acknowledged that they received the book and had given it to a friend. He gave them an ultimatum and the book was in his hand a day later. 

Wow guy knew the book belonged to someone else and instead of doing the right thing, handed it off to a friend. People never seem to surprise me.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:13 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

I have a 14 book value shipment via USPS that was forwarded from USPS Tampa on June 17th.

There has been no update since then and I have filed a lost package claim with USPS. They are looking into it...

The frustrating part is I moved to Orlando so I am two hours away from CGC headquarters. If they would slide it out the front gate I would have been happy to make the 4 hour round trip to pick it up. The gas would have been cheaper than the shipping price I was charged as well.

I received an email from USPS regarding my lost package inquiry. They said they were unable to locate the package and advised me to file a lost package insurance claim. Approximately $1500 worth of silver age ASM books dropped off the face of the earth.:ohnoez:

22 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I received an email from USPS regarding my lost package inquiry. They said they were unable to locate the package and advised me to file a lost package insurance claim. Approximately $1500 worth of silver age ASM books dropped off the face of the earth.:ohnoez:

Extremely sorry to hear that! :cry:

2 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:

Really sorry to hear that. If you have pictures of the books and cgc case # or had cgc image the books I would post a thread saying missing books and be on the look out.  That way if theft occured maybe they can still be found. Good luck.

Greg Horn In House Signing Modern (2 Books)
Delivered 06/01/20
Received 06/03/20
Signing 07/10/20
Scheduled for Grading 07/14/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 06/11/20
Received 06/16/20
Scheduled for Grading 07/09/20
Graded/QC 07/13/20
Shipped 07/14/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 06/24/20
Received 06/25/20

Modern (50 Books)
Delivered 06/29/20
Received 06/30/20

On 7/14/2020 at 12:20 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

Modern:
In CGC's hands Mon 7/14
Received: ___

I was just going to ask to see if anyone knew how long they were taking to "receive" the books.  Mine were delivered Monday but still not in their system as received.

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

I was just going to ask to see if anyone knew how long they were taking to "receive" the books.  Mine were delivered Monday but still not in their system as received.

Post Covid it’s pretty normal for them to take 2-3 days between tracking showing they’ve arrived and them being “received” into CGC’s system. I admit I freaked out the first time it happened but it went that way five submissions in a row since May.

Edited by lighthouse

45 minutes ago, Battletoads82 said:

Still tapping my foot waiting on SFG. Received on 6/24. The wait man! 

Mine received 6/23 and still on received. The wait is killing me! 
I’m still waiting on a Crain signed book from early June too. 

2 hours ago, NebraskaGuy said:
2 hours ago, Battletoads82 said:

Still tapping my foot waiting on SFG. Received on 6/24. The wait man! 

Mine received 6/23 and still on received. The wait is killing me! 
I’m still waiting on a Crain signed book from early June too. 

Received 6/18

Shipped Thursday July 16th

6 moderns... slow track, :)

been a minute and finding patience is tough, hang in there guys :foryou:

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Received 6/18

Shipped Thursday July 16th

6 moderns... slow track, :)

been a minute and finding patience is tough, hang in there guys :foryou:

Thanks for update - I have some modern slow track delivered 6/16 - 'received' 6/22 still in received status.  Seems I'm probably only a couple days away now based on this.

Edited by RedGiant

15 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Yeah, my box was delivered Monday. Still anxiously awaiting verified :/

6 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Yeah, my box was delivered Monday. Still anxiously awaiting verified :/

Ya it would be nice for them to just confirm they got the package.  Don't need the process to move but just confirming yup receiving has it and we'll keep trucking.

15 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Ya it would be nice for them to just confirm they got the package.  Don't need the process to move but just confirming yup receiving has it and we'll keep trucking.

There used to be a "Received" and then a "Verified" status but I think they've done away with the Verified status... probably because it doesn't take much more time to "Verify" them at the same time as looking at them once they are on an invoice. Just a guess.  

Edited by Rhymenoceros