• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Yeah, my box was delivered Monday. Still anxiously awaiting verified :/

Sorry to disappoint, but my box was delivered last Thursday and still not received....

I know turnaround times are supposedly way down, but I can only assume that's because business is way down.  I wonder how many people they've furloughed/let go.

3 hours ago, Xyrmellon said:

Sorry to disappoint, but my box was delivered last Thursday and still not received....

I know turnaround times are supposedly way down, but I can only assume that's because business is way down.  I wonder how many people they've furloughed/let go.

Just got received. 

Getting close to graded, here are my timelines:

25 Modern Prescreen

Signed for by CGC: 6/5/2020

CGC Received: 6/10/2020

Scheduled for Grading: 7/15/2020

Grading/Quality Control: 7/16/2020

Credit card charged: 7/17/2020

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 7/20/2020

Edited by Jmchnaway

2 Modern Fast Tracked  -

Delivered to CGC - 7/6

Received by CGC - 7/10 (this is the longest it has taken thus far for them to receive in one of my submissions)

SFG (and clickable) - 7/13

Grading/QC - 7/15

Shipped/Imaged - 7/17

TAT when it was received was 13 business days, actual TAT from date it was received in the system was 5 business days.  Again both books are coming back and are right on where I was hoping they would be (9.8) but they very easily could have been 9.4/9.6, so I am pleased.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

There used to be a "Received" and then a "Verified" status but I think they've done away with the Verified status... probably because it doesn't take much more time to "Verify" them at the same time as looking at them once they are on an invoice. Just a guess.  

Mine went to received today.  Hopefully yours aren't too far behind

3 hours ago, Crops068 said:

2 Modern Fast Tracked  -

Delivered to CGC - 7/6

Received by CGC - 7/10 (this is the longest it has taken thus far for them to receive in one of my submissions)

SFG (and clickable) - 7/13

Grading/QC - 7/15

Shipped/Imaged - 7/17

TAT when it was received was 13 business days, actual TAT from date it was received in the system was 5 business days.  Again both books are coming back and are right on where I was hoping they would be (9.8) but they very easily could have been 9.4/9.6, so I am pleased.

Fast tracked were actually....fast tracked.:whatthe:

On 7/14/2020 at 11:18 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

I received an email from USPS regarding my lost package inquiry. They said they were unable to locate the package and advised me to file a lost package insurance claim. Approximately $1500 worth of silver age ASM books dropped off the face of the earth.:ohnoez:

Update-I filed a lost package insurance claim and within 48 hours the box was moving again.

It took 30 calendar days to move from Sarasota, FL to Kansas City, MO but it looks like it is moving again.

Hopefully the box doesn't look like a NASA space capsule that went through earth reentry when it shows up on my door step.

5ebb68e15785324736781bb6.gif

On 7/16/2020 at 12:59 PM, Xyrmellon said:

I doubt they've furloughed/laid off. Everything is backlogged because of in-house signings and meeting those promised TATs. In past week they've had Frank Miller, Mayhew, and several others on roster pass through. 

It's all a waiting game.

1 hour ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Modern:
In CGC's hands Mon 7/13
Received: Mon 7/20

Looks like we are sitting at 1 week after delivery for at least modern subs to be put into the system. 

The last one I sent it took them a day to actually put it in their system from the time it was delivered. This was on 6/29 (they acknowledged they had it), it still hasn't moved. Modern also.

Edited by thegiftedone45

On 7/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

Update-I filed a lost package insurance claim and within 48 hours the box was moving again.

It took 30 calendar days to move from Sarasota, FL to Kansas City, MO but it looks like it is moving again.

Hopefully the box doesn't look like a NASA space capsule that went through earth reentry when it shows up on my door step.

5ebb68e15785324736781bb6.gif

Hopefully it was just sitting somewhere for all that time. Mail is super slow these days. I just received a Heritage Comics auction brochure 1 week after the auction ended. I usually get it one week before. Also, for whatever reason, I sent my raw books to be graded by CGC via USPS ground shipping. It was supposed to take 6 days to arrive, but it took ten (I'll take it). Hopefully CGC can enter it into their system by end of week.

16 minutes ago, NebraskaGuy said:

So bored hitting refresh every 10 minutes to see if my Received status from 6/23 gets updated to SFG. Its a Modern, 8 books, slow boat. Tomorrow marks 20 business days. Got to be any minute...right?

I'm 6 days behind you...At this rate I'm not getting mine back until late September. 

18 minutes ago, NebraskaGuy said:

So bored hitting refresh every 10 minutes to see if my Received status from 6/23 gets updated to SFG. Its a Modern, 8 books, slow boat. Tomorrow marks 20 business days. Got to be any minute...right?

When were books received?