• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2020 at 10:22 PM, skybolt said:

Looks like I have to wait until next week for CGC to officially receive the books. :cry:

Anyone else still waiting for books to be received? Mine were delivered on July 18th.

7 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Anyone else still waiting for books to be received? Mine were delivered on July 18th.

I am not at the moment, but CGC is really backed up by the InHouse Signings. Claremont himself spent 2 days autographing a bunch of books. And because the posted TAT doesn't take effect until a book is marked "Received," CGC can be sneaky and pad their stats by delaying when submissions are entered into system. So I would not be concerned about it taking so long to be marked received - it isn't lost.   
That being said, I have reached out to Customer Service via contact us form at bottom of page several times and they have been incredibly responsive to my requests/queries. 

22 hours ago, Jordan Morris said:

If CGC attempted to charge for grading services and my card wouldn’t allow it for some reason will I go to the back of the line for grading or can I call tomorrow and get it fixed and be right on track. Also if I’m being charged for grading will I get my book soon?

Bump

On 7/24/2020 at 9:44 AM, AsGold said:

Received: 6/16/20
Items: 25
Service: PRESCREEN - MODERN

Received: 7/22/20
Items: 7
Service: ECONOMY

Items: 3
Service: MODERN

Items: 13
Service: VALUE

Let's see how this plays out!

29 working days... Still no movement. 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I have a pre screen modern slow sitting since 6/22 also 

weird how some move and others sit 

I suspect there are some elements of submissions that can hasten or slow their progress. Mine doesn't have a prescreen (you pays your money, you takes your chances!), so that's one less step to complete. On the other hand, I have a couple of books that will be new to the registry, which will require some extra time on their end to create the relevant entries.

1 hour ago, hermster said:

Modern submission 

Received: 6/25

Schedule for grading: 7/25 :whistle:

Nice! Yup, lately it seems its taking about a week from Delivered to Received and another month from received to SFG.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, skybolt said:

12 Moderns - Grading (slow track)

10 Moderns - Pressing (slow track)

Delivered: 7/18

Picked-Up - 7/20

Received: No info yet

Per response from CGC, they are currently processing packages received on the week of July 13th. They noted this process usually takes 2-8 business days. I'm on 7 business days now, so hopefully the submission will be marked as received by tomorrow.

• Order of 50 books total
    • Signed for by CGC 6/15/2020
    • Received 6/22/2020
      • 50 @9.8 Pre-screen Modern
        • Current Status: Received
  • Order of 68 books total
    • Signed for by CGC 7/20/2020
    • Received 7/24/2020
      • 50 @9.8 Pre-screen - Modern
      • 11 @ Value 
      • 7 @ Modern 

7 hours ago, skybolt said:

Per response from CGC, they are currently processing packages received on the week of July 13th. They noted this process usually takes 2-8 business days. I'm on 7 business days now, so hopefully the submission will be marked as received by tomorrow.

Books now marked as received by CGC.