• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, electricprune said:

27 Book Modern 

7-10 Shipped from Ann Arbor USPS Priority

7-14 Arrives at distribution center in Coppell, TX. Because it was on the way.

7-18 Available for pick up (Saturday)

7-20 Picked Up by CGC

7-28 Received

Looks about right. Due to Covid-19, USPS Priority is slow these days. The whole 3-day Priority delivery no longer applies.

My books from the Chris Claremont signing are done and overall, very pleased with results. Hopefully other submitters will be too. 

Claremont In-House Signing x10 (no addl services)

Delivered: 5/18
CGC Rcvd: 5/19
CGC Charged: 5/20
        (signed by Chris Claremont 7/21)
SFG: 7/22 
Grading/QC:  7/28
F/I/S: 7/29

I know mine is but a twig in the overall logjam, but hopefully as these In-House signing clear out, the rest of our regular submissions will pick up steam! 

10 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

My books from the Chris Claremont signing are done and overall, very pleased with results. Hopefully other submitters will be too. 

Claremont In-House Signing x10 (no addl services)

Delivered: 5/18
CGC Rcvd: 5/19
CGC Charged: 5/20
        (signed by Chris Claremont 7/21)
SFG: 7/22 
Grading/QC:  7/28

I know mine is but a twig in the overall logjam, but hopefully as these In-House signing clear out, the rest of our regular submissions will pick up steam! 

I'm in that boat too :) I'll share :foryou: 

Received 5/21

SFG around 7/24

and shipped 7/28 :) 

GSXM, signed by Claremont...... once a 7.0..... had it pressed before sending to CGC for the signing .....

NOW A 

Spoiler

8.0 :banana: :banana: :sumo:lol :roflmao: just super happy, think I'll go to the fridge and get a pop!!! CAFFEINE Please!

51 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hide contents

8.0 :banana: :banana: :sumo:lol :roflmao: just super happy, think I'll go to the fridge and get a pop!!! CAFFEINE Please!

Now THAT is awesome Adamantium! I'm happy for you getting such a nice bump! Did not submit my GSX1 for signing, but it currently carries a "lowly" 5.0 because of some light staining. Don't care, still presents like an 8.0...in my heart. 

Mine are nothing special, but all came in higher than expected based on raw condition...like; 6.5 X-men 101, 7.5 Iron Fist 14, 9.0 X-men 129...and a couple others. They were personal collection, not investment/speculative so I'm pretty stoked! Just waiting on my God Loves, Man Kills to come back since it was subbed under magazine tier. 

Anyway...back to drumming a hole in desk waiting on my blue label modern subs with the rest of you, LOL

11 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Now THAT is awesome Adamantium! I'm happy for you getting such a nice bump! Did not submit my GSX1 for signing, but it currently carries a "lowly" 5.0 because of some light staining. Don't care, still presents like an 8.0...in my heart. 

Mine are nothing special, but all came in higher than expected based on raw condition...like; 6.5 X-men 101, 7.5 Iron Fist 14, 9.0 X-men 129...and a couple others. They were personal collection, not investment/speculative so I'm pretty stoked! Just waiting on my God Loves, Man Kills to come back since it was subbed under magazine tier. 

Anyway...back to drumming a hole in desk waiting on my blue label modern subs with the rest of you, LOL

Man that is a respectable slew of sigs :) I'd be ecstatic too! Congrats!

And Thanks!

Received: 6/16/20
Items: 25
Service: PRESCREEN - MODERN

Received: 7/22/20
Items: 7
Service: ECONOMY
7/29/20 SFG

Items: 3
Service: MODERN

Items: 13
Service: VALUE

And my last item from Chris Claremont signing has cleared the queue! 

Delivered: 5/22
CGC Rcvd: 5/26
CGC Charged: 5/27
          (signed 7/21
SFG: 7/23
Grading/QC: 7/28

Got a 7.0 for my reader copy of God Loves, Man Kills and I'm happy it's rejoining the collection. 
Back to staring at last sub, received on 7/1, that hasn't budged or been charged. 

On 7/27/2020 at 4:43 PM, Qalyar said:

20 (Slow) Modern books, received 6/25. The lure of the refresh button begins to grow stronger.

Good news: As of 7/29, I have SFG!

Bad news: Two of the books I submitted were variant covers of an issue that has previously been slabbed with a single label, making the variants indistinguishable. Despite assurances from CGC that they'd be broken out correctly at my request, and despite including notes to help them do just that, they currently have identical entries in the SFG line item list. I've sent an email in the hopes that this can be caught before finalization...

On 6/29/2020 at 7:48 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

Received- 6/29 (today), pretty surprised it took this long since I sent it off last Tuesday (6/23). At this pace it will be over 25 business days before I get it back.

Happy 1 month still on received anniversary to me. Though I feel lucky that it only took them 3 days to put it in received when I'm looking at some of these other posts who have had it be a week before it's put in received. 

1 minute ago, greggy said:

Man, these private signings are slowing down my modern subs

Boo

My modern subs were received 6/15 - just hit SFG this morning :frown: